102 members have voted

1. 1. What class is your favorite?

• Light Side Guardian
    • Light Side Sentinal
    • Light Side Consular
    • Dark Side Guardian
    • Dark Side Sentinal
    • Dark Side Consular

This has probably been done before, but most likely not it this way. I am wondering, what do all of you think the best Class is in TSL? The choices are LS guardian, LS consular, LS sentinal, DS guardian, DS consular, and DS sentinal.

Also, Please tell us which is your favorite prestige class, and why.

My personal favorite is the Jedi Guardian, followed by the Jedi Weaponmaster. This is because I like to get a lot of force powers like master speed and force sheild, then use them to make the Jedi guardians physical abilities even better. It's a kick butt combination.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LS Guardian to LS Weaponmaster is my personal favorite because I love playing as more of a lightsaberist than a force user. But in TSL, I do occasionally play Guardian to Jedi Master when I want my force points to build.

For some reason, in K1, I always felt that Revan was more convincing TO ME as a Soldier/Guardian and that combo carried over to TSL. I almost always pick a Guardian when I play. It's my favorite class. :thumbsup:

(Oh, and I love force jumping! :lol: )

I prefer LS sentinel/jedi master. Since you don't have a lightsaber for about half the game, it seems a waste to me to play a guardian, whose main attraction is the force jump (which cannot be used without a lightsaber).

Also, skills are far more important in K2 than in K1, and for the sentinel, I get lots of skill points and can turn all skills into class skills by spending just two feats on them. Since you're unlikely to ever reach the maximum level in K2, you don't need the force powers of the consular so much in K2.

I prefer the jedi master to the weapon master and watchman, because he really has some nice feats (watching HK-47 with LS mastery is fun), and he gains extra force powers too, without actually being too weak - I was still able to kill both Nihilus and Kreia quite fine with a sentinel/jedi master, and his force powers were far more difficult to resist.

Well, It's currently a tie between LS guaridan and DS consular.

I do like using moves like force storm, but I would rather put on master speed, then force armor, then master valor, then charge in and kill twenty people taking hardly any damage.

I dont know, but I tend to notice that I die less often and kill quicker in the game when I am a guardian/ weaponmaster.

Just out of curiosity why does anyone think a LS Guardian is better than a DS Guardian? DS Guardians get a total of 2-16 extra damage from the mastery bonus. LS Guardians will get a total of +6 strength (this is assuming you go weapons master or marauder for your prestige class). So the DS one gets on average +9 damage per hit. The LS one gets +3 damage as well as +3 to attack. Personally id take the +9 damage. Once you are a marauder you get Fury, which when at the third level of it, is WAY better than speed as it raises your strength, heals you, and lasts longer. Yes it lowers your defense while speed raises it but you can use it with armor so thats a moot point. Furthermore, for Dark Siders you get that +1 strength and defense when you wear Ludo Kreesh's Armband which you cant wear as a light sider. It takes up a slot for energy shields which you wont use anyways.

Ive been both a LS and DS guardian and my DS one was WAY better.

The reason I like LS guardian better is because you can use LS force powers that enhance physical skills, and there arent really any Dark side powers that work like that.

Meh yeah. But like what are you using? Valor and Armor? Personally I dont use either of them because they last such a short time and I am too lazy to keep recasting them. I generally give Kreia those powers and put her on Jedi Support and she casts them on me instead w/o me doing anything.

I've tried many different paths and I like the idea of becomming a master, but I generally choose guardian because of the faster feat progression. I'll grab enough skills to get me into locked areas and such, but I value feats more.

...especially if I'm working with dual sabers and have shed the armor for robes.

My favorite in TSL is by far the Consular/Sith Lord combination. If you unlock all the bonuses from HK-47 and Hanharr, your lightsaber won't be completely useless in combat, and my last Sith Lord had 799 force points, so spamming force crush, force storm, and death field is no trouble at all. :xp:

My personal favourite is the Dark Side Consular followed by the Sith Lord Prestiege Class mainly because of this scheme:

Light Side:

Guardian/Weaponmaster-Ability: Blaster Deflection. eg-Great blaster deflection Feats, but can not do the damage like the Marauder can.

Sentinel/Watchman-Ability: Skills. eg-A LOT of Skill Points, good persuade, it is the true lone Jedi, but can lack on the damage again.

Consular/Master-Ability: Defensive Force powers to your party members. eg-Master Valor, Master Battle Meditation, etc, but where's the slaughtering Force powers?

Dark Side:

Guardian/Marauder-Ability: Kill Fast. eg-Master Speed plus Master fury and Master Flurry, nuff' said. But ain't so good at deflecting blaster fire.

Sentinel/Assassin-Ability: Sneak Attack. eg-Get in Stealth and do great damage with the sneak ability. Good but you can't high damage nor in melee nor with the Force.

Consular/Lord-Ability: Kill without being touched. eg-Kill then Force Storm, or Force Crush. The only problem is the melee and the low hitpoints, BUT you can hit big (Force Crush) and don't get hited (Force Kill), but is only good if you have High Wisdom.

So that's why I prefer the Dark Jedi Consular/Sith Lord, and my Jedi Exile even have A LOT of Wisdom to boot. ;)

And i did not forget to say: Sorry for the bad English and for cleaning some of the dust of this thread.:D

BTW I saw in some posts people saying IMHO or IMO or something like that, what does that mean?:)

Well I don't think that the Sentinel is very good mainly because, firstly, on the first part of the game (The 3 Masters Quest) you have really useful party members that can do the work for you, secondly because after that, you almost only have battle and that is "a bit" more easy with both Consular and Guardian. And in the third place, you have a lot more chances to hit when using Force powers because of the High Wisdom of the Consular. And my scheme is a really bad one because it's only based on MY experience that i get from my playtroughs, and it may conflict with other players ideas.:D

Sorry for the bad English and look at my siggy.;)

the most effective and efficient character i've ever played has been DS Consular to Sith Assassin. very few enemies can resist the consular's horror, force wave, and other various powers. once you have them stunned, simply cut or gun them down with master speed, master flurry/ rapid shot, and two weapons of choice. that sneak attack damage adds up fast when you're making five attacks per round. :dev7:

Archived