86 members have voted

1. 1. Light or Dark

• Lightside
    • Darkside

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I go DS for kotor2.

For kotor1 I play LS all the way, but got the DS ending, cause I have a "change of heart" when I see Bastila, which I think would only be reasonable after all the romance I do with her. It would also make a wonderful tragic story.

Sometimes I start off saying, "No matter what, I'm going to beat the game as a Dark-sider." But minutes in I'm so overwhelmed by guilt that I go back to LS. :xp: So, I've always ended up playing KOTOR 1 and 2 as a light-sider, because it's hard to be so freakin' cruel for 15 hours straight of gameplay. :p

(For those who don't know: If you beat the game LS and then again as DS, the third time through extra conversation options will appear with your party members.)

well Maverick5770 it normal your a lightsider you're canadian!!!

What, Canadians can't be evil? I consider myself as militant and evil as the next guy, and I happily trumpet my status as a patriotic Canadian. ;P

Seriously, I do both equally, though for the first playthrough I go LS so I get the "good-guy" ending. I feel sorry for those who only play as LS this or DS that. They're missing half the game that way. DS is generally more fun though. I can honestly say I got more belly laughs out of my Darth Obnoxio character than Jedi Master Flanders.

I hear that. Mira is an absolute blast, why choose a hot babe who cracks rude jokes over Chewbacca gone bad? That's part of why I prefer light side, the good guys are more appealing, and I'd rather have a choice of who to fight with as opposed to being stuck with just Canderous (original game if you don't have T3 or HK).

I only play Light my first couple times through to soak up all the proper story elements and such. Once I play Dark, I find it somewhat difficult to play any other way.

I actually don't have a problem with being Dark; it's quite humorous and wicked fun leaving terror in your wake. The added influence feature is pretty nifty too.. I like trying to draw my entire party into being evil. ;)

Sometimes I start off saying, "No matter what, I'm going to beat the game as a Dark-sider." But minutes in I'm so overwhelmed by guilt that I go back to LS. :xp: So, I've always ended up playing KOTOR 1 and 2 as a light-sider, because it's hard to be so freakin' cruel for 15 hours straight of gameplay. :p

(For those who don't know: If you beat the game LS and then again as DS, the third time through extra conversation options will appear with your party members.)

o.O I don't know you can do that in kotor1, or at least I haven't noticed it.

But yeah for some reason kotor2 makes me want to play LS more. Maybe I am trying to do things against that old witch just to pisss her off.

For kotor1 though, it sounds nice to go LS, but I can't really see Revan not going with Bastila after the incident. My last planet was Korriban, basically you know your secret, lost your love, and goes razing the darn place just so I can go get her back faster. The mind is still in chaos, and there is no reason not to go with your love when you get a second(and might be only) chance.

Actually, yeah, come to think of it, I prefer DS for KOTOR 1, because it kinda of stinks for the great Sith Lord to become a plain ol' Jedi. But in KOTOR 2, I always play LS because most of my party is LS-aligned (that is, DS responses will lose influence with them), and also everyone looks just plain ugly if they're on the DS. Diseased skin, too much eye-shadow...that sort of thing. Yeah, and you get Mira, of course.

Archived