Home

Weird speculations: because I'm bored.

Just a couple things about Psychonauts I've been wondering about...

1. Okay, Dr. Loboto couldn't take Lili's brain because her nose was stuffed up and the sneezing powder didn't affect her, right? Well, Vernon sounds congested pretty much all the time and Loboto apparently didn't have any trouble getting his brain. What's up with that?

2. And the only time in the game that Bobby does his victory dance is after he kicks Raz off that ledge in Basic Braining. How could Raz have seen him do it while he was falling? I mean, Raz MUST have seen Bobby doing it at some point, since Raz later does it himself and all...

My God, I'm obsessed with this game...and I have WAY too much time on my hands. Anyone care to comment?

"A power shift. Some big figures will be going down. Some new stars rising. For the meek, justice. For the abusers of power, wedgies and Indian burns."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm...good question. I'm not really sure. My theory, though, is that Fred always had an unstable inferiority complex just bubbling under the surface. After having been beaten by a balding, insane guy, he probably felt that he hit a new low. Basically, trying to live up to an honorable past and failing in every way, he was driven insane.

But it seemed to me that he only wanted to be insane - compared to Boyd and Gloria he seems to be very aware of his disorder. Besides, he is always calling himself a loser and perhaps deals with it by blaming it on his mental instabability and not facing the real problem.

I'm really having a lot of trouble explaining it right now for some reason. My articulation has gone down the drain after an entire evening of thoughtful pondering and heated debates.

Edit: I just read your sig, Holly Ziviene, and I thought I would die from laughter...and disgust.

All I have to say is "WIZARDMOOOOOOOON!" and "YOU DON'T KNOW META-KNIGHT?! DUDEGIRL YOU NEED TO PLAY MORE KIRBY GAMES."

Which is why I'm renting Nightmare In Dreamland.

Paranoidish,that could be it.I haven't played Psychonauts in awhile,so I don't remember some stuff,although I think you could be right about Fred.

Archived