Home

Tierra de los Muertos

MJ

Parts 4 and 5 are now online!

I'm going to staple this thread so that people can, if they feel inclined, discuss Tierra de los Muertos.

I'm actually ankle deep writing the sequel to this at the moment - both the book and the radio series. They're both completely different stories though - the radio series is titled 'Busqueda de Big Kahuna' (Search for the Big Kahuna), and the book is called 'Poseidon - The Great Comeback Tour'.

Well... That's an interesting turn up. Hope it won't take long to hear the rest! :) (Shadriss, do your thing! ;) )

I can't really say anything about the episodes. They're on the same level as the previous ones. That wise guy in the library seems like a nice character, hope he'll have more appearances!

I could only object to reusing your own jokes (the ones I heard in lost cause) and those from red dwarf... I assume they are from red dwarf (unless they are reusing yours or someone else's! :) ) Not a big thing though, maybe it even has some twisted sense!

I've read that Number 2 wasn't meant to be in Tierra. It made me wonder what it would be like without him. In sort of a prequel story, maybe with standalone episodes like a tv sitcom. I'm going wild here, but characters are so great and enjoyable, it could work I think.

I have one question before I go; where is the intro music from? It sounds really cool and fits the show!

I can't remember where the intro music is from. It's been too long. A production CD from the radio station, I think.

Yes, I reuse my jokes sometimes. I do that if I think the line's funny enough and will fit. And also, because Number Two is in everything, he occassionally carries his lines between projects.

As for stealing from Red Dwarf? Well... it's 'paying homage' when television or movies do things like that, but what, I'm not allowed to do it? Most of the time I don't even realising I'm doing it, anyway. In the past I've been pointed out to lift lines from things like Family Guy, Red Dwarf, South Park, even The Muppets. My answer to that? Meh, probably, yeah. Deal with it. :)

Number Two was never meant to be in Tierra de los Muertos, no. Not originally. And it would have been an entirely different story without a terribly lost mortal in it.

The wise guy in the library? The Great Sage? He was voiced by a much respected professor at my college, a man by the name of Godfrey Tanner. Unfortunately he won't be appearing in any future Nightlight Productions, as he passed away a couple of years ago.

Ok, thanks for confusing me! Hehe, I was already panicked.

I don't say you can't use those jokes, it's just that makes the show cheesy or surreal (I'm not sure I'm using the right words...). That's just how I feel and I shared it with you. ;) Thanks for listening. :)

Well... That's an interesting turn up. Hope it won't take long to hear the rest! :) (Shadriss, do your thing! ;) )

I can't really say anything about the episodes. They're on the same level as the previous ones. That wise guy in the library seems like a nice character, hope he'll have more appearances!

I could only object to reusing your own jokes (the ones I heard in lost cause) and those from red dwarf... I assume they are from red dwarf (unless they are reusing yours or someone else's! :) ) Not a big thing though, maybe it even has some twisted sense!

Interesting to note, Terra predates Lost Cause. It was the first (the first right?) Nightlight release with Lost Cause as a follow up. What we're getting now, is the slightly tweaked Terra de los Muertos Special Edition. So any jokes that seem to repeat from Lost Cause, is actualy reversed.

As too referances in Nightlight plays... I've noted jokes lifted/homaged from South Park, Toy Story, Family Guy, Aqua Teen, uh....some others I can't think of off the top of my head. MJ seems to be doing it less though, which is nice, as original jokes are always far more funny,

(Shadriss, do your thing! ;)

Consider it done. :)

Thanks for the quick follow up, MJ - spoofs like these are priceless, and not having up your original work is just plain sinful. And I *know* you aren't a bad boy are you?

Now, if we could JUST get those last five parts...

Consider yourself nudged. :king1:

He does? Ohhh, yes. It just occurred to me who that was.

And yes, he does.

And yes, Adventurer is right. Tierra de los Muertos was the first thing I ever did full scale radio series wise (there's about 35 5 minute Howard things on CDs here from when I did it on a weekly basis for radio back in 1999, but that's a seperate story). Tierra de los Muertos came first, then Lost Cause.

And trust me, while the story of Tierra de los Muertos has become something that I've grown to love while writing the book... I can't listen to the radio series without cringing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there. It's me again. Just thought I'd say hi and taunt those listenning to Tierra for the first time. I'm getting all giddy and nostalgic thinking about it. I might have to have me a big ol' Nightlight fest one of these days. I'm happy to see that there's still action on the forums though. I remember those massive dead patches a while back. Good work keeping your child alive 8. I mean MJ. I mean Urchin. WHY CAN'T YOU STAY THE SAME PERSON!? Anyhoo, Tierra is a freakin awesome series. I still remember checking Nightlight everyday for new installments. And hearing that first episode! The good old days. I want to cry.

And up date your staff list for christ's sake. I'm nineteen. And that picture makes me look like a pudgy little imp child. Replace it with one of David Hasselhoff. No one will be able to prove it's not me.

Hey there. It's me again. Just thought I'd say hi and taunt those listenning to Tierra for the first time. I'm getting all giddy and nostalgic thinking about it. I might have to have me a big ol' Nightlight fest one of these days. I'm happy to see that there's still action on the forums though. I remember those massive dead patches a while back. Good work keeping your child alive 8. I mean MJ. I mean Urchin. WHY CAN'T YOU STAY THE SAME PERSON!? Anyhoo, Tierra is a freakin awesome series. I still remember checking Nightlight everyday for new installments. And hearing that first episode! The good old days. I want to cry.

And up date your staff list for christ's sake. I'm nineteen. And that picture makes me look like a pudgy little imp child. Replace it with one of David Hasselhoff. No one will be able to prove it's not me.

Send me a new photo of yourself and I'll update it. :)

I had a nightlight fest recently, of sorts. Mine's a tad different from everyone else because I've got all this unreleased material that'll probably never see the light of the day (appropriate for 'nightlight' material, eh?)

I'm always the same person!

I'm going to do some more work on Prime Minister's New Groove tonight. Sorry it's taking so long guys. I'm out 12 hours a day with work, and I'm usually not home on the weekends. I'll get it online before the end of the month, then it's on to Lost Cause 3!

Mine's a tad different from everyone else because I've got all this unreleased material that'll probably never see the light of the day

I would pay good money for those Howard shorts you talked about in another thread. Heck, any pre-Terra work of any sort I'm always curious about that kind of early stuff from my favorite creators.

And by good money I mean exicted glee.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived