Home

What was your first job?

Arreat

I'm applying at McDonald's (which will be my first job) and this topic came to mind. On a side note, do I need a resume to work for McDonald's? Because I've no work experience, and no extra curricular activites, not to mention barely any community service hours.

My first job was working in the Heinz frozen & Chilled food factory (the Pie factory as everyone calls it). It sucked. Pushing Pies for 8 hours a day is not fun. I havn't eaten a cheesecake since.

BTW. I Shouldn't think they will expect a CV from you, I think you just fill in an aplication form.

I used to fill shelves at a Spar store. Two times a year because of a school project where you have to spend a day somewhere, working. I was one of the few that actually worked while others lazed off and bummed the necessary money you needed to give to the teacher who would deliver it to a hospital to help them get incubators... Meh, a nice cause but bugs the hell out of me that I didn't get anything out of it

I used to fill shelves at a Spar store. Two times a year because of a school project where you have to spend a day somewhere, working. I was one of the few that actually worked while others lazed off and bummed the necessary money you needed to give to the teacher who would deliver it to a hospital to help them get incubators... Meh, a nice cause but bugs the hell out of me that I didn't get anything out of it

Yeah I was one of those lazy ppl :D Wen't to "work" at my fathers at Sonera (which is a internet provider among other things) and just surfed the web for 5h.

But I guess my first "real" job was at Hesburger, which is the finnish equivalent of McDonald's. Worst 2 weeks of my life.

Waiter in a Happy Eater roadside restaurant for the summer when i was 18. Hated it.

The food was crummy and overpriced, the customers were already tired and irritated when they arrived. Not a good combination.

Plus the uniform made macdonalds ones look like the height of fashion... and you ended every shift smelling of greasy food, and feeling all greasy and slimy. *shudder*

Now roofing sounds fun... I always wanted to be one of those '40s skyscraper builders...

Yeah I was one of those lazy ppl :D Wen't to "work" at my fathers at Sonera (which is a internet provider among other things) and just surfed the web for 5h.

But I guess my first "real" job was at Hesburger, which is the finnish equivalent of McDonald's. Worst 2 weeks of my life.

Ooh... Those pimple-faced Hesburger-employees rock. They stumble around on the backround, not knowing what they do and then they try something and fail and so on. It's quite amusing and scary at the same time. The hamburgers are still tasty every single time :)

I have had so many jobs forced upon me by my parents that I should be paid for them. But they say that having food (hardly any) in the fridge and me being able to live there is better than being paid. I guess their right, but I still want money.

I have had so many jobs forced upon me by my parents that I should be paid for them. But they say that having food (hardly any) in the fridge and me being able to live there is better than being paid. I guess their right, but I still want money.
Computer? :xp:

Let's see, my first real job was at a Regal Cinemas movie theater. I was an Usher, and my job consisted of sweeping floors and tearing tickets. When we weren't doing either, we were watching movies, or screwing around.

$5.25 an hour

At the end of the summer, I gave that job up to intern at my current job which is to maintain an internal website. I mostly spend half the time actually doing work, and the rest of the time surfing the net/reading news. I pretty much get up in the morning and work til noonish, and still make the same if not more than I did working full-time at the theater.

$12.50 an hour

I have had so many jobs forced upon me by my parents that I should be paid for them. But they say that having food (hardly any) in the fridge and me being able to live there is better than being paid. I guess they're right, but I still want money.

It's called a roof over your head. ;)

[D]o I need a resume to work for McDonald's? Because I've no work experience, and no extra curricular activites, not to mention barely any community service hours.

Nope. McDonald's is pretty much entry level. You'll realize that once you get there. The only reason you'd need a resume is if you're applying to be upper management, and I severely doubt that you're doing that.

My first job was a cashier at Sears. I made $7 an hour, and basically did nothing. It was a great job.

My 2nd job was at PacSun. A clothes store for those of you that don't know. I got paid $6.25 an hour, and damn, that job sucked. My manager sucked, and I dunno, I barely got enough hours. It was lame.

My 3rd, and current job, is at Old Chicago, a restaurant if you never heard of it before. I'm a dishwasher there, (Yeah, laugh if you want), but I made $8 an hour. Sure, it can be gross...sure, it can be tough work...sure, I don't smell too great once I get off of work, but the money I make is great, for my age. (Which is 17.)

Archived