Home

What was your first job?

Arreat

I'm applying at McDonald's (which will be my first job) and this topic came to mind. On a side note, do I need a resume to work for McDonald's? Because I've no work experience, and no extra curricular activites, not to mention barely any community service hours.

Dude, what more could McDonalds need?

I bet you got a bunch of old crabby ladies in there complaining about fake plants and crap like that.

Not a big fan of Hobby Lobby but you can find some pretty kick-@$$ stuff there.

I mostly had to deal with tards wanting to look at every single mirror we had hanging on the walls....12 feet up. And they all weighed like 40lbs. And I'm not a fan either, but you can find lots of awesome stuff.

My first job was at Taco Bell. I started at $6.00 per hour, and only got $0.05 raises twice per year. "Yo quiero better raises."

Advice to Arreat: Some fast-food managers are only willing to hire people who show a little initiative. Give them a call a few days after applying.

my first job i had to pay taxes on (my first job i helped my dad pressure wash and prep houses for painting) was at Pizza Hut. it was a reaallllllly ****ty first job, but at the time with me not having a driver's license, it was either that or mcdonalds, i cancelled my mcdonalds job for pizza hut (happens when ya put out a bunch of applications). walmart is better, and that's where i work right now. i had like 4 jobs in between though. the best one was temping for $8 an hour at a listerine boxing assembly line. good times there though i nearly got carpal tunnels.

Well, except for the whole chemicals-that-burn-your-skin-off thing, sounds like fun. :p

yea but i love working at colleges...lots of eye candy! i just got another raise and im at 13.20 an hour...and if anyone thinks about becoming a roofer...join a union it is better than being a non-union. there are so many benefits from a union

Archived