Light or Dark  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Light or Dark

• Lightside
    • Darkside

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think i'd be a DS because it would be fun to just walk around killing anyone i see or maybe influencing them to kill.

This should be an option in all chat menus if your evil and talking to someone with lesser influence: "Go off and kill someone". I think that would be awsome.

With the Splinter Cell comments, by that I meant one early scene that's been highly publicised is Sam Fisher infiltrating a terrorist cell and in order to gain acceptence they bring in a prisoner, hand him a gun and Fisher is to execute him. Much like Iraqi Insurgents publicly executed Nick Berg and Margarett Hassan. You can choose whether or not to do it, and the whole game's like that. Much like KOTOR, you can do good acts to please the NSA or bad ones to gain the trust of the terrorists.

I like to have some progression in my character, gives the exile some depth. ie, been in disgruntled exile and stubbornly abides his past mistakes and views the jedi with contempt because he believes they are the reason he lost his connection to the force. So at the start he's self absorbed and cynical, not evil though, just misguided. Then as he reconnects with the force he comes to understand how he was wrong and learns what it means to b a jedi.

So basically lightside, but i like to give it some genuine motivation, and not blindly always be self sacrificing and being a pitiful goody two shoes. That, and lightside makes the game more challenging.

LSF Revan - The DS Mode, granted, does better than ep 3 in showing just what DS means. Let's NOT cut away when the kid gets slaughtered. You picked the option, deal with it. Also, over half your party winds up dead.

Still, LS has a better story and stronger character arcs. The crew are moral, honorable, and strong folk with lines they refuse to cross. Even the "DS" Canderous is operating from a strict code of morality and honor. HK is the exception, and he's just built for gleeful malice. The ending is an homage to where it all began - Episode 4 - and there's this sense of things coming full circle. From hero to villian, and working your way back with the help of good people.

Female, I include for other reasons. There were quite a few things on that game that were just not present if you played male, and the Bastila romance didn't do much for me.

DSM Exile - With the exception of Kreia, who stands ground no matter what alignment you choose, Exile's crew were wavering and easily led with a dangerous and exploitable vulnerability (untapped FS). All the better to play someone loading up the one-way bus to hell and taking on as many passengers as possible. K2 was, in every way, a darker and nihilistic game. Nothing you did really mattered - it all came to the same place. Unlike the repentant LS Revan, a DS Exile could have did what he did and had zero remorse...later turning to pride, taking down the other two. The cut content tends to point further to this - with Atton fighting Mical (female) or Brianna fighting Visas (male).

Male? What cinched it was Kreia's world-class creepy line comparing the "virtues" of the women aboard, Atris's barely restrained jealousy, and the Handmaiden. Brianna gets the closest thing anyone on that game gets to a full, demonstrated character arc. She goes from the shunned, "least" of the sisters into the one who is able to defeat them all.

Yeah, I definately agree about LS revan, the characters and story are written in a far more linear way, the characters are good people, and that doesn't really change. Personally I think Revan should be male, i don't really know why, partly because I'm male i guess and I can relate to a male protagonist better, also because of how unconvincing Carth's romance seems, but it just seems to fit better.

The second game's storyline is far more non-linear as you were saying about the wavering characters, so I think both LS and DS fit well in the second game, also male and female both work well for the exile for different reasons, although i normally go male simply because handmaiden is a far more interesting character than mical, who seems like a bit of a dropkick, also Kreia's obsession with the exile could be partly inspired by attraction (yes i suppose kreia could be a lesbian but i doubt it).

as for the cutting away from the kiddies getting chopped, I thought the way he did it was great. Remember, the movie is still for all ages, even though it is darker than the others, showing him chopping them to bits would not be a good decision in terms of the reputation of the movie, the fact that he killed them at all is enough.

Don't we actually get to see it when Obi Wan looks at the recordings? Anyway, the implication is clear enough, he's gone over the edge if he's willing to slaughter children.

I do agree however with players facing the consequences of their actions, especially in something as deliciously downbeat and clouded as Sith Lords. Really the game has two modes: dark and darker, with the Jedi being evil, barely no one getting a pasting and the Exile herself being put through the wringer every chance the game can.

My playthroughs can be measured in single digits for LS characters, and triple digits for DS ones. It's a nice change over how Star Wars focuses on good guys as the main characters.

I beg your pardon your majesty, but isn't the whole Star Wars saga centered around the darkest character in the galaxy?

I like the sound of that! :D

It is befitting your title, your majesty. I've heard the tales of your wrath.

However, lately it seems your nemesis has softened your resolve. :yoda3

Could it be that there is a sliver of light in the darkness that is Devon? or do you just toy with us lumnecsent light siders?

About half of the saga. The other is on Luke, and both characters are good guys in the end. :)

Tell me then, which character, besides the droids exists in all six feature films?

...and the force ghost of old Obi-wan in ESB and ROTJ doesn't count.

That's right Annakin.

When Star Wars first came out, it seemed obvious that Luke was the center. But as the Saga continued, it became clear that Annakin/Vader was at the center of it all.

• 1 year later...

Wow, this is a really old thread! :lol: Ah, well, I think I'll post anyway.

In K1, I prefer DS, for both Male and Female. I use a mod to turn Carth to the DS, just 'cuz I don't like him running away down the beach. The only problem is having to kill Mission. :(

In K2, I haven't played DSM yet (or even finished LSM), but I had a lot of fun being a DS girl. I just happened to pick a head that looked good as a zombie. ;) It was really funny. My friend was watching me play DSF, and she said something along the lines of, "Don't you do anything good in this game?!" I switched back to my LS guy and showed her the 'white rain' background on the character sheet, and she said, "Umm...couldn't you do something dark, for a change?" She hasn't complained about the Dark Side since. :lol: I prefer Dark. It's lots of fun to mass murder pixels! :dev10::devburn::dev10:

i cant stand being darkside in k1 or k2.:halo2:

the thing is,you can be really idiotically sadistic in k2. you can kill random people for no reason. buut weell, sometimes i go a little darkside for the perks...

and sometimes i go hybrid. one instance that comes to mind is saquesh on nar shadaa. i negotiate with squidhead to save the refugee's daughter, getting ls points, then i go and snoop around his base in stealth, stealing his loot. after which i purposely go into his cache room so i can fillet that obnoxious idiot and barbeque his piggies. thus gaining xp, and a lot of goodies along the way.

i always try the ds opyions just to see the different outcomes but then i quick load and choose the best way which i want. (be it light or, if goodies are concerned, dark :dev7: )

Archived