16 members have voted

1. 1. Should we genocide the Jews?

• Yes
    • No
    • Just give Israel to Palestine and let them fend for themselves

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a pretty big question there, too. Should Israel retain what it has of Palestine? Should it give back so and so much? Should Israel just be declared a diplomatic failure and taken off the map?

I personally say don't remove Israel entirely. The Israelis are a nationality, and as such deserve a nation, just like the Englishmen, the Norwegians, the Chinese, and the Kurds (yes, I want them to get all of Kurdistan back, every inch of it). But leave most of it to Palestine, since they have, after all, lived there for 2000 years.

What's needed is a serious military presence. In Palestine, Jerusalem, South-Lebanon, and whatever other hot-spots present themselves nearby.

Which, of course, is impossible with armies fighting the "war on terror".

toms solution would work if the Israelis would go along with it. Problem is I don't think they would. There is this millenia-old attachment Israelis have for that particular patch of land.

And a UN peacekeeping force? It would only work if the Israelis are no longer in the area. Otherwise the Arab extremists are going to still find ways to go after them, peacekeeping force or no.

toms' solution would work if the Israelis would go along with it. Problem is I don't think they would. There is this millenia-old attachment Israelis have for that particular patch of land.
I don't blame them. All nationalities are like that.

It sounds like some sort of Hollywood movie premise. Abandon your nationality and give up your country and get rich - or keep your country. Maybe I should set up a poll to see what people'd choose:). I'm pretty sure I'd choose to keep it.

Gee, is this thread anything more than flamebait and a false dilemma (either murder the Jews, or withdraw support from Israel)...

Shame on you Nancy Allen``, for breaking Godwin in the very first post and starting such a cynical thread. That others chose not to take the bait is a testament to the general level of civility in the Senate Chambers.

Had it not been for that I'd close the thread purely on principle.

This was not intended as flame bait, it was a genuine poll based on what I had seen people comment on around the forums and the Internet. I don't support the extermination of the Jews, but I will support people being allowed to air their views on whether or not they should or whether Israel should be handed back to Palestine.

THe title is extremely provacative, kind of like "Death at an early age" by Jonathan Kozol (Which unfortunetly my sociology teacher kept trying to jam down my throat all semester long). The entire topic could have been covered in the Israel/Lebbanon discussion.

I must say that I agree with Kurgan on the trollish nature of the thread. Obviously the title and the poll where intended to provoke a response. Im not opposed to using a provocative topic, but theres a fine line between trolling and provoking discussion. Comments thus far have been civil, so I'm inclined to leave the thread open for now.

Clearly, the poll was, as Kurgan pointed out, a false dilemma. Obviously, we shouldn't "genocide" the Jews (using genocide as a verb is a little awkward) regardless of what our feelings are regarding the situation. The terrorist actions on both sides are deplorable and whatever action should be taken by outside authorities (UN, U.S., etc.) should be taken without bias -though this will obviously not happen. There's simply too much political influence on the side of the Israeli government in the United States than there is the Palestinian or Lebanese. Moreover, most Americans identify Palestinians as antagonists and Israelis as protagonists -in spite of the fact that there are still those alive in Palestine and Israel that recall the forced eviction of their homeland after WWII in order to establish the invented nation of Israel.

Let me mention at this time that I don't need anyone pretending to give me a history lesson about how Israel was a nation long ago, yada, yada. I've more knowledge of the history of the Levant as evidenced in the archaeological record in a boil on my tush than most think they have in their brains. Not only that, but it's also a waste of time, since I also don't think evicting the Israelis is a viable option at this time either. But it is helpful for us in the sheltered west to realize that there are feelings and points of view *in* the Levant that we can't hope to understand fully without walking in the shoes of both Palestinians and Israelis.

Having said that, clearly, both sides are stupid and callous since neither side has any qualms about murdering the children and innocents of the other side -a characteristic of evil by any standard of the word.

Our best course of action is probably to completely ignore the issue altogether. Screw 'em. Don't send another dime's worth of goods or services to either side. Don't allow any travel to or from the region. Don't allow any trade with either.

We simply shouldn't be friendly with terrorists. Period.

With regard to the two who chose the "genocide" option, its unlikely that this is the actual desire of those that chose it. More likely, they are simply fed up with the news coming from the region as well as the futility of being involved with Israeli and Palestinian terrorists or hoping that one terrorist faction will cease fire.

The poll is locked.

I'm back guys and in my opinion this thread is reprehensible.

The fact that the question is even brought up is anti-semetic at best, there should never be a debate on whether an entire race of people should be exterminated.

Shame on you.

Oh and if I might add one fact, Hezbolla targets civilians and celebrate the deaths of women and children.

You find it interesting?

I expect that people aren't bigoted and intolerant... it's the only reason why I came back to this forum....to illustrate my revulsion at this thread.

That said, I can't say that I'm surprised this topic came up in this forum.

Only as dumb as the people who post in it. Already somebody has put their money where their mouth is and support the 'Final Solution' for the Jews, and while I disagree with it I cannot blame them.

Flames/ad hominem remarks deleted. This is a public warning. -SkinWalker

also, in all the years i've been viewing this board... this is the worst thread i've seen. nancy, you are posting on a starwars game forum, and you are seeing who else shares the same views as you... deleted.

also, lebanon had been hitting israel with rockets, so israel gave them the same treatment. don't think jews need to be eradicated because they wanna stop getting hit with rockets, deleted.

also, lebanon had been hitting israel with rockets, so israel gave them the same treatment. don't think jews need to be eradicated because they wanna stop getting hit with rockets.
I advise you take that here. Not only because it's more relevant to that discussion, but also because I have a feeling SkinWalker is going to halt this thread the next time he logs on.

I can't help but notice the nonchalant tone you've been taking Mr. Eagle.

Would you take the same tone if someone advocated the extermination of Palestinians?

I doubt it and it's very telling.

I was upset when I first saw this thread, and I'm not really sure what to make of the comment about "putting your words where the mouth is and voting 'yes" or whatever it was, but this thread isn't "advocating the extermination of" the Jews. It's asking if there's anyone here who does.

I'd admittedly be far more upset if someone posted a thread titled "should the Palestinians/gays/Norwegians/Samî/Africans be wiped out", but I think it's due to habitualization more than "pro-Palestinianism". I've seen and heard so much anti-Semittism in my life that it doesn't get to me as much any more. It's more like "oh darn, not again".

Then again, if it was another forum and not this one I'd be more upset. But I knew the people here are good, and that there wouldn't be anyone posting in favour of exterminating Jews. There were two people voting "yes", but I think they were trolling more than serious. Polls are never 100% to one side, no matter what the subject - I could start a poll on whether or not the Earth is flat and someone's going to vote "yes".

Chill out man. It's a thread on an online forum.
It's still a political discussion. It doesn't make it less serious that it's written rather than spoken.

I'd admittedly be far more upset if someone posted a thread titled "should the Palestinians/gays/Norwegians/Samî/Africans be wiped out", but I think it's due to habitualization more than "pro-Palestinianism". I've seen and heard so much anti-Semittism in my life that it doesn't get to me as much any more. It's more like "oh darn, not again".

Thank you for being honest. Just because you have heard more racism towards Jews doesn't mean it magically becomes PC.

I'm sure you would sympathize with moderate southern Whites who sympathized with segregated blacks but did nothing about it because it wasn't popular.

In order to become truly tolerant one must renounce intolerance and racism in every form.

Your piece above clearly illustrates where tolerance ends and racism begins.

I advise you take that here.

read his post, not only did he voice his anti-semetic opinion, he thinks the jews deserve it because of their 'pointless' attacks on lebanon. thats why i said it.

and sorry if my posts seemed offensive, but how would you like it if someone went ahead and said "hey, because your jewish you need to die."

Archived