Home

Champions of the Past

Casion smiled. "If you are willing to let them do so, your land is in good hands," he said for the benefit of his old friend's children. "It is a pleasure to meet all three of you."

He turned to a servant and said, "Go see if the princess is feeling better." As the servant left, the King turned back to his old servant and explained in a hushed voice, "It is highly unusual for Alaina to sleep this far into the day. As the royal family, we are expected to be up at sunrise. I'm sure you know of her adventure last night... otherwise you wouldn't be here looking for her. For that reason, she has been sleeping, but we had to tell the people something. Therefore, Alaina fell mildly ill last night."

He sighed. "Sometimes being royalty is such a pain," he admitted. At that moment, Alaina entered the garden, fully dressed in a pale green dress. The outfit brought out an interesting quality in her eyes; depending on her outfit, her eyes appeared as different colors. In a green dress, they were bright green. The night before, in her blue dress, her eyes had been blue an equally dark blue. When she wore her black outfit, her eyes were gray with a faint touch of blue.

"You wanted to see me..." Alaina started, speaking to her father. Then, she saw the Elves. "Oh..."

"Alaina, you've already met my friend Elian," Casion said. "These are his children and his marshall."

Though she was a skilled fighter, Alaina was also rather adept at verbal battles and other talents required to be an efficient princess. Charm came easily to her, especially to people she didn't mind getting to know. Therefore, the Elves found her in a pleasant mood, smiling and nodding at each name and turning to each person as they were introduced.

"A delight to become acquainted with you all," she said. "And to you, Lord Elian, I must address the pleasure of seeing you a second time, for I believe all parties present know of our prior meeting."

"Good, heavens!" Casion exclaimed. "Alaina, you are with friends. You can drop the princess act."

"It's daytime," Alaina said, her smile turning into an apologetic one. "And I'm wearing a dress. It's a deadly combination that almost demands what Father calls the 'princess act'." She laughed lightly and added, "A tiara completes the demand."

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The elven lord gave a light-hearted laughter at the princess. He approached her and took the tiara.

"If that is the problem, milady, we shall get rid of the tiara" he said and gave the tiara to a serveant. He had not changed a bit from the youthful and a bit childish adventurer of the days when the warriors were still seeing action.

"Do not worry, great king, I shall take good care of her. I still remember your wife and how to handle such as herself, so I shouldn't have any problems with the attitude if I encounter it" Elian said and smirked before backing away to the railing pf the balcony.

Meanwhile the Prince Aelin was being teased by his sister about how he looked at the beautiful human being. The Lord picked up on this and gave a smile at his old friend.

"It seems our kingdoms might soon have other relations than just trading and old friendships if the princess stays alive long enought" he chuckled loudly and the prince blushed heavily, looking down and then at the princess and then back down again. They were almost the same age, but as it would seem, neither would get the kingdom. The elven kingdom would go to Aelin's brother, who was older than he, and if it would turn out that way, the princess would not get her father's kingdom neither as long as she was ready for adventures

Eric seemed not to care, only continuing to head into the town. He had figured the monk would have an opinion on the nature. But he had given the slayer his trust for now, for the sake of keeping the peace between them, and avoiding a confrontation. He headed into the town, not speaking another word, only concerned with hiding his identity.

Casion laughed. "Oh, you'll encounter that temper, my old friend. She's just as tempermental as her mother... in some ways, more so."

Alaina blushed and looked away. "That conversation is finished," she whispered to her father. His response was a smirk.

"Alright, Elian," he said. "I think the princess needs to alter her attire in order to accompany you. Dresses are not the most comfortable adventuring clothing."

"And my father would know for what reason exactly?" Alaina quipped. Casion laughed.

"She has her mother's quick wit also, my friend," he told Elian. "But she also happens to be correct, as I'm sure you remember..."

"Good heavens!" Alaina exclaimed. "I shall not hear another word of it."

With a slight smile in Aelin's direction, she fled to her room.

"Oh, you mean that time we were forced to dress up as princesses to get to that palace. Oh dear god, it was one of the most horrible things I have gone throught ever. Except maybe that time we got caught off-guard by the acid-breathing dragon" the Lord said and laughted, watching after the princess who fleed from the scene swiftly. The elf then turned around to see the garden, giving out a sigh, his marshall and children knew then that they should leave and stepped down the staircase of the balcony, heading to the garden while the two leaders would speak.

"I somewhat miss those days, which is part of why I left for this adventure. But I also know that these youngsters will need experience even if they might unwilingly recieve it. Oh, my friend, I fear for what will become of this. My lands are being ravaged and cut down in the north by nothmen for firewood and housing and my people there cannot help it. Many have started fleeing from those forests into the ones east and west, stressing the limits of those cities. My country is in a state of war against the northmen if they cut down the woods. I would be ever greateful if you would send somone up to speak with them, for they do not listen elves, They think we are snobs and cannot share the wealths we have, including the trees, but they are cutting down our homes"

"Relations between my kingdom and that of the northmen have been strained since my son refused their proposal for an arranged marriage with their princess," Casion informed his friend. "I will send an ambassador, but I don't think they will listen, unless..."

He frowned thoughtfully. "Alaina has become exceptionally skilled at slipping in and out of places she should not be. Granted, she is no Elf, but she could get past their security."

"Am I threatening someone?" Alaina asked, approaching the group. She was dressed in her black outfit, which made her eyes look almost silver. This time, she had also taken the time to cut her hair. Instead of falling halfway down her back, it was cut much shorter, around her shoulders, and tied back in a simple braid. Casion smiled.

"You look so much like your mother," he observed. "And no, I didn't have it in mind for you to threaten. The northmen are cutting the Elves' houses down and do not listen to the Elves. Consider this the first service you give the world as a whole. Slip in, speak with their king. Calmly and methodically explain to him why the Elves are asking him to stop cutting the trees."

"And if he refuses?" Alaina asked. Casion turned to Elian.

"That is up to Elian," he said. "It is his land you are protecting by this."

"The northmen are proud, and their leader is twice as proud because he has managed o unite all the northmen this side of the Great Mountains. It will get violent, but killing the leader will be too risky. They will either want revenge and attack my people or start fighting amongst themselves and continue to wear out the fragile nature of the north, possibly even doubling their need for resources because of the new need for weapons. Oh, why did I ever start the career of a troubled politician" the Lord said and sighed quietly. He then turned to see the princess with a smile across his face.

"We will ride out in an hour. If you want anyone from this palace or city to come with you, get the individual now. We wait for nobody, not even you" he said and looked out to the garden where his children and the marshall walked, a quiet elven chatter sounding over to the balcony

((Wildjedi, take part in the Sith Dominion thread. We need someone else to negotiate with Tepe than just Strider))

((Posted there.))

"I said nothing of killing him," Alaina said. "I merely wanted to know what I should do if he refuses to listen to me."

"Elian is right," Casion said. "Killing him is a bad idea... for the entire world. With their leader killed, they would select another and make war on as many lands as they could without stretching too thin."

"Then if he refuses to see my point, I just leave him alone," Alaina assumed. Casion nodded.

"That is exactly what you'll do," he agreed. "At that point it then becomes the responsibility of the Elves to defend their kingdom... and I think you may have a part in that also."

Eric continued his powerful stride straight into the city. He kept his cloak around himself, fearful of what could happen should his identity be confirmed. He took note of the library mentioned previously by the monk, and headed silently in that direction. He did not want to part so suddenly from the group, but he was driven by his desire for knowledge regarding certain things. He continued down the street, hoping not to get into any distractions that would reveal him.

Name: Xandrin

Race: Human

Class: Barbarian

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Weapons: one handed warhammer, and handaxe

Other posessions: Tower shield, breastplate plate armor, hardened/studded leather everywhere else.

Companions: none

Description:Tall, built, shady BAMF.

I've been meaning to start a fantasy RPG, but since this is here, I guess I'll join!

Name: Ilius Scale-Eck

Race: Argonian

Class: Bounty Hunter

Alignment: Unlawful/Lawful Neutral

Weapons: Tower Guard Spear, Argonian Scimitar, Bladed Mace, Ancient Crossbow

Other posessions: Bronze Buckler Shield, Argonian War Armor, Coin Purse, and a talasman amulet-two silver snakes coiling around each other in a circle, with a glass crocadile eye made of valuable orangite, in the middle, hanging from his neck on a gold chain. This is his homelands royalty talasman.

Companions: Sillmar Goldenmind (Elf), Seekling (Small Phoenix) , and Yurig (Small Drake, he's small enough to land on someones shoulder, not ridden.)

Description: 7 Ft. 2 In. (average heght for Argonians, usually, maybe alittle taller than usual.) , 200 lb., lithe and sinuey, but very mucular, he has Redish-Amber eyes, with green instead of white on the outside of the eye. He was the son of the head chief of his peoples tribe, he was captured on the beach by sailors, he was taken to the 'human lands' as he called them, where he was enslaved. All he had was his fathers talasman, to remind him of home. He grew up and escaped, and was captured, in a never ending process, but soon a kind noble, a young 11 year old who had lost her parents to pirates long ago, bought him, learned of his story, empathised with him, and freed him after only two years of servitude. She died of TB two years after his release, and was given alot of her estate, but most of the money was used to create, or buy his gear, but he still has her home, and belongings, to forever remember her by.

Name: Sillmar Goldenmind

Race: Elven

Class: Soldier of the High Order

Alignment: Lawful Good

Weapons: Decorative Longsword, Elven War Sword, Walking Axe, Elven Longbow, with the Sword, Seahammer, and a Bladed Throwing Disc

Other posessions: Elven High Shield,

Elven High Armor, Money Purse, Elven Ring of Nenya (May I at the least keep the ring of Nenya please!? :) ) (you can guess where this ring is from, and and which ring too!).

Companions: Ilius Scale-Eck (Argonian) , Seekling (Small Phoenix) , and Yurig (Small Drake.).

Description: 6 Ft. 10 In., 140 lb., thin and regular build, but dont let muscle size fool you. He has grey eyes, with beutiful bright golden rings around the pupils, and has dark blue streaks coming from his edge of his retna (or the center of his eye [not the pupil] ) out to the whites of his eyes. He is one of the elite elven soldiers of of the High Order, come from far across the southern sea, from the Islands inhabited by the elves of the High Order (is this o.k., or should I change this, again?) . He found Ilius one day injured, with his natural elven skill for healing, he patched Ilius up. Because of that Ilius thought to repay the dept, after he had, he found he could not part with his new found elven friend, and they travelled together ever since. Sillmar was sent on an urgent mission to warn some person, of high nobility, a warning of great importance, sent by the Lord and Lady of of the High Order itself. But sadly he lost his memory, from a blow to the head from a ship mast. He has recovered all memory but that of the message, but knows about the message, through dim visions. He knows if he meets the person of whom he was supposed to speek to, he knows he will remember the message.

((Hate to burst your bubble - both good characters, however your uh...Elf is using Lord of the Rings folklore, rather than your own created one. I'll let the thread starter decide if that's okay, but there's also another thing.

Next time be sure to read the whole first page before "jumping in," just some advice.))

Eric quietly entred the library, keeping the cloak drawn tightly around himself, but feeling it safe enough to drop his hood. He asked the local librarian quietly about a certain genre of books, who gave him a curious glance, but gestured in the correct direction anyway. Eric walked that way, quietly looking through the books, trying to find what he was looking for without distracting any attention. He finally found what he was looking for, quietly pulled it from a shelf, and walked to a secluded table, opening it and starting to read.

Name: Shadow Gravemind

Race: Unknown; Looks human

Class: Magic User/Swordsman

Alignment: Neutral

Weapons: Double Bladed Sword

Other possessions: A black cloak, black gloves, a pack, and a book.

Companions: Raptor

Description: 7 ft. tall, 250-300 pounds, green eyes, medium build, and black hair with silver streaks. Shadow is a wanderer. He leaves almost no trace at places he's been except the occasional rumor about his companion, Raptor. He isn't even human, though he never tells anyone that. Raptor is a species that has never before been seen in the country or surrounding countries, so there are questions at times, from the authorities and such, but Shadow doesn't stick around long enough to be asked. He doesn't really like company except that of his companion, so he only really talks to people when asking for directions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I knew that we should've taken a left." Shadow said to himself. He had taken a wrong turn and now he was lost, which wasn't really new news because that happened pretty regularly. But it would take a long time to walk all the way back and go the other way, so he decided to keep to the road he was on now. He had heard of deserted roads, but he hadn't seen anyone for hours. But the road had to lead somewhere.

He soon came into the view of a city. It had a castle and then he saw an insignia on one drapes. He had taken a major wrong turn if he ended up at the countries capital. Well, at least he knew his bearings. Raptor chirped at the site of the city.

"I'm sure that they won't question what you are Raptor." Shadow said patting the creature on the head. Even though it was 6 ft. tall, it was still shorter than Shadow, who was 7 ft. tall. Raptor did not look convinced.

"We'll just walk in, ask for directions, and then walk out. Maybe take a look the library while we're at it, but nothing else." Shadow said. Raptor just snorted at him.

"How was I supposed to know that the town would consider you to be a dragon and try to kill you?" Shadow asked laughing. Raptor just snorted again and began to run. Shadow also ran with it. Raptor could run at about 50 to 60 miles per hour out in the open, but Shadow could keep up with the use of magic.

Xandrin sat on the city wall as he usually did. He knew he was a loner and did not care for people, other than himself and any tribemates he might run into. Thats unlikely Xandrin thought as most of his tribe was either decimated or scattered throughout the world.

Something caught his eye. A raptor running at almost full tilt followed closely by a human.

"Bah, magic." Xandrin said then spit. He got up off the battlements then headed down the staircase from the wall to the ground. Xandrin walked through the streets to the tavern. He walked through and got the usual looks of fear, respect or hatred from the patrons. He sat down at the bar, his gear making a loud clank as he did so.

"The usual?"

"Yeah." Xandrin said to the bartender.

((feel free to come and meet my character or something, because I don't know where people are.))

Raikin fell into the seat across from Eric, almost breaking the seat, and pulled a book out of his satchel and started to open it; he stopped, and looking up and whispered, "Hey, Eric. What are you reading'?"

((Don't worry, we will, or at least I will. Curt, I'm gonna have Raikin leave and go to the bar for a drink, make sure not to forget him when you leave.))

((Hate to burst your bubble - both good characters, however your uh...Elf is using Lord of the Rings folklore, rather than your own created one. I'll let the thread starter decide if that's okay, but there's also another thing.

Next time be sure to read the whole first page before "jumping in," just some advice.))

((Well he never put a story/history behind his thread, well, he did, it's just he didnt put too many specifics on it. As for the LOTOR thing, yeah I know, he came across the sea, a long, long, way away, you can mix worlds/fantasies, there's no restrictions on that. Plus, I know what the Nenya is, the ring of water, but I have it for a reason and purpose. As for the 'Folklore' thing, I'm not sure what you mean, but as I said, he came from a LONG, way across the sea to this land, I put LOTOR folklore in, because he's from Middle Earth, or Lothlorien more specifically. He boads a dark message for someone, and it bears very little to Middle Earth, o.k.! And I did create my own folklore, you just dont have the eye to see it! The nerve of some people! AND! I DID read the first page, including the part about being 100 or under, but I gave a valid reason for his age, plus it's not too hard to remember! Elves, as stated, are imortal, in all-to most, games/books/shows/movies, most 'young elves' are around 500 or older. More mature elves are around 1000-10,000 years old! so 252 is an extremely valid age, if I went any younger, my character would be an infant compared to other elves!! And I didnt just 'jump in' I've read most of the thread, (you might I add have made up your own geology of the place when that should be the threadmasters job) and I've got the whole 'reading before you post' thing going for me! Unlike most people, I'm going to finish reading the majority of the thread before I ever post, so BUGGERS to you!!!! Besides THAT, I spent many tiring hours, around five or a little less, finding all those beutiful images you see, though you think, 'it should be easier than that', well here's something, it's not quite that easy!!! MAN!! People like you make me so annoyed and angry! Wait till the thread master says something, before you go judging things on your own! Dont mean to be rude, but you did judge me before you knew any of my purpose.))

((Firstly, I may have judged, but not wrongly so.

Secondly, don't get short with me, I have little patience for arguments and I do well to try and stay on good terms with newcomers to this particular Lucasforum roleplaying boards (Do note that I did not say newcomers to roleplaying, nor to roleplaying boards, but to THIS board, before there is any confusion) and was merely only pointing out advice.

Thirdly, I never said your character was unoriginal and ripped from other folklore, in fact, I even complimented you and the thought put behind your characters, and did not once state that you derived your ENTIRE background from anything else, but merely noted the use of LOTR. I completely skipped over the Elder Scrolls reference, due to no mention of the Elder Scrolls "world." I however admit that I did not notice that he travelled FROM Middle Earth into this world, therefore I see no reason why it would not be acceptable. The only reasonable part of your argument pertains to my mistake regarding your use of the LOTR folklore. The rest of your post was unnecessary. I was wrong about your use of LOTR, yes, but I was not however wrong about the second part.

Lastly, regardless of whether 100 is "young" for an Elf, that was a rule stated in the beginning. Again, I am not clairvoyant, so I have no way of knowing if you did read the actual thread, and am not accusing you of not reading any of it, but merely assumed (Yes, I realize "assume makes an ass out of you and me") that you just possibly might have missed that.

And I will restate, do not get short with me. I intend to stay on good terms with newcomers here as some fresh players in our small community would be greatly appreciated.

you might I add have made up your own geology of the place when that should be the threadmasters job

As did Wildjedi. Tepe never discouraged such actions, as it is fantasy based, our background lands help develop our own characters. It would be limiting for a fantasy roleplay if unique locations could not be thought up for the far reaches that our heroes will come from. One of your heroes happens to come from Tamriel and the other Middle Earth, I have already admitted my error on the part of their arrival in this world, so I don't need to restate that.

I think, with that, I've settled my argument. If you have further discussion with what I have said please send it over a PM and we can set things straight and step off on a better foot.))

Eric looked up, with a look in his gaze that clearly stated he would tell him later, and went back to reading. Discussing such matters, even in the quiet sanctity of the library, could reveal his identity. He continued to pore over the book, reading more and more, but only finding hints of what he is looking for. He sighs, feeling the need that he would have to purchase the book to look into it further, and rose to inquire the librarian, taking the book with him. After making the arrangements, getting more skeptical looks from the head librarian, he agreed and accepted Eric's payment. Eric walked back to the table and sat down, looking through some passages in the book again, before speaking quietly to Raikin, "What are your plans? You seem the type to grab a drink at the local tavern when arriving in town," he looked up at him, and said, "What do you say we talk over a few drinks? Maybe it'll help me get past my distaste for Dragon Slayers," he offered.

((just moving the story along so you can get to the bar, Royal.))

((Ah, shuks! I'm sorry, I was just agitated at someone acting like the threadmaster when they weren't, that is something I hate! Considering I have my own RP. And also considering the fact that, as stated, I spent many tiring hours searching for the proper images. Oh! and my Argonian isn't from Tamriel, just a far off hidden land, Argonians are what lizard-men are called in proper terms, just to say. I'm sorry for putting my age over the said limit, its just, well, it's hard to explain. As for being 'short' I'm not short, I'm ticked, but I'm more satisfied now, so you wont hear complaints from me. So I guess we said hello wrong, well I'm saying hi in a nicer fashion...*clears throut*..."Hi! I'm me, you're, you, and I'm not changing anything on my character unless Tepe (is that the threadmaster's name?) says to change something (not meaning that in a 'short' way, just a comic kinda way! :D )." As for what I said about doing the threadmaster's job, well that's what set me off more than other things, so (not to be, or sound rude) when you find a newcomer has something you find distastful to the thread, DONT post, until the threadmaster has already said something about it, or something else, thats just simple fact, and you could get alot of enemies ( or at the least, ticked off people) by making judgments before the threadmaster does (I say this in all kindness :) ). But please, except my apologies, and let us start this anew.))

((Well, those of us (Tepe (Aka, Knight of Keno now), Wildjedi, Curt, myself) have been here for ages, I was merely offering advice as a veteran player here. I post advice before the threadmaster because the sooner they know, the better. But anyway, on with the roleplay now.))

((That's Black Knight of Keno... but he'll always be Tepe :p

And at the moment, a certain someone waiting on him... *clears throat*. So uh... yah, I guess I just posted pointlessly... well, sorta... maybe Tepe will post now and that will make this slightly less pointless :D ))

Archived