Home

What's the use of the green drinks?

Coraan Talme

Just a small question - I'm sorry if it has already been stated elsewhere ... but this is one of the great mysteries that still puzzles me. You know, I'm talking of the green "bacta tanks" that are sometimes dropped by fallen soldiers ... Well I know that blue bacta tanks are actually real bacta tanks (a bacta a day keeps the doctor away), that yellow tastes like lemon and is a refreshing energy drink and I always get angry after drinking Red Bacta - so it probably contains alcohol. But a green bacta drink? My manual claims that it regenerates armour - but what exactly does this mean? I never noticed that there was a seperate armour factor in addition to health points. Are you even meant to drink the green stuff? Is it healthy? Has it many vitamins? Is it there to polish your trusty old stormtrooper armour so that it shines again in a splendid white? Does it bring you luck like a four leaved clover?

Is it perhaps a useless relict from a more civilized age (an older alpha version where there actually was an armour value)? Or does it actually give you some protection? Is it perhaps authentic soylent green? Or maybe just a regular bacta drink that has gone sour?

So many questions ... but no answer that I could ever find. So please ... if you know - enlighten me! :)

Yellows replenishes energy - but thanks for your answers! :) Now that I think of it - it actually makes sense. So the green drink is some sort of a mirror image of the red drink . So they are both "commander abilities" put in a bottle. The red similar to the imperial commander's rage and the green from the rebel smuggler's defend. Thanks! Finally I know why I should collect the green stuff. :)

Yeah, you can. if you want to see if it worked, go into third person view, then make sure you get it, after you can tell, because if you pick up a green tank, then there's this greenish-blue bubble aroung your character, and if you pick up a red one, then it's this weblike red thing surrounding you, (sorry if you already know this).

Archived