Home

What if KOTOR3 Never happens

DarkLord152

Has any of you guys ever thought that KOTOR3 would happen.I mean not to give up hope or anything but it's been a couple of years yet nothing has been annouced.That would really just piss everone off if that actually happened.This is also not about when do you think KOTOR3.But how would you feel like if they only had KOTOR 1 and 2.Also explain why you're mad or happy or sad.I personally would hit my computer with my head thats how mad I would feel.Cause it doesn't finish the story line up.Because the Exile goes to find Reaven(Correct me if im wrong).Reaven finds the evil out in the unknown regions.Basically it would keep you hanging forever cause you never know what happens.Thats my opinion i want to know what you're opinion is.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LucasArts knows the potential of the game. Seriously , they would come up with KoTor III. It might take a few years , maybe they want to create something new , something....which is more like KoTor , new graphics engine , new stuff. We might never know

I'm fairly certain KoTOR III will be made, it might take a few years though. Look at the gap between Jedi Knight (1997) and Jedi Outcast (2002).

Agreed. We may not get it when we want it, but I feel confident that it will happen sooner or later. The Old Republic is just too valuable a franchise for LucasArts to ignore forever.

If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't hapen, it doesn't happen. I am not worried about it. I am curious about another KotOR, but my life doesn't revolve around Star Wars. Video games are for fun, but they are irrelevant when it comes to life.

I would stop worrying about KotOR 3, go outside, get on a bike (take a walk), and enjoy the remainder of the summer.

Personally, my life has been changing so rapidly, which worrying about another KotOR holds no interest. Don't get me wrong, I would be interested in it, but I wouldn't loose any sleep.

For the past few months, I have been taking the time to look around. After consentrating on KotOR, internet, and school, I didn't realize how much the world has changed.

KotOR 3 is cool to speculate about, but its not worth spending hours of your life worrying about it.

When was the last time you were with a girlfriend? Boyfriend? (Depending on your gender.) I would rather worry about whooing a girlfriend than a video game.

Edit: I think it is cool to have forums for KotOR 3, but I am thinking it is all turning to spam. I have partaken in the KotOR 3 forums on many ocassions. If I was in charge of the site, I would make a few stickys, which people can add to, and then close out the rest. Until anything is made public, this could get verry anoying.

People keep on opening threads, which say, "KotOR 3 Rumour' or 'KotOR 3 News'. What it ends up being is closed, or it leads everyone to a dead end. Everyone, including myself, keeps talking in loops.

What is even more interesting: Gamesites started to feed us information, which comes from other forums. Otherwords, they are only feeding us what we are saying. Its like an endless feedback loop, which we keep getting sucked back into.

No offesnse to anyone, but these KotOR 3 threads are becoming anoying. There is absolutely no evidence of KotOR 3 being made, and there is no evidence of it being not made. Until there is a statement made by LucasArts, I would consider the subject an endless feedback loop (or- a dead end).

What is there to do? Absolutely nothing that could compare to the game being released. People can make mods, speculate, or come up with fanon. But if it doesn't, I would take MacLeodGR's advice and get on with life. :) There's no sense wasting it worrying about whether the game will come out or not, since there's nothing anyone here can do about it.

I think we'll see another installment in the KotOR franchise. So IMHO it's not a question of if. It's a question of when. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like we'll see another KotOR anytime soon but at least we have another SW game title to look forward to in 2007, even if it's not a KotOR title.

Keep the faith people! ;)

No offesnse to anyone, but these KotOR 3 threads are becoming anoying. There is absolutely no evidence of KotOR 3 being made, and there is no evidence of it being not made. Until there is a statement made by LucasArts, I would consider the subject an endless feedback loop
I hear ya but it won't keep people from speculating. If the whole thing bothers you so much then you may as well just avoid the Unknown Regions since that is all that goes on here. :shades2:

^^^^

I was think I should for a while. :)

I don't mind the speculating, but I hate the repetivness of the speculation. I think you are right. I should just avoid this end of the forums for a while. Maybe something worth reading will show up at some point.

I feel the same way. After saying the same thing 1000 times, I wonder why I said it again and again and again.

It's annoying sure, but meh, just let the new folks talk all they want. This place would be dead without them and god knows that people don't read stickies.

The only thing to get the "serious" speculation starting would be an announcement and some screenies.

When was the last time you were with a girlfriend? Boyfriend? (Depending on your gender.) I would rather worry about whooing a girlfriend than a video game.

Well, you don't have to insult them now do you ? ;)

Argh, would you all please stop rushing K3. They will make it, but it was this whole attitude of "gimme gimme gimme NOW!!!" that got us the all the cut content from TSL. I don't want another go around of gamers who want it tommorow and then they all start complaining because they got it tommorow, half finished. Please, be patient, play the old ones over again. We do not want another half finished game like the last one

Argh, would you all please stop rushing K3. They will make it, but it was this whole attitude of "gimme gimme gimme NOW!!!" that got us the all the cut content from TSL. I don't want another go around of gamers who want it tommorow and then they all start complaining because they got it tommorow, half finished. Please, be patient, play the old ones over again. We do not want another half finished game like the last one

The gamers didn't care if it came in December or February (at least from what I can remember)...well, until it was announced for December.

@Prime, ya your right, it was LA wanting it done NOW, not the gamers, but the possiblilty is still there...
It was obsidian that was trying to do too much in the time they knew they had. They have admitted that that was their mistake.

It was obsidian that was trying to do too much in the time they knew they had. They have admitted that that was their mistake.

Not exactly. LA changed the schedule and suddenly demanded that the game be ready for xmas, when Obsidian reported they were a little ahead of schedule. Obsidian actually did remarkably well in a short time, only to be given even less time. I can't fault them for the unfinished state of KotOR2, when LA cut the already short development time even shorter :(

Not exactly. LA changed the schedule and suddenly demanded that the game be ready for xmas, when Obsidian reported they were a little ahead of schedule. Obsidian actually did remarkably well in a short time, only to be given even less time. I can't fault them for the unfinished state of KotOR2, when LA cut the already short development time even shorter :(
Cite?

IIRC in the post-mortem article they stated that they dates were not changed, but that they overestimated what they could accomplish in the alotted time...

Archived