Home

Bush neglects 9/11 heroes

Dagobahn Eagle

The Forgotten Heroes at Google Video. Not too bad a video, despite it using some pretty extensive appeal to emtion.

The fire-fighters, police officers, volunteers, and clean-up workers were given medals and praise for their efforts on 9/11. But today, when they suffer from respiratory problems from the air they inhaled, no one is helping them. After 9/11, when the residents and workers of Manhattan wanted to know if it was safe to return, they were given a green light by the government, which claimed the air was clean and that the dust covering their appartments and ventilation duct could be handled safely. Today we know that the dust contained large amounts of asbestos, which can only be removed by officially recognized clean-up teams. Many residents and workers now also suffer from serious illnesses due to their contact with the dust and contaminated air.

Why is the government letting them down? Bush rants about how dissent against Operation Iraqi Freedom F***-up is insulting to the troops, and then seeks to cut their pay. He praises the heroes of 9/11, and then lets them die.

What is wrong with Dubya and his government?

Fire the bastards and get the US back on its feet by getting some intelligent leaders in.

Why is the government letting them down?

Government lets everyone down (except corrupt politicians, greedy lobbyists, and rich corporations of course). It's really that simple.

What's NOT wrong with the Dubya Administration? That's a better question.

The Forgotten Heroes at Google Video. Not too bad a video, despite it using some pretty extensive appeal to emtion.

The fire-fighters, police officers, volunteers, and clean-up workers were given medals and praise for their efforts on 9/11. But today, when they suffer from respiratory problems from the air they inhaled, no one is helping them. After 9/11, when the residents and workers of Manhattan wanted to know if it was safe to return, they were given a green light by the government, which claimed the air was clean and that the dust covering their appartments and ventilation duct could be handled safely. Today we know that the dust contained large amounts of asbestos, which can only be removed by officially recognized clean-up teams. Many residents and workers now also suffer from serious illnesses due to their contact with the dust and contaminated air.

Why is the government letting them down? Bush rants about how dissent against Operation Iraqi Freedom F***-up is insulting to the troops, and then seeks to cut their pay. He praises the heroes of 9/11, and then lets them die.

Fire the bastards and get the US back on its feet by getting some intelligent leaders in.

I am having trouble deciding whether you really care about the lives of the 9/11 heroes or just defacing Bush by using them as a vehicle. Don't take it personally, the way you worded your opinion leads me to believe that you just wan't to pinpoint Bush.

Also, if we pour a bunch of money into helping the 9/11 heroes (which I believe needs to occur) wacko-leftists to moderate democrats will whine about how are resources aren't going toward completing our mission. Which suprisingly has become important to the democrats all the sudden.

Bush may not be the most intelligent man to lead our country, but what he says is genuine. I would rather have a man whose speech is not so great (but not as bad as the media portrays) but speaks from his heart lead my country than an phony who speaks very articuletly without purpose or passion. That is, however, if the two people involved are not extreme radicals. This scenario applies more in a Bush vs. Kerry situation, where the two candidates both had what I beleive to be non-radicalistic points of view.

I am having trouble deciding whether you really care about the lives of the 9/11 heroes or just defacing Bush by using them as a vehicle. Don't take it personally, the way you worded your opinion leads me to believe that you just wan't to pinpoint Bush.

Also, if we pour a bunch of money into helping the 9/11 heroes (which I believe needs to occur) wacko-leftists to moderate democrats will whine about how are resources aren't going toward completing our mission. Which suprisingly has become important to the democrats all the sudden.

Bush may not be the most intelligent man to lead our country, but what he says is genuine. I would rather have a man whose speech is not so great (but not as bad as the media portrays) but speaks from his heart lead my country than an phony who speaks very articuletly without purpose or passion. That is, however, if the two people involved are not extreme radicals. This scenario applies more in a Bush vs. Kerry situation, where the two candidates both had what I beleive to be non-radicalistic points of view.

Too bad Bush doesn't speak from his heart. More like his wallet.

I am having trouble deciding whether you really care about the lives of the 9/11 heroes or just defacing Bush by using them as a vehicle.
Both. I care about them, and I despise Bush and want him out of office for it.

Compared to the war on Iraq, it's a drop in the ocean.

of the Iraq War. The number is based on Congressional appropriations. 301,697,795,034 dollars and counting, yay!

Bush may not be the most intelligent man to lead our country, but what he says is genuine.
The Downing Street Memo has you (do a Google-search if you want an objective site).

I don't believe he's genuine, and i don't for a minute believe its better to have a "sincere but misguided" leader than an intelligent but ambiguous one. Most of the WORST leaders of all time have been very pasionate and spoken from the heart, been unwavering in their belief, and been completely wrong.

Then again, i don't believe EVERYTHING that goes wrong is his fault either. Sad fact is that once people go out of the healines they tend to rapidly stop being a priority for all politicians. War veterans, for example, have always gotten very raw deals imho.

Surely those politicians (from any side) who were whining about how New York doesn't get quite as much defence funding as it used to should eb the ones who should be getting the blame for NOT whining about this. Its the local politicians who's job it is to stick up for these guys.

Archived