Home

Champions of the Past

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xandrin let out a chuckle.

"Master elf, I never said I hated elves, I was simply stating that northmen don't, in my years of fighting, I've learned to respect elves in combat, however as you just displayed they can be uptight, snotty and prejudice. However everything else seems to be right, but don't try to fool me, I know some of you elves take joy in combat, I can see it thier eyes when they fight. I don't intend to be your pest, as you said, I can leave whenever I want, I am simpling going along with you, re-iterating what you said, I don't care who I fight as long as it breathes." Xandrin said with a wink, his wolf also let out what could pass as a chuckle. Xandrind patted him on his neck.

"I warn you now, Barbarian. If we get into a battle, do not step in my way. All you nomadic people, were you on the nothern seas or the more southern plains and tundras, you all look the same to me. And my swords are not easy to block when they target you. You of all people should know better, as I once knew the leader of your tribe. It should be noted that by the time I left the tribe was shattered and the new leader of the pests took over" he said and sped up from the man's side and to the front of the group. He rose faster than the others and reached the top of a hill overlooking the Pass of Haelind. The two most ancient forests of this world stood there by both sides of a great river and a ferry was waiting right on the edge of the forest with a small hut and smoke coming from right next to the ferry. Once the others arrived there, he turned sideways and looked at them.

"We are passing the borders of the King's land and to the land of the Matriarch Madid. She was one of the heroes of this world once but greed and pride has overcome her now. Her lands are full of ruffians, mercenaries and bloodthirsty pirates and bandits. Even her generals are quite unspeakable in the horrors they cause here. Keep your eyes open but swords sheathed. Weapons do nothing but harm once we have crossed the river. If we are lucky, now patrols will find us and because of that threath of corrupt soldiers, we must stay close to my lands, the forest, where not even she dares to wander" he explained and drew a flag of the elven kingdoms out of his saddlebag, only to strap it on the polearm he was carrying.

"We must make haste and camp on the other side of the second great river where we should be safe, even if it is the land of the centaurs" He said and gave a chuckle. Nobody had really given the Centaurs any land, but no soldier or civilian dared to travel throught the lush plains because most of the world's centaurs had travelled there once humans had stopped making the wilderness their own. Due to a negotiation held between the heroes and the kings, queens, lords and such after the evil had been taken care of, the land was given to the dwarves of the nearby mountains to be used for agriculture and feeding the population of the deep mines. Also it was given to them as both of the species have just about the same cultures in the end and both species are just as thick-headed as the other, so they would get along quite fine as long as both leaders were wise enought not to argue with each others.

((Sorry I'm trying to speed it up, but it's gotta be that way so it doesn't die off. Also, I want everybody to get to know each others more in the camp))

Ilius looked over at Shadow and asked, "tell me, what do you remember of your homeland?" he never looked once at Shadow while asking, keeping his eyes up front.

Sillmar was smack dab in the middle of the conversation of Raikin, Eric and Alaina. He had lagged behind, and had unintentionally ended up standing between them, but since he wasn't noticed, he thought he'd stay and just listen. He wished he could talk, but knew this wasn't his conversaion, even though he had taken an interest. He just watched, smiling, and looking, back and forth, at who ever was talking at the moment.

Shadow jogged up besides Ilius and said "Well, it was a chain of islands. The water that separated the islands was only three feet deep, so one could walk from island to island. It was a long walk though, so most of my people would just have mini-rafts and paddle island to island. The terrain would vary depending on how close you were to the shore. While when you head towards the center of the islands, it got more forest like instead of the jungle of that close to shore. It was an island paradise of sorts actually. Sure, there were occasionally hard times like when a big storm hit, but it was fine otherwise."

"The island chain was also home to many reptilian type creatures similar to Raptor. They came in many sizes and shapes. There were huge ones that were as dangerous, if not more, as any full grown dragon. There were huge ones that only ate vegetation and some were even tamed by my people. There were ones that flew and ones that swam. While the big meat-eaters were dangerous, the more dangerous ones were the smaller meat eaters such as Raptor's kind. While all the creatures generally left us alone, we were attacked occasionally. It was nothing serious to the point where we hated them. They were just hunting to feed their packs."

"We actually were quite happy until the invaders with armies happened to find our islands. Then the tranquility of the island chain was shattered after that." Shadow then pulled out a green medallion out of his pack and said "This belonged to the leader of the armies. I'm not sure where the rest of him is, but I imagine it's not in the stomachs of Raptor's kind anymore. I don't think his dragon is either."

The 'fellowship' arrived to the ferry where a pair of guards came to greet them.

"Hail strangers! What want you with this ferry? The witch on the other side is evil, I hear. All passage throught her lands will be punished by death, I hear" one of the guards said while the elven lord unmounted and took the reins of his horse.

"I doubt it. I am the Lord of the Woodland Elves. We come from your King, so let us pass" he said and bowed his haid to the guards in greeting.

"Ah, we recieved word of your arrival a few moments ago. Of course you can pass. The ferry is a little unstable nowadays, so I advice you to not rock it too much. We're not going to fish you ot of the river even if you are a noble person" the guard said and made way for the group to pass for the ferry. The guard still shouted 'good luck' to them when they passed.

The ferry indeed was a little unstable. Some of the boards wee old and hollow by now, the whole thing could be smashed to pieces if kicked a little too hard. The rope tied to it to pull it back and forth was old and worn out, ready to snap. You could tell nobody really used the ferry anymore once the Mariarch had come to power on the other shore. So the group started to make their way across the river

• 4 weeks later...

Archived