Home

Camping. . .

MrWally

So: In two days I'm driving for 8 hours up to the woods in northern Wisconsin, far past the reaches of normal civilization, past beyond the cities, the people, the factories, hell, I've never even seen a building out there that wasn't made out of logs. I'm going to be spending 3 weeks in the middle of the wilderness at a place called Blaire lake going hiking, canoeing, and rock climbing. I'm not bringing any electronics whatsoever besides my camera and a flashlight (torches start forest fires :p) and probably won't see any other human being (outside of those I'm camping with) for a full 3 weeks.

And I can't wait.

So I started wondering, does anyone else have any fun/scary/insane camp/camping stories to share? I can definately think up a few. Like the time during camp when my friend stumbled upon a trailer out in the middle of the woods filled with dead animals, sharp objects (axes and knives), and still fresh food sitting on the table O_o

And there was the time I woke up only to find there was a black bear rummaging around just outside my cabin :D

Do any of you have stuff to share?

One time, I was out camping, when I heard this noise outside the tent, so I looked outside to see what it was, and it was this huge fricking grizzly bear, and it tried to maul me, but I was too quick, and I whipped out my hunting knife and I sliced its paw off, and it started to run away, so I started chasing it, and it ran down the mountainside, and I chased after it, and when I caught up to it, I gouged its eyes out, and then I snapped its neck with my bare hands, and by that time it was dead, so I skinned the whole damn thing and made myself some sort of shaman warrior chieftan bear cloak type thing.

used to go camping alot. this one time we were on our way down to fl, and camping in like virginia during hurricane uhm...bertha i think? then we were packing up to move and lightning starts striking everywhere, it was funny and scary.

I hate camping. But I go camping with Cadets (it's excactly like the army but for "minors" Anyway, we had all sat down to eat our rat packs and my friend had to go back to the lines (tents) and we get back there and there's a bloody kangaroo going through all the tents! it saw us and ran off. it allmost coahangered itself on all the tent ropes.

Yeah, I did it once. I killed eleven PLAN soldiers with my machine gun, but then the server admin kicked me:D.

Seriously, though, we went on this school trip once that involved spending a night in a tipi up in the mountains. We rode bikes loaded up with way too much stuff along a scenic railway, admiring the views. It was awesome.

We were supposed to go on this trip to the same area with school in the winter. We would hike up into the snowy wastes and dig snow caves to sleep in. But the trip was cancelled as too few people signed up. Back then it seemed like madness, but in hindsight, I wish I had signed up and that the trip hadn't been cancelled. Oh well.

bout every other weekend i go camping, i battle a lot of raccoons

"Battle" haha, I can imagine Dath bursting out of his cabin/tent with an AK47 blasting the **** outta a horde of raccoons charging down the mountain side.

:p

"Battle" haha, I can imagine Dath bursting out of his cabin/tent with an AK47 blasting the **** outta a horde of raccoons charging down the mountain side.

:p

Are you stalking me? And it be a tent. Always camp in the primitive area armed with a knife, hatchet, and 9mm. Occastionally I'll leave piles of cheetos out near the campfire, and in the middle of the night, I'll break out the 13 million candle power spot light I have. The looks of fear on those coons eyes. GLORIOUS!

I much prefer either camping by myself, or with a family member who isn't a bumbling moron. Having gone on several Boy Scout camping trips way back, I'll never d it again. Going camping with the Scouts is like going camping with the biggest drunk in town 30 times over.

I hate camping. But I go camping with Cadets (it's excactly like the army but for "minors".

Even back when I still was in a Jrotc organization, there were very few in my unit I would have considered going camping with, the mental stability of these people is less than ideal.

Other then that I love camping.

I for one welcome our new cuddly killer overlords.

*gasp!* BLASHPHEMER!!!

HE'S ONE OF THEM!

So it's 11:30 and I'm still packing. Hmmm. I have to wake up at 5 to get there, I'm not looking towards much sleep, am I O_o

But it's sooo gonna be worth it ^_^ Right in the beginning we're going on a 5 day hike up the mountains (while carrying a dufflebag filled with all our gear... and some of the slopes are 45+ degrees... good thing I've been training). Then I believe we're just going to spend the next few days camping up there, and once we get back down we're going to go on a 4 day canoe trip, going from lake to river to lake back to the main camping site. Then I think we're going to backpack out into the woods for a bit, and from then on I'm not really sure.

Oh god it's gonna be amazing.

I much prefer either camping by myself, or with a family member who isn't a bumbling moron. Having gone on several Boy Scout camping trips way back, I'll never d it again. Going camping with the Scouts is like going camping with the biggest drunk in town 30 times over.

I went on a 3 day canoe trip down the Green River with my scout troop a few years ago. It was a nightmare. I was covered in so much insect repellent, I could peel it off like a layer of skin. And I still got eaten alive. It was terrible. I haven't done anything with the scouts since.

Tyrion was just touched by raccoons a lot in naughty places. He has been too traumatized to know they are evil. And have fun camping guy who started this thread whose name I've forgotten and am too lazy to scroll up 1 inch to see your name. Watch out for the coons.

Archived