Home

Champions of the Past

((Heck, we need a good fantasy RP again))

There is no legend here to tie this into a plot. There are no old wise men yapping about ancient kingdoms or treasures or powers unimaginable by normal humans. However, all those things once were. A group of young warriors once lived, destroying mutch of the evil mankind faced ontop of it's lands. They freed all beings from being crushed by the powerful fist of darkness It was said that some of these warriors were eternal, having been since the beginning of time and such, but those were only stories, rumours spread by deeds. The warriors gained fame and fortunes, becoming very influential in the lands, becoming High Lords and Ladies, later even Kings and Queens. But always the hunger for battle was inside them, graving for more evil to destroy. Now they are old, grey-haired and weak, dreaming of the times of their youth. But unknown under all this, a darkness has slowly risen again, even if it is not that severe than before. Piracy, bandits, assasinations, dragons and such have risen to the lips of people everywhere, even if most of these do not concern the big cities and towns. The old group of warriors has assembled again together to consult each others on the matter and have ended up with sending out scouts to the world to seek people who might match the upcoming evil. Some of these have already been found inside the courts of the warriors, some being even their own children.

This RP will be all about the gathering of this group and the first battles against the bandits.

Profiles will be as follows. If you want to add something, please do:

Name:

Race:

Class:

Alignment:

Weapons: (No modern weaponry)

Other posessions:

Companions: (Animals or NPCs)

Description: (Height, weight, eye colour and such. I would like this written if possible)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Eirod Firidin

Race: Human

Class: Monk

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Weapons: Tonfas, Butterfly Swords, Walking Stick extendable to a Quarterstaff, Bow and Arrows

Other posessions: Herbs, Amulet with his monastery's coat of arms, Coins

Companions: Halfling thief(Asud) and a pony

Description: He is a short man, only about 5'4", his hair is cut short, into a short, brown stubble. Eirod's eyes shine blue and his skin is nicely tanned with a few scratches here and there he has collected over time. He wears orange, yellow and red robes, has a black tunic underneath and a coolie hat either behind his back or on his head. Every weapon he uses is mounted on the pony for now due to the lack of holding places on his clothes

Name: Raikin Yisav

Class: Dragon Slayer

Alignment: Neutral

Weapons: Dragon jaw sword, twin daggars, longbow and arrows

Other posessions: Amulet his deceased wife gave him, dragon tooth, armor, coins

Companions: Black stallion (Aidith)

Description: 6' 2", 190 lbs, blue eyes, hair cropped short so his helmet fits snugly on his head. He has a muscular figure due to the fact he carries a heavy weapon. Has tan, but not from sun. Too close to dragon flame.

((I chime in with an obligatory female character :p ))

Name: Lady Alaina Mariana

Class: Nobility

Alignment: neutral

Weapons: Though she does not frequently carry them, she owns and is very skilled with twin narrow daggers, each 21 inches in length. She has designed and created a harness that holds the daggers, and several other knives crafted for throwing. While wearing the harness, she also wears a heavy black cloak that keeps all her weapons well hidden.

Other posessions: The ring she wears on her left index finger has been passed down through the generations of her family. The silver band twists slightly as it wraps around the finger. At the top, there is a small triangle of gems. The tip of the triangle is a deep blue gem; the two gems that form the base are diamonds. As a member of the Mariana family, Lady Alaina must wear this ring at all times. When she is trying to avoid attention, she wears dark gloves, thus concealing the ring, which would reveal her for who she is on sight.

Description: Lady Alaina Mariana is very short, standing at exactly five feet tall. She has dark brown hair that falls to mid-back and her eyes are equally dark. Typically, she wears the standard dresses and jewelry expected of a Lady, but she occasionally slips away from the King's court for a week or two at a time. During these 'getaways', she wears black trousers, black boots, and a dark gray shirt. Over this, she straps her weapons harness and completes the outfit with a thick black cloak and black elbow-length gloves. In this outfit, she looks significantly different, different enough to be practically unrecognizable.

((Royal, no need to respond to all OOC statements))

Outside the forest of Gaihin, two men of diffeent but cimiliar races walked with a pony between them. The human had covered his head with a cooler hat and his hands were inside the sleeves of his robes. The halfling wore dark clothing with a simple but dark cloak originally made in elven fashion or in mimicry of elven fashion. The halfling's hair was brown and messy, like he had just woken up from a sleep of turning and twisting. Their footsteps were silent, but the pony made noise for the both of them, neighing every now and then and the clacking of it's hooves. The human Monk would often tell the halfling of his very poor choise of a pony, but even with the loudness of it, it was a good and hard-working pony that could carry many things on it's back.

This time the men seemed not to be in luck's good side, as a bandit group lurked in the forest's shadows, ready to pillage the travellers. Unknown to the bandits, they had already been notices and the Monk had hidden tonfas inside his loose sleeves, gripping the handles tightly. However, they knew the bandits were of many men, possibly too many, so they sped up their travel towards the bright lights of a town just below the hill.

A wierd bird sang in the woods, another replied and then the onslaught began. The bandits rode from the shadows and surrounded the travellers, pointing at them with spears and swords of many kinds, looted probably from merchants travelling nearby.

"Hah! this is an easy one! Give us your gold" the lead bandit said and supporting shouts came from the others.

"No. This is ours and you will not get them" the halfling said and stood proud.

"Well, the we'll jst have to take the gold" the lead bandit said and the monk gave a mocking laught.

"Are you mocking us, the great Red Bandits? How dare you?" the bandit asked and then unmounted, giving the sign to the others to unmount.

"I dare because I know you are as pathetic as you sound" the monk answered and recieved a cold, deadly glare from the bandits. The leading bandit gave the signal for the others to attack, which they did. The monk drew out his tonfas, the halfling drew out two long daggers. Both men were ready to fight.

A fight ensued, where the two made themselves very well known to the bandits. The Monk wielded strange, laughable weapons but still managed to fell several bandits from hard hits to the face, stomach, knees and groin. However, the bandits were of many men and the two would need help eventually as the Monk's felledones started to regain themselves and came back to the fight as soon as they could.

In the city of Cair Sanslanis on the coast of the Mergon Sea...

"The Lord Casion Mariana and his daughter, Lady Alaina," the doorman announced. Lord Mariana was dressed in his standard formal clothing and his daughter wore a floor-length midnight blue dress.

"Father," Alaina said quietly as they began their slow march down the stairs to the main hall where the party was being held.

"No, Alaina," Casion answered immediately. He knew what his daughter wanted. "My dear, you cannot run away in the middle of the party."

"As if you could stop me," Alaina muttered. Casion chuckled.

"You forget who taught you to fight," he said quietly. "And who taught you to escape from undesirable situations. Remember, my dear, I was once very like you... long before my hair turned gray."

"Of course, father," Alaina answered. "I have heard your stories many a time. Were it not for you and your old friends, we would not know peace."

"Some of us have gathered together once more, Alaina," Casion said quietly. "We fear that our work is coming undone."

"They are the reason we are at this party," Alaina whispered, suddenly understanding. Casion led her to an elderly gentleman. Her father introduced him as the king of a nearby country.

"A pleasure to meet you, my dear," the old king said pleasantly. Then, he introduced her to an old woman. She was leaning on a cane, but her face brightened at the sight of Alaina.

"My goodness, child!" she exclaimed. "If you don't look just like your mother at your age."

The introductions continued. By mid-party, she had met six people, the old king, the old woman, a baron, a duke, an elder, and a slightly younger woman who didn't seem to have a high position in any government. The younger woman seemed to be the leader of the little group.

"So this is Casion's daughter," she said. "Casion, you tell us she has gone away on her own on several occasions, is this correct?"

"Indeed," Casion replied. Alaina blushed as her father went on. "She has come up with a rather efficient disguise. The first time she came home in it, I barely recognized her."

"Wonderful," the woman said. To Alaina she said, "I am the Rogue. That is the only name you shall ever know me by, do you understand? Good." She held out her hand to be shook and a piece of paper was exchanged.

"I'll see you later, Lady Alaina Mariana," the Rogue said pleasantly. Then, she was gone and the others separated. As Casion and Alaina returned to their home, Alaina pressed him with questions, questions he did not answer.

"Just read the note, Alaina," he finally said. When they entered their home, she did so. It was very abrupt and to the point:

"Wear your disguise. Come to see us."

On a separate sheet of paper, Alaina found a map. She folded it and tucked it away in a pocket.

"Goodnight, father," she called as she heard Casion preparing for bed.

"Goodnight, my daughter," he replied. Satisfied he would not be going anywhere, Alaina pulled out her dark clothing and laid it out on the bed. Then, almost reverently, she removed her dress. Just as carefully, she dressed herself in the trousers, shirt, boots, harness, and cloak. Finally, she pulled the gloves on.

"To follow a map," she murmured. She would not go out the front door or her bedroom window. For some reason, she was sure the Rogue would be angry with her if she did. She took the servants' door and slipped out into the night.

((This is what my character's armor looks like. The one on teh left. http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h86/chiefie88/Rathalos_Blademaster_Armor_Art.jpg

Raikin edged along the side of the cliff, careful to not look down. His matte red armor doing well not to reflect light. A sound eminated from the other side of the ledge and stopped him cold. It was a heavy breathing sound. Raikin inched over to the side and peeked around. A large dark red dragon was having it's morning nap. Or so it seemed.

Raikin silently jumped from the tiny ledge on the side of the mountain and into the mouth of the cave. Carefully but quietly, he hooked his sword from his back and approached the dragon's neck, holding his sword high. As he was about to swing it, the dragon's eyes popped open and it raised it's neck, letting out a bellowing roar.

Raikin lunged in for the dragon's chest but it batted him away.

"Okay, you wanna play this way, eh? Fine with me!" Raikin yelled to the dragon.

He ran full speed at the dragon, trying to land a blow, but the monster just parried the hit and struck accross with his own strike. Raiken ducked and lunged again, barely missing the dragon's leg. The dragon pulled back it's neck and took a large draw of air.

"Oh, h*ll." Raikin said, fear in his voice.

He lifted up his shield and crouched down behind it. The dragon threw his head foreward and let out a stream of fire, seemingly engulfing Raikin.

The dragon ceased his onslaught, surveying the damage. There was a black heap where Raikin Yisav was just standing. The dragon nodded his approval and turned around to go deeper into the network of caves.

As the dragon turned around, the black heap rose up, showing Raikin unharmed, but burned a little. He yelled a battle cry and lunged at the dragon. The dragon turned around and used a forehand to smack Raikin out of the cave, to the ground 40 feet below.

((Sword picture isn't working, Royal. Oh yeah, before anyone asks, my character is not like Royals. His is a Dragon Slayer, I'm a Dragon Knight. We use dragons, not kill them :p))

Name: Sir Eric Aermius

Class: Nobility - Dragoon (Dragon Knight)

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Weapons: Valermos - Sword of Fire (Not actually enchanted with fire. Just a name), Dragon Scale Shield, Bow and Dragon Scale-tip Arrows.

Other posessions: Light Red scale armor, underneath which he wears a black sleeveless shirt, a red-gem amulet, containing dragon's blood within the jewel, and a ring signifying his Knighthood with the Aermius Crest on it - A pair of dragons and a fiery red gem. Wears a brown cloak around himself to conceal his armor and possessions, due to the dying breed that is Dragon Knights, he does not wish to attract unwanted attention.

Companions: Short-winged Dragon named Adire (Rides it like a horse. does not fly.)

Description: Weighing roughly 175 pounds at six feet tall. He has bold, emerald green eyes, short messy black hair, and an athletic build. Handsome facial features, with a single scar running from the middle of his cheek downward to the edge of his jaw, but many other scars on his chest and arms, hidden by his armor.

Eric's origin is rather unknown. He was found, adopted, and squired by a legendary Dragon Knight, whom later ironically died while attempting to tame a dragon. Dragon Knights, although respected by nobility, has been a dying breed due to the more scarce appearances of dragons as of late, and has lost respect by the civilian community who finds them as troublemakers in their dealings with taming dragons. He often wears a brown cloak to conceal his armor and his standing as a Dragon Knight, and as of his travels of late, has been drifting farther away from his Knight roots, due to uncertainty of where his future truly lies.

((If any of this is unacceptable just let me know Tepe, I'll remake the character completely if I have to :p))

Edited: Appearance is very similar to Dart of Legend of Dragoon but with black hair.

--------------------------------------------

Eric was not too far away when the sounds of conflict emerged from the forests of Gaihin. He had heard rumor of bandits in the area, although he had travelled the road many times with his faithful dragon, Adire, and never encountered them. It's likely because I travel with a dragon, he thought to himself with a bit of humor in mind.

With that, he redirected Adire to the sound of conflict and Adire rode towards it, now in an eager sprint to see some action.

It didn't take long to arrive at the scene, Adire wasted no time in tackling two bandits circling around to join the Monk and Halfling. Eric dismounted swiftly and drew his blade and shield, blocking the blow of another bandit with his shield, then decking him with the hilt of his blade. He looked at the bandits, recognizing the insignia on their clothing as the Red Bandit clan. "You two ran into a lovely lot in these woods," he said to the Monk and Halfling while blocking another strike.

"They ran into someone who's much more they can handle, unfortunately" the halfling called out and recieved a glare from the monk who did a spin kick on one of the bandits, the large man slumping down onto the ground, coughting up blood. A few of the bandits looked and tried to escape but their leader took hold of them, throwing the bandits back into the fight only for the two to get knocked out by the wooden tonfas. The monk jumped ontop of the pony, gaining an upper level than the bandits and jumping towards the leader with a cry. He slipped the tonfas onto his robes' belt and placed his hands into a cup with the opening pointing at the leader. He was silent and then cried out again, a small energy ball emitting from his hands and blasting towards the leader, cutting it's way throught the bandit leader's stomach and then absorbing into the ground with a slight burnmark on the grass.

The bandits saw this and fled swiftly, only a few staying to fight but they were swiftly defeated. The Monk took the tonfas and placed them inside a package carried by the pony in a way that resembled like a holy tradition to him. he then turned to the stranger and bowed.

"It was a pleasure fighting with you, Dragon Knight. I am Eirod, a monk from the Monastery of Arlahmai on the side of the eastern mountains" the monk said before raising himself up and correcting the cooler hat back on his head correctly. The halfling walked over to the pony, calmed it down and made sure everything was there before walking to the two and grinning.

"And if you were wondering, that what you just saw was a ki blast" the thief said and smiled, clacking the heels of his boots together and taking a bow. The monk nudged the halfling with his elbow.

"Not everyone need to know everything, you fool" Eirod said to his companion and then turned back to the Dragoon.

"And what may your name be, great Knight?"

"I am Sir Eric Aermius, Dragon Knight of the City Ignitus in the southern regions and carrier of the Amulet of the Fire Dragon," he said proudly, indicating his amulet. "I was told by my master it carries several...abilities. Those of which I do not know, but I was told they would be revealed to me at the righ time. As for your Ki, I recognized the ability but did not know the formal name. Now I know what the monks call it," added the Dragon Knight.

The dragon nudged Eric, as if trying to get his attention. Eric chuckled and added, "This is my faithful companion, Adire...and no, he can't breathe fire...yet. It's a work in progress."

Adire looked at Eric with a seemingly distasteful expression, as if taking his lack of firebreathing personally.

The monk gave a bow at the dragon as well and smiled at the two.

"Well, indeed it is nice to meet someone as rare as you, Dragoon. However, time is of the essence and I must find a safe place for meditation in the next town before nightfall to restore my Qi to it's maximum. We would be glad to travel with you, Sir Eric Aermius" Eirod said and turned away, taking the reins of the pony before leaving off. The halfling shook his head and sighed.

"Excuse my master. He is a walker of his own, strange path and he will rarely ask the same question twice and such. He's a bit abrupt(sp?), but you'll get used to him in time. Now, excuse us" the halfling said, bowed at them and ran off after the monk

((I have a plan for the amulet (its nothing godmodded or anything like that), so if anything just direct him to an NPC I can control or a library or something.))

Sir Eric shrugged, and followed along, catching the monk's swift pace, the dragon tailing behind. "Not unless you know others or a place where you're going who can tell me more in detail about this Fire Dragon amulet. I know it odd for me to carry it and not know it's potential, but I must know if it really has any, or if it was just an old tall tale told over a campfire," he said, looking at the monk curiously.

Though her family had access to several carriages, carts, and other forms of transportation requiring a horse, Alaina was far more comfortable walking. Besides, when wearing her 'escape clothing', as she called it, it would not do to be seen in a carriage belonging to Lord Casion Mariana. Furthermore, Alaina was sure the Rogue would be annoyed at the sight of the carriage.

She walked for nearly ten minutes. Then, the city ended and a thick forest began. Alaina had memorized the map before she left; her destination was nearly ten miles into the forest. Cautiously, Alaina picked up her speed. Less than a minute later, she dodged a punch and slowed. The next few miles were a constant battle and Alaina suspected it was a test, especially after the first attacker ran from her.

Her suspicions proved correct. Suddenly, she found herself completely alone again. Through the trees, she saw a small fire and made her way toward it. The Rogue was seated at the opposite side of the fire.

"Welcome, Lady Alaina Mariana," the Rogue said quietly. "You suspected you were being tested. It showed in your fighting."

"That was..." Alaina began, but the Rogue interrupted.

"I was your only attacker," the Rogue informed her. "You did well. Most people do not have the level of skill with short blades." She stood and drew her sword, showing the length. The Rogue's sword was a full-length, two-hand sword. "Especially not against one with a significantly longer reach."

"My father had me train against all lengths and strengths of weapons and combatants," Alaina explained. "And had I not known it was a test, I would have been far more aggressive."

"Good to know," the Rogue said, a smile playing across her lips. "Ten years ago, I'd have been a match for your skill. But I am nearing fifty. It is time for another to take my place."

"I'm not sure I understand," Alaina said quietly.

"I was once in charge of a small group of the fighters that brought peace to the world as we know it," the Rogue told her. "As we grew older, we knew the evil we fought away would make a comeback. It was inevitable. Evil is not something we can entirely destroy. But if we keep a hard enough hand on it, we can at least supress it."

"What are you?" Alaina demanded, a chill running down her spine.

"Alaina," the Rogue answered gently. "I'm your mother. And now, I will be your trainer."

Alaina took several steps back from the fire, her face going instantly pale. "But, I..."

"You see the resemblance, Alaina," her mother said. "You know I'm telling the truth."

"Father said you died," Alaina gasped. The Rogue nodded.

"Until a year ago, that is exactly what he thought," she explained. "Then, I returned to him. He entered his room and there I was. 'Hello, Casion,' I told him."

"And he screamed," Alaina whispered. The Rogue smiled slightly.

"It was more of a startled yelp," she said, "but yes. As soon as I reassured him I was real and living, we had a very long talk. And those of us you met this night regathered for a long discussion. The darkness we fought so long ago... Alaina, it is returning. We all feel it and we know there is not much we can do. We are old, Alaina. Our sword hands are not as strong as they once were."

"So you're recruiting," Alaina suggested. The Rogue nodded.

"In a sense," she agreed. "The world needs protection."

"And you're hunting the talent," Alaina mused. "Why me? Because I'm your daughter? For that reason, do you feel I'll do just as well as you did?"

"You'll do better," the Rogue answered earnestly. "And you'll do better because you are better. Because you are you."

"I..." Alaina stammered. "I really think I should be getting home now..."

"Alaina," the Rogue pleaded. "We need you."

Panicking, Alaina turned and ran. Though the Rogue called after her, she did not stop until she was out of the forest. Then, she walked through the city, and marched back through the servants' door of her father's house. Once in her room, she removed her escape clothes and crawled into bed.

Throughout the night, the Rogue's face and voice tormented her dreams.

Name: Elian Alesiul

Race: Wood Elven

Class: Scout

Alignment: Lawful Good

Weapons: A sword paired with a golden and silvery shield with a pearl-made horse in the middle. There is also a shortbow on the side of his saddle with arrows on the other.

Other posessions: Healing herbs, poison, gold and silver coins, grabbling hook and rope, signet ring

Companions: A dark brown and black stallion named Aerid

Description: standing at 6'7" at least, the elven man is more flexible than he looks. With black hair, light skin and pure green eyes he is the wonder of many. He is most often clad in green, brown and black with a light elven-made hooded cape on his back. Under his cape is concealed his shield and on his left side hangs a normal scabbard holding the sword he carries around with him. His belt is thick and heavy with a golden belt buckle decorating the front.

------

The scout rode out of the shadows, eyes on the shadow running away silently. The elven man shook his head under the hood and looked down at the ranger.

"It's time... I'll make sure she doesn't harm herself with the knowledge of you being alive. Watch out for the bandits, old friend" the elf said before kicking the horse's sides and slowly riding off after the princess.

When he got to the wall of the castle, he grinned quietly, and unmounted. He threw the grappling hook over the wall silently. The iron hit the stone with a tink and the shadow swiftly climbed up the black elven rope. The scout made sure the guards were in the towers and in the small house bult for them right next to the wall. The elven man rose onto the wall, took the rope with him and jumped down on the other side, landing softly on the ground due to his elven stealth. Elian crouched in the shadows, peering throught a window into the guards' hut. The guards there were either asleep or drunk so he would have no difficulty getting over to the actual castle. The elf tied the grappling hook and rope on his belt before looking which window led to the princess' quarters and then climbing up the side of the wall before jumping onto the balcony of the fair lady. The man stepped with silent feet to the glass doors, opening them with no noise and left them open while he made his way inside the room. The scout took a seat on a chair across the room from the bed of the fair lady, waiting and watching silently, barely moving even if he would sit there for hours and hours. If it would happen so that a serveant would come in before the lady was woken, Elian had a free escape route to the outside.

((Sorry if I messed up your plans WJ, but I thought you could use some contact from another player))

------

The monk smiled at the Dragoon's words before stopping and looking at him.

"Well, the churches of this land seem to be well equipped with libraries and if we are fortunate enought we might find a royal library in the next town" he noted and continued the walk down the road

((Didn't really have many plans... thanks, Tepe :) Oh, just one slight change for ya... Alaina's not a princess... or maybe she is... I hadn't thought of that... ok, so she's a princess... again, thanks Tepe :D ))

The Rogue watched Elian go and smiled. Knowing he was watching her daughter, she felt much more confident of her daughter's safety. "Perhaps, I should've told him how lightly she sleeps," she murmured. Shrugging, she concluded, "Well, he'll find out soon enough, I suppose."

With that, she took the large bucket she'd been sitting on and removed its lid. It was full of water, which she dumped over the fire. Satisfied it would not come back, she left the bucket and slipped away into the darkness of the forest.

--------------

Alaina wasn't sleeping well. She tossed and turned in her bed, her mother's words replaying again and again. The Rogue's face looked angrily at her in her dreams.

"You ran away from a job that ought to be yours," the Rogue scolded. "Forget the fact that you're a princess. You have a brother, do you not? He will be king. You need not worry yourself with the kingdom."

"But I cannot run away," Alaina objected. "I am the eldest child. In our kingdom, that means the throne goes to me. It matters little if I have a brother... if there is a manchild. King or queen, the people do not mind, so long as they have a ruler."

"You are as weak as your father," the Rogue spat bitterly. "More concerned with power than with safety. Fool! I shall trouble you no more."

Startled, Alaina sat up. The dream was over and it was still dark. She decided she hadn't slept for more than two hours, but she knew she would not manage to sleep again this night. That's when she noticed the open window. It didn't puzzle her until she remembered she had not used the window to leave.

"Either the Rogue sent you or you mean to kill me," she said aloud, suspecting there was someone in the room. Then, she saw the being in the chair. "I suspect the Rogue, but just in case..." she retrieved one of her long daggers and stood there, waiting for the stranger to speak or move.

((We'll say it was a delayed effect. You were tumbling down the hill for 40 feet and are just now reaching us, haha.))

Just then, Adire's ears perked and Eric heard the noise of something heading their way. He turned, and just as he did, saw Raikin tumbling to the ground not too far from their location.

"That looked like a rough trip...Hail, sir! Are you alright?" Eric called, his hand resting casually on his blade.

((Even better. Remember folks, his armor may be bulky, but it doesn't protect him from everything, say, a drop and smash from forty feet up.))

Raikin didn't just feel himself hit the ground, he heard it. A voice called out to him, like in a dream from far away. Raikin moaned, and passed out.

((My post is assuming in this day and age doctors were not knowledgeable enough to know about "checking for a pulse," thus others would not learn how to do that.))

Eric looked at the Monk curiously to see if he would help him, and jogged over to assist the man. He removed Raikin's glove and checked his wrist. He was still warm. He put the glove back on and attempted to lift the man onto the back of his dragon, whom had just approached as well. He was quite heavy under the armor, and had a bit of difficulty. He looked up at the monk and asked, "Eirod..mind giving me a hand here? Adire can carry him into the city for us and I'll just drop him off at the nearest town healer. He's a bit heavy for one man."

Elian watched the tossing and turning child silently. The chair did not screech, his clothes did not shuffle. The only noise came from the wind going throught the open window and tossing the curtains around. As she jumped up, a smile flashed on his lips.

"I was sent by no-one" he said, spitting out the word 'sent' like it would be insulting. As she drew a knife, he rose to his feet and drew from his side a magnificent sword, shining brightly even without the light of the moon hittng it's blade.

"I am quite certain you would lose this fight, child, even if you used both of your daggers. However, before the marvelous sound of a blade clashing unto another, I should make myself known to you" he said and stepped forwards, removing the hood to reveal his slightly childish face.

"I am Elian Alesiul, Lord of the Wood Elves and one of the original warriors like your father. Now, let's duel then" he said and placed his other foot out behind him for balance as his other hand took the shield from his back, placing it infront of himself. The elf didn't think she would actually dare to fight him

------

The monk walked to the quite well cooked man and pushed him off the dragon and onto the ground, which was when the halfling rushed over to stop Eric from stoping the healing process the monk would make on him. Eirod removed the top of Raikin's armour and raised the shirt up to reveal his bare chest. The monk snapped his fingers, whcih was when the halfling rushed to the pony, brought t closer and started to rummage throught the bags. Finally the thief gave two pouches to the monk, who opened the other containing coal. He took a small piece and drew on his stomach a symbol before opening the other pouch, opening it and taking half of the herbs inside to his hand, rolling them then in his hands to get the leaves' inner moisture out. The soggy plants were then placed in the middle of the symbol and the monk's hands covered them. Eirod closed his eyes and started a constant, low-toned hum while slightly rocking himself there. The hands of the man started to glow slowly as he concentrated on mending back the inner organs of the Dragon Slayer. It took slightly over half an hour of deep concentration but then it was over. The herbs had vanished and the symbol seemed to be swept away by the wind. The Monk stood up and gave a last hum.

"I just healed a Dragon Slayer" he said to the Dragon Knight and took a step back to the pony, giving the pouches back to the halfling to be put back on the baggage of the poor beast

"If you know my father, I see no reason to fight," Alaina said thoughtfully. "Besides, you interest me. You are an Elf. That, I know simply by your ability to enter my room without waking me... and by the fact that you just told me as much. At any rate, you say you were not sent. Therefore, you are here because you choose to be." Cocking her head slightly to the right, she asked, "Why?"

Archived