Home

Instant Messaging Poll

Pho3nix

What instant messaging tool do you use?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What instant messaging tool do you use?

• MSN/Live Messenger
    • IRC (Internet Relay Chat)
    • AIM
    • Yahoo! Messenger
    • Other

hehehe.. I guess I'm the 'lone' Yahoo Messenger user.. nobody wants to talk to me :(:xp:

Not that I actually use it anymore, but it still sits on the HD..

I tend to stay "hidden" on it most of the time anyways but meh.. never was a huge fan of using IMs unless it was for a project and the group needed to stay in contact...

Used AIM before that, but quickly ditched it...

What don't you think is stupid Chase ? :p

They're trying to regroup all of theur online services under one name, I think it a good marketing idea.

I don't. They've renamed a popular tool among young people in MSN Messenger and it only serves to cause confusion and tarnish their brand's name really. It might not be a major issue, I agree, but it's quite inefficient. The fact is that there was nothing wrong with 'MSN - Microsoft Network'; that name actually made just as much sense than 'Windows Live', especially considering Microsoft face all sorts of claims regarding monopolising the industry by embedding products into their OS (Media player, Internet Explorer, Messenger etc.) - giving their products similar names won't give good impressions. :)

Miranda.. though it just sits in the corner and alerts me to Gmail messages mainly.. as i don't actually ever use it to chat. I think i've got MSN, Yahoo, IRC and ICQ accounts in there somewhere.

Actually the only chat client I use much at all is the Google chat one built into gmail. Most of my mates have gmail accounts.. and therefore it comes in very handy when one of us is about to send a message to the other one and can just chat instead.

I've got skype on my PC too, but never run it anymore.

Archived