Home

XP or 95?

urluckyday

I don't know how well The Dig runs on either 95 or XP natively (if at all). However, there is an excellent DOS emulator floating around in on the interweb called DOSBox (http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/ ). Just follow their instructions for mounting your CDROM drive (or hard disk, if you so choose) and set your sound card options to the default SBlaster16 settings from within The Dig launcher itself, and you should be good to go. :)

Of course, you can try running it under XP, but I doubt it'll work. You might have better luck with 95. I suppose I should test that myself, but I really have no need to. :p

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Well, if you do have access to a Win95 computer, you can play the game there practically without any flaws. In a Win XP computer you'll most likely need ScummVM to do so, but (thanks to this little program) most probably you won't feel the difference. Check the Sticky, it's all there.

• 1 month later...
What about Mac? Is there a Mac-version of this game?

I have successfully played the PC version on my Mac using either ScummVM or DosBOX, though I can't now recall which one specifically. They should both theoretically work fine.

If there was a Mac version released back in the day, keep in mind it would have been written for MacOS 7 or something, so may not work nicely with OSX.

• 1 month later...

Archived