ImpElite

Space or Ground battles?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Space or Ground battles?

• I like Space battles more than ground battles
    • I like Ground battles more than space battles
    • I like both of them evenly

• 2 months later...

The thing about space battles is that you can't do much more than attack-move to the space station and try to get your ships around those asteroids floating everywhere.

I perceive land battles to be a bit more tactical; However space battles look pretty cool and are fast-paced.... overall I like them both.

YertyL has a good point. While I absolutely love playing around with Star Wars spaceships, there are more tactical options in ground combat. I'm betting that will change with the addition of the Zann Consortium and its unique units (plus the appropriate Rebel and Imperial counters) and the larger space maps...

I agree with Wedge; space is way cool but there are more options with land combat even though you get a lower pop cap you still get numerous units with one purchase with most companies. I find ground combat on medium or hard, way more fast paced and intense than in space...in space you need to player a human player or fight multiple computer opponents for a real challenge.

Let's put it this way...I played SW:Rebellion for years after it came out for one major reason, the space battles. I played ST:Armada for one reason, the SW mod space battles. My passion for star wars has always resided in the space battles. I always wanted a large scale control over space battles and I wasn't getting my fix until EAW came along. It's not really all that I wanted, but it's a very good substitute. :)

The ground game...well...that wore thin within the first hour or so of playtime. It's still enjoyable every once in a while, but it is definitely the weaker of the two.

• 2 weeks later...

It was space by far before. However, with FOC and all the new units I've been playing ground almost exclusively during the testing of some new ground units I modded into FOC.

I can say with the new optimized engine and unit variety ground has become my favorite way to play. Space is still coolness, but ground rocks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived