Home

Help, can't have more than one savegame!!!

Maverick5770

Please help, when I have more than one saved game on TSL, it overwrites the old ones, unless you delete the new one. If I have one saved game, then i start again, the new one erases the old one, unless I get rid of the new one. This is really annoying as both me and my sister play TSL. So do you guys have any suggestions?

Sure, create your own savegame(s)... You never saw the load screen tip "Save often, and in different slots"?

It sounds like you are confusing the autosave slot for a real save slot, you can go to the save/load screen then you click on save game then save in new slot, name the save accordingly. This is for PC but Xbox is similar. ;)

The autosave feature is an emergency save, it should not be relied upon for saving your progress.

I hope this helps. :D

I wish you were right,

I know I am right... as I just tried it on my end before making that post just to be sure.

I just tried it, and the new one still overwrites my old one. Have you got any more suggestions?

You do see the New Slot option correct?

Double click on that then the box to enter the name comes up. Type your new save game name then click ok, it does not overwrite a pre existing game, unless you name it the same name as a previous game. That's it.

As I have over 60+ saves for TSL so I know it has to be something you are doing on your end.

Post exactly what you are doing, step-by-step this might help.

Ok;

Step 1: I create a new character, I begin Playing TSL

Step 2: I go and save my game, it already doesn't show my previous profile, and I haven't even saved it yet, just played.

Step 3: I go ahead and save the new game in the new slot option.

Step 4: I want to continue my other playthrough, so I go to the saves folder, move the new one out, and my old one miraculously appears. If I put the new one back in, the old one will dissapear again, until i remove it from the saves folder.

Ok. Now I see the issue here... you aren't saving over anything.

See, the savegames are seperated in TSL by your characters given name, so all the saves for your Guardian named "Biff" will be in their own seperate section from say your Guardian named "Guran", and those are seperate from your Sentinel named "Kathy"... ;)

When you are playing a game and making new saves it stays on your current character, you do not see your other game saves for other characters, like we can in KotOR I.

When you go to load a save game you should have a "switch character" option, use that to browse through your different characters save files. :D

Archived