impossible screenshots

MetalMark

I have found a lot of impossible screenshots for KOTOR I to name a few:

you're a Jedi on Taris

there are sith on Dantooine

saber battles on Taris

places I have never been

sith I haven't seen before on korriban

some other people looking different(Gendar, Rukil, Uthar)

Rakgouls invading the outcast village

and some more

Now is there so much different between the pc and xbox version or are these screenshots just impossible.

http://www.imperial-revenge.org/v6_sw/ue/kotor/index.php

You should check out Kotor 2 previews, you'll laugh yourself to death...

I remember my local games mag showed a screen of Kreia and PC fighting with a Cyan and Bronze double bladed lightsaber, whilst wearing Star Forge robes, on Paragaas fighting some droids.

Even the game box itself joins...it shows a PC with a double bladed lightsaber, fighting on the Telos Plateau, right after the crash.

In short terms:

Scripts change, ideas change, and people forget stuff. :xp:

You should check out Kotor 2 previews, you'll laugh yourself to death...

If you check the Screenshots section on Starwarsknights.com there are some of those early pre-release screenshots as well, showing how some characters have had their models changed quite a bit during development. (The Handmaiden in the second screenshot from the end on the last page for example.) There are also some creatures/droids there you won't find in the game normally.

Even the game box itself joins...it shows a PC with a double bladed lightsaber, fighting on the Telos Plateau, right after the crash.

In short terms:

Scripts change, ideas change, and people forget stuff. :xp:

I think this is a marketing thing. Either Bioware or the publishers want to show off something that looks interesting with little regard to if it can actually be experienced in the game.

They have done this earlier as well. For example on the back of the Baldurs Gate II:Throne of Bhaal CD box all three screenshots depict situations that you cannot encounter while playing the game that very doubtfully come from changes to the story during development (Beholders in the Oasis and Demogorgon in front of Balthazar's monastery). :)

I think this is a marketing thing. Either Bioware or the publishers want to show off something that looks interesting with little regard to if it can actually be experienced in the game.

More likely something from the alpha-testing phase, as there are screenshots of Sleheyron there.

^^^

Seen 'em too...

I think they did that for story development. It certainly looked cool, but it would make the story a bit...unbelievable. After all, you do take a shuttle through it. By logics, it should be destroyed then. Same goes for the Citadel Station above it.

The planet as it is, barren + parts of life, suits the story better, i think.

Funny Telos Pic:

58.jpg

Lightsaber @ Harbinger, Sith Assassins without any weapons?

37.jpg

*chuckles*

Yeah, there's several wierd screenshots in both games; like they said, they were just messing around or the game was in development. I remember a few:

PC fighting rakghouls on Taris with a blue lightsaber.

PC wearing Star Forge robes on Peragus.

PC wearing the red KOTOR robes, wielding dual lightsabers, and fighting with a blue lightsaber-wielding Handmaiden - on Peragus.

PC on Telos (I think) and wearing the old soldier clothes from KOTOR.

etc. etc...

The Day and night transitions along with weather effects are possible still, they're leftover from Neverwinter Nights. I've though of adding those effects, but It might screw up alot of the modules (Charecters disappear when it becomes night out, what are you going to do?)

Anyway, I always noticed the one picture on the back of the cd case, the one that shows a massive group of people in one big fight, it looksl like they'res multiple party members they're, its hard to pick them out though...

LOL, don't go on about Day and Night transitions, i once stared at the skyline of Taris for so long i fell asleep and woke up the next morning thinking i had just missed the nighttime part because it looked like dawn as i had moved the mouse in my slumber and faced a different way.

• 2 weeks later...

At least two K1 screenshots are from a cut Czerka base, the models lightmaps, walkmesh and layout for which are in game. Some of the lightmaps don't work right, 'though, and it appears to have been cut from Sleheyron.

Also, you can get a lightsabre on Peragus/ wander around Taris with a lightsabre simply with the right code and cheats enabled ;)

Also, in the TSL trailer, I'm pretty sure you can see a character wearing the blue K1 robe in some shots in the jungle on Dxun...

Also, you can get a lightsabre on Peragus/ wander around Taris with a lightsabre simply with the right code and cheats enabled

To bad these are the official screenshots of the game. So you're implying the crew of Obsidian are a bunch of lame cheaters! :xp:

Archived