Home

[Fic] Star Wars: Assassination Protocols

You're back in action RC! The CEC has been busy since I have been tormentin Topsite with my new pet Kujo, the killer pencil. :lol:

Anyway critique time!

*clears throat*

First off, you still are following the guidleines you set for yourself in the previous chapters. You have a nice flow and you use line breaks to signify the change in scene. The first part of the conversation where HK and Eric were discussing options is interesting and slightly funny.

“I would suggest just dropping a baradium bomb on them from the air, but I don’t think we have much of that lying around.” HK said. “It depends on where and how they are situated.”

This comment however kind had me wishing HK would have said it differently. I still miss the fact that he doesn't say Statement before anything else. I think that was what added to the humor of the character. As to this line, I was thinking: 'A baradium bomb from the air would provided for maxium termination. Those squishy parts common to meatbags will splatter in a radius that would exemplfy the beauty of such work provided the target is placed together.'

For some reason that would have fit much better but it is hard for me to see it because I like HK from KOTOR. Still it is your fic to work however you want.

The last part where the trap was set for the both of them was a nice touch. I like the fact that the baddies think they have the advantage of separating them but I get the feeling HK will prove to be more than a match than they anticipated. You have a nice cliffhanger at the end which leaves room for possibilities. Overall you did a good job on this chapter. I look forward to seeing more chapters posted. If you don't, the flying manuscript and Kujo will be after you :D

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally got myself enough time to take a good look at the new chapter and I liked it. You are successfully managing to keep this fic interesting, RC. HK, though different without his 'Statement' and other prefixes still sounds very believable. Keep up the good work.

• 2 months later...

BOOM! Here comes another.

<_<

>_>

What? You forgot about this already?

FOURTEEN

HK had never particularly seen such an empty building before. Security was absolutely lax and he had no trouble making his was steadily to what was supposed to be the main office of Mafis Dion. Not without reason, this worried him more than he would have been if there had been a small army waiting, partly because there was something fishy going on, but mostly because his blaster had been silent for a long time and he wanted it to roar.

Walking down the corridor which held at its end HK’s destination, HK’s enhanced sensors picked up a sizable reception committee in the room, one of them kneeling…and with a sensor signature that matched Eric’s. Deciding that this wasn’t a time for mowing down the opposition with randomly sprayed blaster bolts, HK entered the room with his blaster ready and personal shield activated.

None of the expected blaster fire came, but HK kept his shield up regardless. He looked around and noted 6 armed men wearing the insignia of the Guild and a hooded figure standing in the middle of the room, clearly the leader of this group. Next to him, on his knees, was a trussed up Eric.

“Welcome, HK-47,” the hooded figure said, folding back his hood. “Say hello to your friend.”

HK eyed the armor suit that the person was wearing. According to his databanks, this person was definitely not Boba Fett. HK thought he had a right to know that and told him so.

“Did Boba Fett lend you that armor suit? Or did you steal it?” HK asked the impostor.

“I am Boba Fett,” he replied, cocking his head slightly to one side.

“My databanks hold the complete meatbag details of every important person in the Galaxy. Your pathetically deformed figure does not match the parameters in any way.”

“Okay, you win then,” the impostor said. “And you need to watch your mouth.”

“Vocal processors.” HK corrected. “I fail to understand how even protocol droids can put up with meatbag incompetence.”

The impostor removed his helmet and revealed a sun-tanned face very much different from that of Boba Fett’s, but not many would know since only a handful of beings knew what the real bounty hunter looked like under the helmet.

“I’m Dillan Mach, Leader of your Guild.” He said. “I’ve seen the quality of work you do and I think you’d fare better at my right hand rather than as the property of some neophyte bounty hunter.”

“HK doesn’t belong to me,” Eric piped in. “He’s an independent droid.”

“True, but that can change,” said Mach. “What say you, HK-47?”

“I’d say the organ you call your brain has suffered a massive overload.” HK replied. “Now release Eric. I’m just spoiling to shoot someone as it is.”

“Very well,” Mach said in mock resignation. He pulled out a blaster pistol and checked its charge. “I see there is no other way.”

He put the pistol to Eric’s head and looked at HK. “I’m not one for threats, but I’m a man who recognizes an opportunity, and I’m not letting that go. Surrender or he dies.”

HK stared at Eric, who was the first meatbag HK came to look upon as a friend. They had made a good team, but the Catch 22 situation here was going to break that up. Well, HK thought, better if both of us are functional rather than one free and one terminated.

“I surrender.” HK said, lowering his blaster. Eric just goggled at him in shock and Mach’s face took on a smug look.

“HK are you crazy?” Eric shouted. “You’re an assassination droid for crying out loud, pull the trigger and blast these morons!”

Mach, clearly not intending on losing HK to the brainwashing of his friend, pushed the business end of the blaster harder into Eric’s temple, shutting up the latter. He snapped his fingers at one of his cronies and the man stepped forward to place a restraining bolt on HK’s metal torso.

“You’ll excuse me for not wanting to take chances.” Mach said to HK.

“HK, use the damn blaster!” Eric shouted again, taking a risk, which soon proved to be fatal. Clearly not a very tolerant man, Mach took a step forward, aimed the pistol squarely at Eric’s chest and made it do its job. A flash later, Eric’s body slumped to the floor.

HK scrutinized the lifeless body of Eric with a new kind of emotion rising in him. His databanks called it…rage. He grasped the handle of his blaster tighter and looked up back at Mach, who was now busy giving orders to his men. He reached up to the restraining bolt attached to him but it restricted the motion of his arms. He couldn’t lift his palms above his waist. But HK wasn’t deterred. Rerouting more power to his arms, he wrestled with the mechanical restrictions of the bolt and with a bunch of grinding, he managed to get a good grip on the bolt. With one last burst of power, he pulled it out and looked back up. Mach and his men were looking at him with more fear now.

HK crumpled the comparatively fragile bolt in his hand and dropped it to the ground. Hefting his blaster, he said,

“Assassination Protocols activated. Target: Dillan Mach.”

Mach’s eyes went wide and he took a running dive and landed behind a desk just in time. He overturned it and crouched underneath to provide him cover as the rest of his men started firing at HK. The bolts bounced of HK’s reactivated shield and the droid got down to doing what he did best. He downed the 6 men in as many seconds and turned to face Mach. The latter recognized a hopeless cause and prepared to dive out of a nearby window. Just as HK got his shot off, Mach was out of the window and on his way to the sandy ground below.

HK tracked him through the window as he fell and pulled off a pair of shots which went wide. Mach landed hard, but being cushioned by the sand, he recovered quickly and got to his feet and ran. HK shot again, but in vain. The bounty hunter was out of range. Not wasting any more time, HK walked back to Eric’s body, picked it up and slung it over his shoulder and left, intent on completing his mission.

Archived