Home

Mod Status? Anyone?

darth_yomama

Does anyone know how active these mods are-- DF, JK, MOTS? I'm pretty sure the Dark Forces Mod is going slowly but surely. The JK Mod... I really don't know how hard at work they are. Seems like they've slowed down quite a bit. The MOTS Mod I sadly think isn't going anywhere until the DF and JK Mods are complete. Anybody have the facts?

I speak for them all, since im a member of them all one way or another (if there are any edits to this, please post):

The DF mod is moving along, just there have been some people MIA, and our focus is finding those people, working hard until then, and gettign a demo out.

The JK mod is moving nicely, but we are dealign with lack of workforce and also the dragging out of the demo. Once we get soem more people or a little more time passes for the current members, well give upcoming info ASAP.

MotS is moving nicely, progress is going well. Like DF and JK, though all work that is being done is being kept private until a release.

I hope that clears everythign up.

Zem

If you guys need any multiplayer coding help let me know, i've been working slowly on the old school mod as well and getting things like force destruction and finished carbonite gun coding and working on rail det for ja (not the models, just coding for now). So i'm sure they can benefit if you do some sort of multiplayer coop option since editing single player is limited.

Of course we could use MP coding help. I'd suggest you drop Shamus an email or talk more on the DF2Mod forums and we'll all work something out.

As for the progress of the individual mods...

DFMod is going pretty well. We do have several people MIA, including two of our mappers. Fortunately, all three levels of the next demo are moving forward. Gromas is finished save for some bug testing and a few minor adjustments. The interior of testbase is very far along and Salv is working on the exterior terrain map. I've been making exceptional progress on dtention center until just recently when I ran into some serious snags. Everything is being worked out, though, and I don't expect it to slow us down much.

DF2Mod is moving a bit slower. Right now, we need models for 01narshadda, though we can hopefully work with the MotS Mod team to get weapons finished. Narshadda is coming together quite nicely. Once I've finished the latest build, I'll see about adding some more screens to my already enormous gallery. Level 3 and Level 4 are also well into production and once I seal up the leaks in the latest build of level 4, I'll take some screens of that. Gorc and Pic is also finished save for a minor adjustments and testing. Really, the problem is the lack of a modeling force which we need to get the demo out. We've recently gotten some new texture artist applications and there's a very good chance they'll make the cut, so that's one department we can rest easy on.

MotS is moving forward in the construction of the first level. They've recently gone through some leadership/management changes that have temporarily slowed things down but there is a lot of activity in the modeling department, which is beneficial to both DF2 and MotS. You just won't publicly see any of this as it's going on behind the curtains, so to speak.

As for updating the website, we'll update as soon as we have material to show. Personally, I like to have well-polished professional looking images to share, as I'm sure you'll notice from the narshada gallery. So, it takes longer for me to get stuff out the door. No need to worry, though. None of the projects has died and we have no intention of letting that happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived