Home

Champions of the Past

((Good times :) ))

Xandrin, now on his 4th drink, was disturbed by an either brave or extremely stupid halfling.

"So I got this map..." He started.

"I don't use maps little one, I use my eyes and ears, then go find what I want and either kill it, drink it, eat it, or f*** it, now, if you please leave me be." Xandrin said, however this truely was a stupid halfling.

"Oh come now, you've gotta use this map for something, I'm sure a big guy like you wants to go kill something big to get at its treasure."

"If there were something big and was guarding treasure, I would have heard about it and killed it already, you are nothing but a little con artist who thinks hes a cartographer." Xandrin now getting agitated started using words one woulnd't expect from a barbarian. "If you do not vacate the immidiate area soon, I will have to bludgeon your cranium in very violently and ferociously." With that, the halfling backed away slowly then ran out the tavern door. Xandrin looked around the room, everyone was frozen.

"As you were." He said, then they all continued what they were doing.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"ILIUS" yelled the annoyed elf, which was extremely uncommon for an elf, and a good kodak moment. (little joke there! :) ). Ilius the huge lizard-man, or Argonian he preffered, looked down slightly at his elven companion in honest shock.

"Yes?" Ilius said in a deep, ponderous, and slow fashion.

"I'm not sure we're anywhere right now! Are you sure you know the way to the capital, let alone the royal castle of Casion!?" said Sillmar, more concerned than annoyed.

"Yes, I told you, my 14 year late master took me to the capital three times. Once she even took me to play with Casions daughter, Alfia, or something like that..." he said wondering off in thought.

"Well? What happened?" said Sillmar, now calmer, and intrigued to hear a story. Something he hadn't heard in a long time.

"Well...my late master, Sophia, took me to the castle, on the second visit, it was. Casion had told Sophia about things I dont understand...but Sophia was smart, very smart, especially for her age." he said smiling. "Sophia took me to his daughters room, where we met, well, his daughter. She was frightened of me, never seen an Argonian before, I guess?" he said this now with a frown and a shake of his head.

"But, even in fear she played with us, most of the time I was either the dragon, and they were the heroes, or I was the valiant steed. Oh, how my back hurt after carrying Alfia so much, she seemed to ride me the most" Ilius grinned as old memories poured back into his head.

"Hhmm, that's nice. Hey! Didnt caspion take most of the land, after Sophia died?" asked Sillmar.

"Yes, after Sophia realised she wouldn't live beyond 15, she wrote her will, she gave Casion the majority of her land, and I got the majority of her money, and her estate. 1/3 of the his kingdom consists of her land." he said these memories with dark tears in his eyes.

"HaHa! We made it!" exclaimed Sillmar excitedly. "I'm sorry I ever doubted late Sophia" he said in earnest regret, while looking down rolling hills into the capital city of this land.

"Ah, these hills were once former land of my late master. They were the closest lands to this city" said Ilius happily, and proud to look upon a place of old memory.

----

two hours, and ten miles later they were on the threshold of the royal castle. Both of the companions walked up the steps to the main door and knocked. Ilius had cleaned his armor, and stooped, so as not to give anyone a heart attack on seeing him. Sillmar had polished his already spotless armor, and had his Decorative Longsword at his side, for showmanship. They waited for an answer.

((WJ, I called your character Alfia, because Ilius dosnt remember her name real well, I just wanted to clear that up just in case.))

When Shadow and Raptor arrived in town, they weren't exactly welcomed. Not many people brought creatures into the capital just because of the fact that there were a lot of people, and a meat eating creature might get the wrong ideas. They were also known creatures such as dragons. So when he brought Raptor in, a creature they hadn't seen before, they were avoided.

"What do you say we head to the nearby bar? It's been a long time since we've had a good drink." Shadow asked Raptor.

Raptor chirped in disaproval.

"Come on, I'm sure this bar tender won't flip out this time like the last one." Shadow said.

Raptor just shook his head in defeat and followed Shadow into the bar, pushing past a halfling who look terrorfied. No one really was somber, so they didn't notice Shadow and Raptor enter. The ones that did notice thought they were seeing things and just ignore them.

The bar tender didn't flip out when he sat down and asked "What'll it be?"

"October Ale for me and my friend here. And them coming." Shadow replied and procceded to down his drink when it came. Raptor licked up his drink from the mug.

((Thanks Flame. He he, he's just like me when I first arrived. He he))

Raikin stood up and gave Eric a nod, "All right. Nothing I love more than an ale and a friend to talk to." Raikin said, giving him a warm smile.

They stepped out into the street and started off in a brisk pace. The bar wasn't too far away, only a few buildings down. Upon entering, Raikin had to come in sideways so as to keep his wide armor from hitting the sides. He glanced around and took a double take at what appeared to be a dragon ((even though he is a dragon hunter, he doesn't know every species, even dinosaur)). "Huh," Raikin said to Eric, "Seems my day keeps getting weirder and weirder."

((Royal, you're still the same ****head that you were when you arrived and I have had quite enought with ****heads for this year. So, let me start my rant.

Arda, and more specifically Middle-Earth, have been confirmed to be Earth at some point in it's history and is in no way connected to this RP world. Taking example of Tolkien's works are acceptable, as all my fantasy RPs are somehow connected to Tolkien and R.A. Salvatore in style of characters and such. This is also noted in the "not over 100 years old" rule that this is a different world because elves indeed are immortal in many works but not in this RP. If you want to fight me on this, please leave the damn thread and go hit your head on a brick wall to see which one cracks first; your thick head or the brick wall. This should be taken as an insult towards you and as a command to change the age of your other character

Loaning a character from a book or a video game is a newbish error and I must advice you to use your dang head and change it to something original. Now, I haven't played Elder Scrolls and don't know what part was taken from it, but I trust Flamehart on this.

That also brings me to my next complaint. Show respect to veteran RPers or beware. Some of us around here are slow to anger, but for example me, who usually has just gotten back from a crappy day at school at the time I check LF and am easily angered, will not take any crap from you. If you necessarily want to pick a fight like Royal did/does, I have no objections. I'll just make my argument and if necessary call in Redwing, who is not as benevolent being as moderators should be, even if I know worse that lurk around in the Swamp...

So, to conclude this argument, I'm right, you're wrong. Change your profile or beware the wrath of me. Now onto posting then))

The Elven Lord looked at the king and smiled, nodding.

"Indeed. It will be a shame if we must go to war against the barbaric northmen. Too much blood has already been spilled in the north because of the tribal wars a few years back" he said and sighed, shaking his head slightly. Afterwards he rose his eyes to the princess, his kind face showing no sign of anger or hatred, but more of a pity towards the northmen and their ways of life.

"We ride in two hours, stay in the town for a moment to gather our group and then leave for north" he said and flashed a smile before turning to see the garden again.

------

A group of four well-dressed and lightly armoured men entered the tavern. They immediately saw what they were looking for and two headed for the Dragon Knight and Dragon Slayer. The men stood bu the table and greeted the Dragon Knight.

"Good day to you, sire. We are here on behalf of the King and the Lord of Woodland

Elves to seek for your co-operation. Would you care to step outside with your friend so we can have a more private conversation?" the other explained and showed for the door.

------

A similiar group of four entered the sanctuary after giving their weapons to the guards. The monks wanted no spilling of blood inside the sanctuary and the men were happy to be of help as long as they got a word with one of the monks. An elder monk led the four to one of the rooms, sliding the door open and revealing a meditating monk inside. Two entered while two stayed outside the room.

"Excuse us, sire, but we would like to have a word with you.The Kingand the Lord of Woodland Elves would like you to join a group of heroes similiar to the one formed quite a few years ago to fight the evil" the other of the two men who entered spoke and the monk opened his eyes to see them.

"Indeed. I shall join you, but first let me meditate. When does the group gather?"

"In two hours on the Northern Gate. Thank you for your time"

"Yes. Go tell your Lords I will be there with a companion"

"Yes, sire"

And so the men left again from the sanctuary.

((Sorry for spoiling your fun, Curt, but you can still overhear and join in on the fun when the men come out of the tavern. Also, any of you who just joined, feel free to use the groups of four to recruit you))

((does it have to be four? Xandrin prefers one on one conversations))

A man clad in studded leather and fur entered the tavern and walked over to Xandrin and sat in the seat at the bar right next to him.

"Did you have to chose the seat next to me?" Xandrin said distastefully.

"Yeah, I want to talk to you."

"About?"

"A job."

"I hate small talk, get on with the point in one long ramble if you must speak with me." The man smiled.

"I am a hunter and ranger for the King and the Lord of Woodland, I was sent to recruit some fighters for him, the pay is quite good."

"I'm not interested in money, what else can you offer me?"

"Weapons?"

"I have my own thank you, is that it? if so please leave."

"How about a garuntee of a good fight." Xandrin finally turned his head to look the man in the face. "Yes?"

"Why come to me?"

"Because everyone here fears you."

"They are simpletons and no nothing but fear and respect for armor clad people, in the north I'd be just like all the patrons."

"While that may be true, we are not in the north are we?"

"You've got yourself a warrior."

"Very good, if you'll follow me outside so we can meet up with my other collegues and head off as a group." The man stood up, Xandrin downed hsi last beer, paid the bartender and followed the man outside.

Shadow was on his fifth drink, as was Raptor, when the four men came in. He ignored them, but then another group of four men came in and walked straight to him. "Good day to you, Si-" the leading one began but was cut off as Shadow said.

"Don't call me sir. My name's Shadow."

"Yes, Shadow. We are here on behalf of the King and the Lord of Woodland Elves to seek for your co-operation. C-" The man began but was cut off by Shadow again.

"First, are you all born to do that? That's what the other group of four men just said. Second, I don't know the King or any Elves. Third, how do you even know me? Besides the fact I just told you my name."

"Could we talk about this outside?" the man asked and Shadow said "Alright." He paid in coins for the drinks and went outside with the men. They began walking and the man started.

"You were sighted running with your pe-" but the man was cut off as Raptor hissed at him. "Companion, and you were running much faster than any normal human, so you were reported to have the use of magic."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"There aren't that many magic users in the country these days."

"So, am I being offered a job or am I being asked to join whatever silly organization that you are apart of?"

"You are being asked to join a group of heroes similar to the one formed quite a few years ago to fight the evil. And you will be paid quite well."

Shadow let out a laugh and asked "They're only now beginning to act? The team they chose better not be as slow or my time with them will be very short."

"You're accepting?"

"Yes. When do I meet my new partners?"

"You have two hours before you have to be at the Northern Gate."

"Alright then. Personally, I think that you guys need to learn the meaning of the word individuality." Shadow said and diverted his path to the local butcher in the area. He heard the guy mutter something about him being drunk and grinned. It took at least 12 drinks before he could start to get drunk.

Raptor nudged his shoulder and Shadow asked "What do you think? I think we should try it out and see if they job fits."

Raptor just shook his head.

"I knew you'd see it my way." Shadow said smiling. "Now let's go see if they've got the meat you like at the butchers." Raptor let out a gleeful chirp at this, perhaps a bit too gleeful, because a few people just about jumped out of their skins at it.

((Doesn't everyone like OOC posts? they really contribute to the RP quite well if you ask me))

Xandrin stepped outside to see four men talking to two other ones.

"Those your collegues?"

"That they are." Xandrin nodded and observed the group of four. They looked like true business men, armor clad but friendly looking.

"How come they got a ranger to recruit, why not just send those guys?" Xandrin questioned.

"Because they know I can succesfully recruit guys they couldn't get near." Xandrin gave another nod.

"I'm ready when you are," Alaina told the Elf.

- - - - - -

A servant answered the door and let Sillmar and Ilius in.

"My master is occupied at the moment," he said. "But I shall let him know he has visitors. May I have your names?"

((Royal, you're still the same ****head that you were when you arrived and I have had quite enought with ****heads for this year. So, let me start my rant.

Arda, and more specifically Middle-Earth, have been confirmed to be Earth at some point in it's history and is in no way connected to this RP world. Taking example of Tolkien's works are acceptable, as all my fantasy RPs are somehow connected to Tolkien and R.A. Salvatore in style of characters and such. This is also noted in the "not over 100 years old" rule that this is a different world because elves indeed are immortal in many works but not in this RP. If you want to fight me on this, please leave the damn thread and go hit your head on a brick wall to see which one cracks first; your thick head or the brick wall. This should be taken as an insult towards you and as a command to change the age of your other character

Loaning a character from a book or a video game is a newbish error and I must advice you to use your dang head and change it to something original. Now, I haven't played Elder Scrolls and don't know what part was taken from it, but I trust Flamehart on this.

That also brings me to my next complaint. Show respect to veteran RPers or beware. Some of us around here are slow to anger, but for example me, who usually has just gotten back from a crappy day at school at the time I check LF and am easily angered, will not take any crap from you. If you necessarily want to pick a fight like Royal did/does, I have no objections. I'll just make my argument and if necessary call in Redwing, who is not as benevolent being as moderators should be, even if I know worse that lurk around in the Swamp...

So, to conclude this argument, I'm right, you're wrong. Change your profile or beware the wrath of me. Now onto posting then))[/Quote]

((Well I changed the age and where he's from, if there's anything else you want me to change, then tell me, only a little nicer! I dont want to fight or argue with you, I was just dissapointed, and tired, but I was still able to make angry statements without being a total jack ass about it. I even apologised humbly, and honestly to 'Hart, and I'm sure he excepts it (if he hasn't then again I say, sorry) . My statements and arguements were towards him, not you, I was waiting to see what you had to say on my age, I had no true problems with changing my age, it's how you asked it. As for breaking a brick with my head, I probably could, I know how to, pretty much. As for elves not being immortal, you never stated that once, so, (not to be rude) , you wasted your breathe there. As for moderators and rules, I know a few too, and I know that what you said, could be immediately known as flaming, totally against the rules; I also state this with good, non-arguementative, puposes. So please, I implore you with great kindness, dont insult me again, or you'll be the one in trouble, not me. I have stated this as a simple response, not an arguement, or something to 'anger' you, I put this on to simply put this on to respond to your inapropriate, and immature behavior. And as for school, I know where you're coming from, from there, but that is no reason to get on me about it, I got over my issues pretty quick with Flamehart, and I even started posting, so as to get away from the whole thing, and just to forget the differences, and issues that were made, o.k.! So please, be calm, be kind, and dont start another stupid arguement for nothing, I dont wanna argue with any one, as previously stated. But if you have to vent your anger on me, for some childish reason, please, P_M me, o.k. Can we shake hands and be nice about this! :whtsmile:

Now as um...Tepe (yeah, sorry, I cant get used to that name. ;) ) said, On with the Posting!! :D ))

Ilius and Sillmar had been waiting a decent amount of time outside of the front door, and they kept knocking.

"You think they dont live here anymore Ilius?" asked Sillmar.

"Why would they move, they're royalty, and this is the capital, unless they changed the capital!?" said Ilius in response.

"O.k., but in fifteen more minutes, I'm heading to the tavern, for bunk, and then I'm going north to find some nobility there!" said Sillmar with a smile.

And so they waited, hoping someone would respond to their knocks.

----

A couple minutes later the servant answered the door, and asked for their names. Ilius spoke in his almost un-natural deep voice, that showed his age to be more than it was. The servant seemed to be in great fear of what he thought, was a walking talking dragon. He said their names to the servant and waited for the servant to tell his master they were there. Sillmar stood head in hand half laughing, half crying, because Ilius had spoken, when he knew better.

((Ugh, I'm getting tired of this sh!t. And so is everyone else, though, Curt seems to be having a nice time. Don't make me get my clan leader/hacker and our psychotic bitch hacker, who, happens to smoke pot, to destroy you for life. well, not really, you can just wipe your harddrive and start over, but that'd be a bitch.))

The Dragon Slayer turned his attention to the other conversations out on the street. He noticed the peculiarly tall fellow and his companion, a raptor he believed, talking with the similiarly clad men as he and his companion (not degrading yah 'Hart) were talking to.

((I don't hate anyone. I'm promoting your continued participation here, to be honest, more people would be desirable.

Royal Guardian, I'm going to ask that you refrain from such threats from here on out. Not that they bother me any, but such things have harsh consequences.))

((Well thank you Flamehart, I find your vouch very pleasing. I've erased my other unwanted post, (I'm sure you know which one) so as to show my good intentions, and to keep from having another arguement from starting. If you wish to convey to me anything else I should do, that would help keep the peace, then please, by all means tell me! :) ))

((A way to keep the peace would be to actually do the RP and not to flame anyone. :) ))

"Note to self: Never look for meat at the capitals local butcher shop." Shadow said to himself as they walked away from the butcher shop. There were three things he didn't like. One, it was crowded and Raptor's size didn't help, considering he was twelve feet long from his snout to the tip of his tail. And Shadow didn't want to leave Raptor outside alone. Two, they didn't have the kind of meat Raptor liked. So, they decided to try and get a different kind of meat instead. Three, the meat was over priced and the owner was a jacka**. The owner was lucky that Raptor didn't disembowel him and eat him alive right there.

The only good thing was that Raptor had snagged a piece of meat while the owner wasn't looking with his claws and was now eating it. They were heading to the Northern Gate. Shadow hoped that his new partners weren't chatter boxes, though there was bound to be at least one. Shadow couldn't trust them yet, even if they claimed to be heroes or good people or whatever the hell they called themselves. But at least he had Raptor watching his back.

"We'll go to a better place next time." Shadow said to his companion reassuringly. Raptor just let out what counted for his kind as a laugh and continued eating, scaring the skin off of the people near it.

The servant approached Casion, Alaina, and Elian with a look of confusion on his face.

"My Lord," he said to Casion. "I do not mean to trouble you..."

"It is no trouble Alsenbur," Casion said kindly. "What is it?"

"Two beings at the gate," the servant answered. "One is an Elf named Sillmar. The other is a dragon... thing. Said his name was..."

Alaina's eyes brightened. "Ilius?"

Puzzled, the servant asked, "You know these two?"

"I know them both," Casion answered. "But Alaina has only met Ilius."

"Please, Alsenbur," Alaina said quickly. "Do not make them wait any longer. Tell them where we are."

"Alaina," Casion cautioned. "You are not dressed as a princess."

Alaina shrugged. "If Ilius remembers anything about me, he won't be surprised... though I suspect he'll not recognize me."

"I barely recognize you, my dear," Casion chuckled. "And Ilius hasn't seen you in years."

- - - - - - - - - - -

Alsenbur reappeared and motioned for Sillmar and Ilius to enter. "My Lord and his daughter are awaiting you over the garden."

He gestured in the proper direction and hurried off to gossip with the other servants about the number of odd visitors this day.

((@ Rexraptor2000: Come now Rex! You know me better than that. You know I'm a nice guy who trys to get along with everyone! Shame on you for saying such things. ;) ))

Sillmar and Ilius entered the garden, and walked to a bench and sat down. They had been standing awhile, and were very tired. They saw the king, a woman-like figure of a person in black, and an elf, a wood elf from Sillmar's reconing, standing a about 6 yards away, and so they waited for them to finish their conversation.

"Who's the lady Ilius?" asked Sillmar.

"That, is...Lady Alisi! Yes that's her...I'd know those eye's anywhere, and her smell still hasn't changed for over 14 years, though it's masked by alot of perfume" said Ilius in response to Sillmar's question.

"I thought her name was Alfia?" said Sillmar confused.

"Oh...well I guess its been awhile, we'll know her true name in a short while!" said Ilius in a happy, lighter tone. He waved at Alaina when she turned and looked their way, with a long sharp toothed smile on his scaled face.

((Hoy hoy hoy! I was quite appropriate in what I wrote. I think I was quite friendly and didn't even make threaths as some people would with pathetic hackers who I mightcall the police upon or with mods that haven't got much powers here unless supermod or admin.

*glances at Royal and Archon*

Also, I read all your PMs. Don't expect me to get back on you. I think I made myself clear already.

I'll post my IC post later. Right now I'm using dad's computer for now while my dad's connecting my new Pentium IV 1.5GB to the rest of my computer. Hehe... I love birthdays))

Archived