Home

Do you want to design your own lightsabers?

RC-1162

Design your own sabers?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Design your own sabers?

• Yes! I want to customise my hilt and blade.
    • No, I'll stick to the standard.

^^

you can still make in-game-unmakable sabers :)

@Prime and D333: well, i asked this question assuming that the devs had made the game 100% and still had a little time and money left. so, under this assupmtion i asked whether they should use it to add customisation of lightsabers. :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the game had half a dozen different styles of saber *

*Short handled single saber

*Long handled single saber

*Extra Long single handled saber

*Curved single handled saber etc etc

And the differences were cosmetic (different skins depending on the saber crystal etc) then sure fine. But making more then that? Nah I'd rather have more stuff like D3 said.

I'm with those who have stated they would like some more lightsaber hilt variety but consider this a nice-to-have instead of something that the designers should focus on. I'd like to see two or three designs each for short saber, lightsaber, and double-bladed lightsabers. But as long as the next KotOR allows mods and we have our uber-riffic modders around then I feel confident we won't have any shortage of lightsaber hilt designs, even if the game does. :D

Well, lots of people have pondered the possibility of customizable lightsaber hilts for hooded jedi robes for KotOR3. My own position has not changed. While these sound like nice extras, they are still very low priority to me, and given the sad and unfinished state of KotOR2, a completed story with fully developed characterization of the protagonists has far greater priority. Sorry, but KotOR2 being unfinished has taught me to prioritize what's important over what is just a nice extra.

It would be kind of cool,mainly size and shape customizations, but let's be realistic for a moment. If you had the ability to make all the special little designs on your saber, you would need a 512 mb graphics card to see it, remember JK, you can hardly tell one design from the other. There's a lot of us that still have 32 and 64 mb graphics cards, this would suck for us. I voted yes because I liked the option in JK, but it will suck up system resources like a 1979 Ford F150 guzzles gas.

I would like to customise hilts length, size, shape, color, blades thickness and length!

Those that have seen the Cheesey Starship Creator know it was a good idea that went horribly unfulfilled, but how about STAR WARS: The Strength of the Saber, a software package dealing solely with the unlimitted customization of the light saber with the full color pallette of WinXP available for core, near blade, and far blade (a fade from one color to another along the length of the blade), some type of blade texture choices; a severely volatile blade might have an energy spewing jaggedness while a highly trained and disciplined jedi Master's blade might be smooth as silk. All these choices could be linked to blade properties and tendancies in combat against various like and unlike weapons, affects against force feilds etc. Now the hilts could be generated from a selection of skeletal shapes overlaid with the owners choice of premade skins, or have the ability to import a skin of your own in various formats for the hilt (I'm not technically inclined, I'd just whip up a premade combo)

THEN

Once that was completed, you could use your one of a kind saber in any of the Star Wars games that were made to accept the customized saber. I think that would really be a cool selling feature both for the Saber Creator and the games made to use the custom saber......Idunno.........you tell me

yeah, actually, the gamer wont be able to cusomise it fully, as in modelling, but just choose between several sections of the hilt, ie: the bottom part, the main body, the ignition switch and the emmiter nozzle. there should be a couple of pre-programmed sections and that way you can customise.

I think there would be more options for this question:

1. Player could choose between saber hilts like in JK2 (Sentinel, Destroyer, Champion, Guardian etc.)

2. There would be different hilts for the different classes. The Jedi Guardian would have a different hilt than the Jedi Sentinel and so on... They would be all unique, i think.

3. Player can make his/her own hilt, because as the Jedi says: "The hilt of the saber represents its creator..."

but how about STAR WARS: The Strength of the Saber, a software package dealing solely with the unlimitted customization of the light saber with the full color pallette of WinXP available for core, near blade, and far blade...

I already have a program like that, it's just more commonly refered to as gmax ;)

I already have a program like that, it's just more commonly refered to as gmax ;)

Uh, Gmax huh, hmm, is it easy for the unsavvy? How difficult is it to put new hilts and blades into the game? Am I going to have to have an engineering degree to figure out how to use it? How much does it cost? Where can I get it?

^^^^

1. easy?, no

2. IMO it's not easy, it just takes practice and patience and an understanding of the program's basics. It's not as easy as, make cylinder, make switch, color, and poof it's done.

3. No, I don't have an engineering degree, though I was in the top 10% of my highschool class, then again my highschool class was 80 people. It jsut take practice with tutorials and such.

4. Free.

5. Here

Just take note, you'll need other programs to get any saber you model into KotOR.

No, never, it is a terrible idea, how dare you ever believe that anyone could possibly change the hilt of their light-saber. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME ON YOU, BAD, BAD MAN.

...........jk.............

Lmao. Yes, of course we should get some variety on out hilt in KOTOR 3. I think its a good idea, good post man.

Yes I want to choose hilts like in Jedi Academy. But I don't want the actual balde to be customizeable. Longer, thicker, shorter? No. The blade has to stay the same.

Btw..

Anyone with 3d studio max or Maya can do a decent hilt. Thing is, the hilt should have as less polygons as possible and still look nice. A 10.000 Polygon hilt won't make it into the game...

Archived