Home

The Tech Demo, Rumored for KOTOR 3 and Vader

Mister Chief

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks interesting this would be for xbox 360 and a Highly equipped PC? (500 MHz+ Graphics Card, Dual Core Processor, etc.) Seems like it would...

Yes making a game like this would cause many problems because most of us dont run high end processors packed with a nvidia 7900 graphics card and 2 gigs of ram, it would sell alot less if they did do this to kotor 3 if it is coming out at that fact though it would be great for the xbox 360 sales

i hope kotor 3 looks like that lol

I highly doubt that because it would piss off too many fans, myself included.

You need to see the screenshots or the movies for The Witcher Gamespot using an updated Aurora Engine.

The Witcher 3D Gamers

Also Neverwinter Nights 2 uses the Electron engine which is a heavily modified Aurora Engine.

Both games look to be :drool:tastic

i hope kotor 3 looks like that lol

Visually: sure, why not. Mechanically: no. I don't want a massive deviation from the current combat system, and I'm sure most fans would agree.

Needless to say, that video is extremely awesome. Hopefully whatever game it's intended for comes out on the PC.

actually, if the physics effects are there just for added show than actual gameplay, then i'm all for it being apart of Kotor 3. just imagine how things would look if you used Force Wave on a group of baddies that slammed them into some metal walls. then you could have a nice visual with ragdoll effects on the baddies plus the benefit of dents on the walls. it wouldn't change the gameplay, just the way things look. ;)

Yah. Das is cool. :cool:

It would be even better if force effects like this were used in the next KotOR. I would be highly surprised and disappointed in LEC if they weren't. Although after watching this there is a part of me that thinks the effects are over-the-top, a mite bit too much if you will.

I liked that part around 20 seconds where the girl Jedi jumps in the air and does a Force Wave looking thing. K3 MUST use that engine. It may be a little over the top (lightsaber shockwave) but it was cool.

Oh, and did anyone else laugh at the stormtrooper voices?

Although it's a tach-demo, i love it.

The ragdolls own beyond control, the graphics are amazing*, and not to forget: the city that was shown looked like an immense battlefield.

*=i'm not going to nag about pre-rendered stuff. In the job-clip at Lucasarts.com, the people state they have made a deal with ILM to exchange techniques. Seen the uber graphics of Crysis**, i think it can be done.

By the way...the Tie fighter part looked a lot like the God of War and Tomb Raider 'press the rught button' mini-games. It would be very cool if they made it that way.

**= Uber pwnage 64 bit game

Dear god! That looks good...

I read a little about this on 'aint it cool' news as lucasarts were showing off at the Comic-con thing going on at the moment. From what they said it looks like its only a development demo to prove that the development company (whoever they are, it didn't say) have the smarts to make a new Star Wars game. Howver given what they have in the tech demo, I would say this isn't going be KotOR III. Possibly a new Jedi Knight game set in the After RotJ era...

Maybe this engine could be used for KotOR III though? I love to see full physics in a Star Wars game. OK for KotOR III it won't add much to gameplay (assuming they keep the heavily modifed D20 ruleset), but it would make things look so nice! And maybe they can do robes right if you have one of the Aegia physics cards!!

Link: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23941

Visually: sure, why not. Mechanically: no. I don't want a massive deviation from the current combat system, and I'm sure most fans would agree.

Needless to say, that video is extremely awesome. Hopefully whatever game it's intended for comes out on the PC.

i actually wouldn't mind if the fighting was like that, game sites have always said that kotor 3 will be real time, even though they are only rumours.

The figthing would be ok like that, would be like Jade Empire, and Mass Effect, and Jade was an awesome game, and Mass Efffect looks to be amazing.

Archived