Home

Microsoft goes after Apple's iPod

Char Ell

what's with the iPod bashing all the sudden??

My "bashing" isnt new, I have always thought they looked horrible. Sure they are pretty damn good cost/gig wise but looks still play a big part in my decision about if I am going to want to use something or not. And as I still consider the ipod ugly I am not going to want to use it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who gives a **** what it looks like? How many people honestly carry their mp3 player around like it's their child? I imagine like myself, most people have it in their pocket leaving only the headphones visible.

I'm all about aesthetics, but when I'm keeping the thing in my pocket for 99% of the time, who gives a ****. As long as it's functional/practical, it can be ugly as ass.

Also, iPod will not be knocked off it's hill. It already has brand name association. MP3 players are commonly titled as "iPod"'s by every normal person everywhere. And the iPod has never been cutting edge, Apple simply has the greatest marketting going ever with the thing.

Who gives a **** what it looks like? How many people honestly carry their mp3 player around like it's their child? I imagine like myself, most people have it in their pocket leaving only the headphones visible.

I'm all about aesthetics, but when I'm keeping the thing in my pocket for 99% of the time, who gives a ****. As long as it's functional/practical, it can be ugly as ***.

Also, iPod will not be knocked off it's hill. It already has brand name association. MP3 players are commonly titled as "iPod"'s by every normal person everywhere. And the iPod has never been cutting edge, Apple simply has the greatest marketting going ever with the thing.

Very well said. This pretty much sums up my ideas on the iPod.

_EW_

I'm all about aesthetics, but when I'm keeping the thing in my pocket for 99% of the time, who gives a ****. As long as it's functional/practical, it can be ugly as ass.

ah, and what about the increasing number of people with video ipods and portable media players :p That collection of old skool IceT videos i got from youtube look shyte when my pmc is in my pocket :p

mtfbwya

ah, and what about the increasing number of people with video ipods and portable media players :p That collection of old skool IceT videos i got from youtube look shyte when my pmc is in my pocket :p

mtfbwya

We could just make a pocket and protector out of clear plastic for that ultimate nerdy look.

Or, we could just make them a little better looking.

As long as it doesn't have a totally bling-bling look, I'm happy. Ugh, the image of a jewel-encrusted iPod just jumped in my head. Ack.

Archived