Home

Return to a Medieval Style in KotOR III?

The Source

:lol: Such a manly man you are, jimbo! All function and no fashion. I bet your wife furnishes your wardrobe. ;)

Usually I'm the practical one of the family since I'm fashion-impaired (I spent my high school/college time with my nose stuck in science, history, and French books, not fashion magazines). I'm the one who spends an eternity at the workbenches trying to figure out the best upgrades to go with the particular robe/armor/weapon that I'd like to use at that point in the game. I limit myself to picking out some shirts and ties for b-days and holidays. :)

I'd like a bit more stylish robes, and hoods would be cool, but the only thing I've desperately felt like changing were those idiotic red '70's Converse style sneakers the Exile starts out with on Peragus. :)

As someone who hated the KotOR I Jedi/Sith Robes I am not for seeing them again...

Perhaps have a layered approach of some sort, an Inner Outfit (Clothes Layer) and an Outer Robe (Cloak Layer). This would allow for even more item bonuses! :D

Heavy Armour, Black Outer Robe, Hood, sabers attached to your belt and a dozen sith troopers looking your way. ... Now that would be fun.

As someone who hated the KotOR I Jedi/Sith Robes I am not for seeing them again...

Definitely agreed, the "robes" in KotOR1 didn't look much like robes at all, in my opinion, more like some kind of exotic military uniform.

And the model made the character look deformed with stick figure legs and no buttocks, attaching the legs directly to the back of the character. Characters like Bastila also looks like their head is huge in proportion to their body while wearing it. Looks horrible. :roleyess:

The more traditional Jedi-like robes in TSL were looking much better. A bit more detail with less sharp edges on the boots wouldn't hurt, but overall the Jedi Knight robes in TSL are the preferable clothing of my Exile and Visas. :)

^^^^

That's how I felt as well stoffe! :D

Heavy Armour, Black Outer Robe, Hood, sabers attached to your belt and a dozen sith troopers looking your way. ... Now that would be fun.

Yes it would, this is my thoughts exactly, your clothes/armor layer and an outer robe layer, why not wear a hooded robe over armor, I did it all the time in the PnP RPG. A Bubble Cloak actually, never leave your ship without one. :D

Explaination: Bubble Cloaks are an emergency shelter that transforms into a wearable cloak. Handy-dandy little pieces of equipment, they can be made to look like capes, trenchcoats, or hooded robes. They also grant a small amount of physical protection. Just 750-800 Credits! Buy yours today! ;)

Too heck with defense bonuses and PnP! A true Sith Lord would never need to wear heavy armor! It implies they can't deflect blaster bolts well enough, or are too clumsy to fend off melee opponents. That also brings to mind how someone so incompetent became a Sith Lord in the first place.

Too heck with defense bonuses and PnP!

The game system is the D20 PnP system, and no matter if you want to adknowledge it or not. Beginning RPG characters need that type of protection, until you find items or other such trinkets along the way to enhance your base defense more.

One of the first purchases or 'aquisitions' for most all Force Adept character types is usually a suit of armor, usually light, but some opt for heavy or bounty hunter armor. Unless you are really lucky and get a good robe to wear early.

Only with sufficient expirience can you go around in only a robe and tunic acting all bad-ass. ;)

I think KotOR I was a good example of this.

A true Sith Lord would never need to wear heavy armor! It implies they can't deflect blaster bolts well enough, or are too clumsy to fend off melee opponents. That also brings to mind how someone so incompetent became a Sith Lord in the first place.

Not every character is a Sith Lord... silly. :roleyess:

*Takes ED's crack pipe away*

I don't have much to say, cept that I love the K1 robes and totally agree with Macleod in every aspect.

Edit: I kinda like the K1 Jedi robes because they are more like a tunic. If we had the option to take off the robe and wear just the tunic, as Reven is insinuating, I'd be in a my happy place.

basically... no capes!

Actually a more fantasy/medieval style outfit choice would not be bad either. They can even make a more medieval planet (which we know exist, like that "zelda" planet) and they can have things like centaurs/styre/harpies and what not on it. Before you think I am nuts thats what was happening during Darth Bane...

Well, being a jedi (or sith) is about going thru different worlds and styles and new experience... and a unique world or two would be nice. I mean, yes its nice for Nar Shaddaa, and Tatooine/Dantooine/Korriban is nice place, but we all know what those places look like. Rather, some less explored planets would be nice. I love how they have that Dxun/Onderon thingy, and Taris and even Telos is nice, even that Mannan thingy. No I am not saying I want to see those worlds again, but rather... there are many other worlds that are interesting but not explored by games and otherwise.

Think, Jabiim, Felucia, Anzat... all those nice places...

There are also many nice playable worlds in/near the unknown regions, like that one with the sith black fire magic thingy and what not.

Anyway I'd love to see an option to have the normal robes, and whether you want to wear a cloak as well. Okay, in the films the Jedi pretty much always run around with cloaks on except when they fight. Then all you need to do is, for cloaks in the game, give them a maybe +1 charisma or intelligence, but -! defence. Something like that so you'll want to wear them normally, but not during combat.

Just a thought.

I like this idea. In the movies they never even bothered to remove the robes if they were fighting droids or clones because they were hardly a threat. But when two Jedi face off, they remove them probably to keep from tripping. So there should be a huge penalty for dueling in a robe, but not from fighting regular guys. Otherwise, the player would have to keep taking off and putting on the robe for every room they entered. It would get annoying except on occasion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
...I wasn't all that thrilled with the 'robes' in K1.

They were tunics I think.

In KOTOR 2 I liked the robes but I would like to see some variety, such as more armour-like robes like Malak's. The jedi armour was a great idea but let's move away from the Oompa Loompa trooper look. I think the japanese style of armour would look good on jedi, since it's one piece and doesn't look like and armoured trooper [although Obi-wan did look good in his trooper armour].

Archived