Home

The new age of Darth Nihilus, Alive Again

ViperSkeele

It is obvious that the PC and Party members must get more powerful between the start of the game and the end, that's what almost every RPG is about. And that can be somewhat explained by experience points. But it needs no explanation, its an essential RPG element.

In K1, they did the same trick with the "You are actually Revan" trick, to tell you why you grow so powerful in only a little amount of time. I like the explanation of why you gain more powerful, because otherwise...if you grow very powerful only because of XPs, why are you so important? Why not someone else? Incorparting your rise into the story make it better...

Besides, it's better than having an untrained person, not skilled in the Force, defeat the whole Sith in 4 weeks. That would be unbelivable.

Jediphile: I guess we have to agree to disagree. I would dislike to call Nihlius an aspect of The Exile, but that is just a personal preference...Your story idea can explain it, but I don't know if I can accept it. Besides, I would like to rely on K2, and not think of anything that could be revealed in K3, since I know that K3 is going to have a new event that is going to upset all speculation on these characters that we made before.

But, if I find out in K3 that The Exile is now Darth Nihlius, reborn...I wouldn't be suprised, thanks to you, Jediphile.

And at least, now The Exile has finally gotten an mask.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, I wanted so much more on the story of Darth Nihilus, what an awesome character to waste on an expendable Dark Lord, who wasn't nearly as tough....yet.... as he was cool. Is he part man, part machine, all machine? Is his face there under the mask or is he an abomination. Do you want more Darth Nihilus like I do? Imagine the possibilities of assisting him or being him in a future KOTOR game. It's perfect, he could be any of a plethora of human or alien life forms under that mask, somehow saved and spit back out by the force, powerless, empty and helpless, but alive again, with all his memories and experiences to draw on as Dark Lord, Sith Student, or maybe horribly misshapen child, teased and abused by the other young members of his race, his anger and bitterness having driven him into the darkness, his rage driving him to rise to dark lord where he waged vengeful war on the innocent, wrought havoc on the peaceful. but now broken, powerless, lost and only half alive, starting over. Where does he go now? What indelible marks have his past life, and his near death left on him. Why was he rejected by death? Did he have a flicker of light? did he leave his destiny unfulfilled?

Think on it, if you like the idea, say so, I'd really like to see it take hold, I can't imagine a more interesting character for future KOTOR storylines. Did he meet Revan? was it he who twisted the minds of Revan and Malak? Is he somehow connected to Revan and could that be why death never closed its jaws around him?

Yeah that would be awesome. Like re retruns to unknowspace to find Revan in K3 and ends up becomeing Revans jedi aprentice on the path to redemption. I, myself would like that.

Please try and use proper English. It's difficult to understand you.

That is irrelevant. My point was that he had no personality in the first place, and then to suddenly give him one would be inconsistent.

Really if you read back, Whether or not he had personality is beside the point. No one ever said he HAD to have personality, in fact I like the idea that he's an empty soul absent of expression of any kind. The topic was would you like to see him in the next game, right? So what are your thoughts on that?

BTW, why so insulting about the english thing, who are you? Were you being funny and it just looks wrong, or did you intend to be insulting? Is that one of the rules of the forum, using proper english? I understood that just fine.

Archived