Home

Are there any games you just love, but make you so angry you could punch babies?

BongoBob

There is for me. And it's name is Fight Night: Round 3.

This game makes me swear more than any other game. Period. Ninja Gaiden doesn't make me this angry. It's one of the few games that's made me just horse**** extremly loud while my parents were home. And I can't get enough of it.

I just spent 50+ minutes on one fight. Actually, it was the same fight 5 times in a row because the guy was a real douchebag. After he won by making the ref call the match for excessive damage (which must have been a glitch or something, because I was wailing on nothing but his left eye for 4 rounds, and he hit me very few times and it called it for him? horse****), I did a match of nothing but nut punches and headbutts. I finally beat the asshat by punching his left eye into a state of nonexistance. And I'm about to go fight someone else. I can't freakin stop.

Anybody else have games like this?

God, I just fought in the freakin title match, and he went down in 2 rounds, 3 knockdowns. What the hell. The dude before him was the hardest fight I've ever had, the second time I've had to win by beating his eye to hell, and then the championship fight is a pushover.

*goes back to playing fight night*

I was just thinking of making a thread like this myself.

I was up until 3.30am last night trying to beat the Axe and Sword Twins boss in Prince of Persia: Two Thrones. I actually got so annoyed i tried logging into the Ubisoft support threads to send death threats to the developers.. but luckily i couldn't get in and then i calmed down ;)

The first annoying thing about TT is that for some insane reason they've removed the ability to fast forward cutscenes.. so you have to sit through them over and over again.

Then, after the longest puzzle in the game (workshop statue) you are thrown straight into a sudden death chariot races with no chance to save.

Whoever decided to make those chariot races needs to be shot. They are instant death, something i thought game developers realised was a bad idea 10 years ago. The controls are unresponsive, and its a case of replaying it until you have it memorized. Terrible and frustrating game design.

And THEN, still with no chance to save, you are thrown into the hardest boss fight of the game. One where its far more about luck than skill, and where you have to sit through the same cut scene every time you restart. One where it becomes clear that there are some major flaws int he combat controls.. and occasinally in the middle of pressing X to attack the sword guy the prince will decide to do 3 back flips across the ring and try and hit the invunerable Axe guy. And then you die. And then you restart.

I finally beat the chariot race after about 20 retries, and then the boss after about 30-40, but it mean i stayed up far too late and it sucked half the fun out of the game. I wonder if game developers ever actually PLAY the game in its final form to spot these problems.

-

ninja Gaiden (vs Alma) was frustrating and hard... but because it was also fair and had excellent controls it never got TOO frustrating.

-

The other insanely frustrating game i played recently was Driver 3. I played the xbox version and I actually thought it was a good game, despite the terrible reviews. When it worked right the driving was excellent and felt just like something from an action movie. But there were about 4 or 5 missions that were just insanely difficult ones where a single shunt or bad corner would result in having to replay the whole mission.

I can't remember if it was the final mission, or one just before it, but there was one mission i literally replayed 200 times. I actually counted. I was actually at the stage of intendeding to snap the DVD and post it to the developers with a very rude letter.

That has to be the most frustrating gameplay experience ever. ANd even more so because the game was SO CLOSE to being really good.

--

I also seem to remember that a couple of levels in the Buffy game were insanely frustrating, with unskipable cutscenes and unpredictable sudden death. the 2nd one improved that a lot.

--

Right, now i'm off to try and beat the Vizir... though he doesn't seem anywhere near as hard as the Axe and Sword guys... :)

F-Zero GX's story mode is ridiculous. I'm only on Chapter 3. Takes so much precision to beat just one chapter..

Other than that, Competitive/tournament smash is frustrating at times, wondering why your opponent is so much better than you when it comes down to it. But competitive melee is all about mindgames, not just technical skill.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. One of my all-time favorite games, but on my first playthrough, I coudn't beat the water temple for the life of me. And I had really low health, so I went around looking for that one key I needed while that annoying beeping sound kept going off. I got so frustrated I almost broke my Nintendo. It felt great when I finally found it, though. Like a rush of cool water to calm my raging sould.

Even worse than Zelda though, is ATV: Quad Power Racing 2. My friend let me borrow it, and trying to beat career mode is friggin impossible. I'd be on the last lap, ahead of all the riders, ready to win, when someone would come up behind me and kick me off my ATV (why the hell the devs thought to put in that feature, I'll never know :fist: ), and I'd get last place. Pissed the hell out of me.

Uh, Rise to Honor. I replayed the same fight like 900 times and finally just broke the disc. Like, into a a hundred and ****in one pieces.

Guitar Hero - last note of Bark at the Moon on expert and I fail because I missed it. THE LAST ****ING NOTE. Passed it about 3 tries later. And Cowboys from Hell on expert. Need I say more?

JKA - Everyone.

Yea, maybe I just have rage issues.

Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb.

I was loving the game, right up to the level where you have to flee on the wall from the Nazi in the big machine.

I played that level hundreds of times and never got much past the first turn. I changed controller schemes, put all my settings on the lowest possible to eliminate any lag, and still nothing.

It left a pretty sour taste in my mouth for that game. I eventually had to cheat to get past that level.

There's a couple of levels in Bounty Hunter that pissed me off, too... simply because it was so far between checkpoints, and I would get almost to the end, lose my last life, and be forced to start from the beginning all over again.

Oh... and the library level from Halo. Yeeeesh!

I'll put my game later, but here is a cool thing some people ought to know about my brother. He isn't really a gamer and hardly goes on the computer as much as I do. But there is one game he loves to play. Ninja Gaiden.

When we got the 360 he deceided to play throught Ninja Gaiden entriely for his 3rd time, first was when we rented NG a long time ago, second was when we bought NG: Black on the Xbox.

He didn't die once until the tank/heli battles (like half way through). I watched him kill Alma in one try, beat every enemie, boss, and finished every puzzle without dying. (Until the heli, lol) If you don't know about Ninja Gaiden, a normal person would die 10 times in the first two levels. And no, he didn't use talismans.

He also beat the last two bosses without dying (well, Evil Murai is a pussy)

Dunno, thought it was pretty impressive :p

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. One of my all-time favorite games, but on my first playthrough, I coudn't beat the water temple for the life of me. And I had really low health, so I went around looking for that one key I needed while that annoying beeping sound kept going off. I got so frustrated I almost broke my Nintendo. It felt great when I finally found it, though. Like a rush of cool water to calm my raging sould.

The man speaks the truth.

And since when did we need an excuse to puch babies?

*Puts on baby punching glove*

NInja Gaiden.

It's not so bad once you get the hang of the bosses attacks.

Ahh I love that game especially when you don't die untill the Ghost fish, now I'm rust as hell being as how i haven't played it since a month before the ds came out

Super Mario 64 was always a pain. Especially trying to beat the game without a guide or walkthrough. I remember crying alot.

On the last course, the one with the magic carpets, I got to the last star mission. Every time I would get through the wall jumping sequence. Then I would hop back onto a magic carpet and die somehow because my fingers were sweaty or i got distracted. I swear there was a curse. It took me like 2 months to beat it.

Archived