Should the Jews be wiped out?

Nancy Allen``

Should we genocide the Jews?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should we genocide the Jews?

• Yes
    • No
    • Just give Israel to Palestine and let them fend for themselves

you ARE anti-semetic, admit it or not it doesn't matter. you wouldn't have any reason to post this thread if you had no problems with jews. go post on a neo-nazi board voicing your opinions, no one wants to hear your thoughts on how genocide would be the 'right' thing to do.

I support the Jews, I support Israel, I do not support what they are doing at the moment, and the only reason this thread exists is because of the anti semetic feelings from others who condemned Israel full stop. You want to try and turn the forum against me knock yourself out, see if I care what flame bait you post.

and sorry if my posts seemed offensive, but how would you like it if someone went ahead and said "hey, because your jewish you need to die."

Since you put it that way I don't blame you for being upset, but refer back to my first post, when I said no they should not be wiped out, no they should not be made to hand over Israel. They should however be made to pay for their actions, just as Hezbollah and Palestine should.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off-topic posts have been deleted. Flames, insults and otherwise ad hominem remarks deleted from posts where I found them.

For those who are accusing Nancy Allen of being "racist" and who are offended by the thread, its apparent that either they didn't actually read the thread or they were incapable of comprehending the nature of the device Nancy Allen used to point out the futility of the arguments against the Israeli government and people.

Moreover, "racism" is a fallacious point to make, since both the Israeli people and the Palestinians are Semitic peoples. They have different religions, both of which deserve ridicule as all religious superstitions do. That however, is a topic for another thread, but accusing someone who is critical of a religion as being racist is fallacious to the point of complete ignorance.

Finally, despite the provoking nature of the thread topic and the poll itself (see my other post in this thread) I'm proud of the regular posters of the Senate Chambers who were able to maintain their civility. I'm appalled at the ignorance by a few late-comers that decided personal insult was the way to make a point. I am, however, understanding that such a topic can inspire one to respond with emotion rather than logic, and willing to let the matter drop, though I will probably send one or more PMs just to be clear to the parties in question.

Nancy Allen was moved by the dichotomy of opinions that seem to exist around the internet, even here at LucasForums, with regard to the subject of Israel vs. Palestine and created a thread that was designed to point out the futility of an either/or position. Was it provoking and trollish? Yes. Was there anti-semitism at work? Racism? Hatred for Jews or Arabs? No. And the only way this could be missed is by not reading the posts Nancy Allen made in the thread:

based on what I had seen people comment on around the forums and the Internet. I don't support the extermination of the Jews, but I will support people being allowed to air their views on whether or not they should or whether Israel should be handed back to Palestine.

And, in the very first post:

Given the hatred towards Israel I thought I would have this poll. Do you think we should finish what Hitler started and genocide the Jews, or they should be made to abandon Israel.

Personally I say no to both, but they still should be made to pay for their actions against Lebanon.

Clearly, there is no "racism," anti-semitism (both groups are Semitic), or hatred for one or the other by Nancy Allen.

But, because the civility could not be restrained, and the fact that there is another thread on the topic, I'm closing this one. My apologies to those that took the time to post here with honesty and civility. To those that chose the contrary, tread lightly in that other thread. If I have to edit a post for personal attacks that has a time-stamp after this one, the warnings will be a bit more "formal" and posted in the moderators' office.

Archived