Home

yuuzhan vong

TruYuri

Wow. That shocked me. Now I understand. Good thing i read a few books with Jaicen, Jenna, and Anakin awhile back, or a few things in that wouldnt have made sense. (This really freaks me out>>>) Awhile back before the summer started i was sittin next to a friend of mine. For the last few days he was reading the book where Chewbacca dies. He refered to the Yuuzhan Vong as "this wierd ass species" and he couldnt pronounce it right, so i couldnt understand what he meant. Since I read that, im like "Whoa."

Wel, if you got cut away from the force, you will hate technology, set up some organic cult, have crabs and worms. Oh you will be happy living in the inerds of giant bio critters. And, did I mention you would be butt ugly?

Thats why you should always go with Machine Cults.

I like that they use tongues for loading ramps.

I didn't. To me it was like "hurry! let's run away from the infidels by getting eaten!"

edit: btw I still haven't finished the series, but I scour wookieepedia from time to time for info on books I missed.

Thats why you should always go with Machine Cults.

Hmmm, some alien c tan posing as a god and/or dead people in a bottle...

Oops...

I mean, mind as well yell "Down with the meatbags" and go "IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT"

PS: Having trouble makig my Orbiis from Termie models, Think the metal ones are not Machine enough... Need 6-9 of them ^.^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
But yuuzan vong were defeated right and the burning question did Zonama Sekot

joined Galactic Alliance

The answer would be "not exactly"

From My Understanding:

They got played later and started a futile war against the Galactic again, but crushed under the eventual might of the empire.

They might have directly and/or indirectly help create a (Solo?) Sithlord with crabs.

The Vong are a breath of fresh air in a galaxy thats stale full of crappy incompetant warlords and lame superweapons they made it possible for the post ROTJ starwars EU to feel new and interesting ie the legacy of the force series.

I agree. It'll be interesting to see what part they will play in the legacy series.

I am still amazed that an hour's worth of reading on Wookieepedia could be stretched into 22 or so books....

I am amazed you can actually say something so puerile !

How about this:

A slave boy called Anakin >

Becomes a padawan >

Becomes a jedi >

Becomes a Sith Lord >

Finds out about his Son >

Is confronted by his son twice, defeated the second time (Find out about Daughter) >

His son's faith in him gives him the strength to destroy his master >

He dies and joins the force >

Everyone lives happily ever after

Now why would you ever need to watch the SW movies...you know it all know... :p

The NJO was full of some superb moments, books ending on 'cliffhangers' you'd wait months to continue. There was exploration of new technologies and Jedi Abilities. It also sets up the KEY character for the post NJO EU content. It was a 5 year war of truly galactic proportions, and you think you have experienced it all from one hours of fiddling around on Wookipedia ??

but NJO haters are far from well informed, so no biggie :D

carry on !!

mtfbwya

Now why would you ever need to watch the SW movies...you know it all know... :p

Yeah, but you'd miss out on all the acting and details you left out. Not to mention how they don't commit various acts of sacrilege against thenselves every page. :p

It was a 5 year war of truly galactic proportions, and you think you have experienced it all from one hours of fiddling around on Wookipedia ??

Well, it can all be summarized as:

A bunch of organic-obsessed masochists invade

A character dies :(

Planets get destroyed (ie Vongformed, arguably even worse)

People hate the Jedi

More planets get destroyed

Coruscant falls

Another character dies

Even more planets get destroyed

A planet destroys a bunch of the Vong

They fly away on it

The Vong commit various acts of blasphemy through the series (Vongforming Coruscant, killing a character, etc.)

Quite arguably, I wouldn't even want to experience anything beyond Wookieepedia. :p

but NJO haters are far from well informed, so no biggie :D

I'll have you know I am very well-informed when it comes to real Star Wars. :p

carry on !!

Without the Vong! (Bad rhyme intended) :xp:

The Yuuzhan Vong are an awesome idea, but Star Wars was the worst possible place to put them. If you compare them to classic moments in the original trilogy, such as Vader giving his famous line in ESB, does a race of people who graft animals into starships seem that true to Star Wars? :)

Actually Vong is a nice idea even for StarWars. Thing being, yhey might be more "pleasent" if they were playing a more minor role, like the enemy of a miniseries of novels. Unfortunately they took on the role as the archenemy of a huge series, and many of their actions are quite alternative, and some are frankly downright unappealing, even if the said action is not a deliberate act of terror by Vong standard. Add this to some unappealing physical aspact of the species, and anti-tech culture, and its a mixture of extremely weird existance that is unattractive to most.

I mean, if Vongs all look like half-nikked twi'lek girls rather than the malformed bio-zombieoid that they are I am sure more people will accept them.

All in all, Vongs are too big of a change in too large of a scale. Sometimes I actually think that they should have just made them Vongs non-humanoid and people actually would be happier seeing our heros fighting space monsters.

...If you compare them to classic moments in the original trilogy, such as Vader giving his famous line in ESB, does a race of people who graft animals into starships seem that true to Star Wars? :)

apart from the films, there is NO other "True" Star Wars.

*pages Kurgan for 'canon' lecture*

Hence, ANY EU can be argued as irrelevant, which is a point quite a few people make, and quite validly.

But saying YV>Killiks>Galaxy Gun>Thrawn>etc is more or less "real" Star Wars is very hard to argue with any seriousness.

You really shouldn't compare books to films. They get their information across in a different way. GL relies on visuals more than anything, the books have words and words alone. The films never try to be 'character pieces' In the course of the 6 films you find out alot about anakin, but still not enough perhaps...

reading about a similar journey an EU character is making, I am far more convinced about his motivations and how he got there. With the NJO, that wouldnt exist.

mtfbwya

apart from the films, there is NO other "True" Star Wars.

Then what seems like it is, whatever you want to call it. The Vong seem less Star Warsy than the Thrawn trilogy, for instance.

reading about a similar journey an EU character is making, I am far more convinced about his motivations and how he got there. With the NJO, that wouldnt exist.

Jacen? The writers of Legacy could've made him fall to the dark side easily enough without Vergere.

If you are refering to what I think you are refering to (LOTF series), I kind of disagree. Apart from a few passing mentions to events and characters in the NJO, all of the motivations/philosphies/etc. he has are referenced back to his post-NJO 5 year Star Trek mission and the film eras. His explained thought processes almost always deal with movie events and dealings with other force traditions found in his unwritten travels. You don't need to know anything about the NJO at all to undertand fully the events of the series, at least thus far.

Others have commented elsewhere, and I would tend to agree, that Del Rey seems to have more or less "done away with" most of the effects of the NJO, for whatever reason. There is only passing mention of the Vong conflict and it seems to have changed next to nothing in the galaxy in general. Similarly with the characters and all the long discussions about the Force and other philosphies. Del Rey seems to be backtracking on the nature of the Force (as I understand it, others who have finished the series can comment further) that was explained by the end of the NJO. They seem to have "undone" much of what the NJO brought forth and gone back to the original concepts. Was it because of fan reaction or something else?

What I do find somewhat funny reading various SW EU forums is that the praise for the LOTF series seems very strong and much less controversial. Yet, LOTF goes back to the same old film concepts (light/dark side, Jedi vs. Sith, etc.) that people claimed they were so tired of. :)

Interestingly, Astro, that the Legacy comic series has many more references to the NJO and the Vong than the novels do (tease tease). :)

Archived