Home

KOTOR 2

Gavmundo

I've been a poor misguided fool! I played KOTOR on the Xbox some time ago but didn't progess off the first planet. I was quite enjoying the game but as I got towards the end of the mission on the first planet as you are nearing the Ebon Hawk I found my party low on health and we kept getting killed so in the end I couldn't be bothered and abandoned the game. I later gave it to a friend of mine.

I then saw Kotor II on sale for £12 and bought it (this was several months ago). I played the initial prologue mission (where you play the droid) and got bored very quickly so, again, I abandoned the game. I then got myself a 360 and realised you could still play the game on that so a few weeks ago I decided to give it another go. Realised you could skip the prologue mission and got straight into the game! OMG 31 hrs later and I haven't played any 360 games since! I'm totally addicted and loving it! I'm now regretting not having stuck with the first one which I'll have to buy again but its going to be wierd now as I'm going to know the outcome/history of the first game while playing through the second! :lol: I'm on Onderon at the moment. Have just talked to the Jedi contact there and am being chased by the planets security forces.

One question I do have is..... is the Xbox game any different to the PC version? I know there are obviously mods to the pc version that you can't use on the Xbox but is it any shorter than the PC version? I know there was content download for the first game but have heard there isn't any for Kotor2 is that right?

One last question. Is it viable to try and stay balanced between dark and light? I've seen a lot of posts regarding becoming a light or dark master but what about staying balanced? Is there any point? I know it means you can use both light and dark powers for an average cost but are there huge benefits by being light or dark masters other than having lower costs for using light powers if you're a light master or dark if you're a dark master?

is the Xbox game any different to the PC version?

Not really, no. The PC version has Yavin Station, but the Xbox version can download that through Live, so it's not that big a dea.

I know there was content download for the first game but have heard there isn't any for Kotor2 is that right?

No, I don't think there's any downloadable content for TSL. I'm not sure if the TSLRP will ever be downloadable - I doubt it. You'll probably need a modchip for that when it's done.

Is it viable to try and stay balanced between dark and light? I've seen a lot of posts regarding becoming a light or dark master but what about staying balanced? Is there any point? I know it means you can use both light and dark powers for an average cost but are there huge benefits by being light or dark masters other than having lower costs for using light powers if you're a light master or dark if you're a dark master?

If you want to be a Gray Jedi, more power to you. You don't get any bonuses as far as stats are concerned, but as you said, you can use both light and dark Force powers easily. You can also get more influence with more of your party members - you won't have to worry about getting DS points from Kreia, because you balance it out by talking to Handmaiden/Disciple.

You can also get more influence with more of your party members - you won't have to worry about getting DS points from Kreia, because you balance it out by talking to Handmaiden/Disciple.

Thanks for that! One more thing.... this handmaiden/disciple thing. I think the handmaiden is one you pick up from the jedi academy you find on Telos (think it was there .. the one in the frozen wastes) and she stows away on your ship. This character is only acquired if you are playing a male! Is that right? I'm playing a female so didn't get her! I take it that means the Disciple might be another character a female character can recruit!?

I'm confused now! I was doing the missons on Iziz and was expecting to be recruited by one side or the other (hopefully the Queen's) but I ended up being chased by the security forces and Mandalore suggested we head back to the moon. Got back there and were attacked by about 6 sith assassins then there was nowhere to go. couldn't get back to Iziz, no one had any further info for me and I had to go back to the Ebon Hawk. Vista or whatever she's called was on board and i had to fight her and now she's one of my followers but my only option was to fly to another planet. Is this the normal way the quest goes on Iziz? Do I have to go somewhere else and go back later?

Yep, that's the way your first visit to Onderon usually pans out, don't worry you'll be back ther later to finish what you started......

The online guides should help you decide where you want to go next....

Sadam

Yep, that's the way your first visit to Onderon usually pans out, don't worry you'll be back ther later to finish what you started......

The online guides should help you decide where you want to go next....

Sadam

Phewwww I hoped it was that but wasn't sure! I decided to go to Dantooine next. You're not really pushed in any direction so i'm not sure there's a right or wrong decision when deciding on planets :)

33 Hrs on it now and not even half way! I love content like that! So refreshing :)

Sounds like you're having as much fun as I did on my first play through!

I didn't use Achilles' Influence Guide until my 3rd play through, it's definitley worth looking up to get the maximum out of your TSL experience.

Good luck with the rest of the game....

Sadam

Archived