Home

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Novels

The Source

I definitely wouldn't want something based on the exile or Revan. I really enjoy the KotOR comics and I think if they made books they should take a similar approach by just using the time period and some background from the game.

I agree, although id want a few references thrown in as a nod to the games.

I'd read a KOTOR novel for sure, but I wouldn't want Revan or the Exile to be the main characters in it, obviously because of the gender and Force allignment. Such a project could take a variety of different angles, I think a new Jedi character would be necessary (with a canonised gender and Force allignment), unless you took characters from the game and continued from where KOTOR or TSL left off.

Kotor IS mentioned in a comic-book tho.

Do you remember the 3 jedi remains? Saresh on Khasyyk (spelling, i know), and the two on Korriban? There's a comic based on them, in which they have visions of the Kotor events. Some of them show an LS male Revan.

Hmmm... Learn something new every day. I didn't know that there was a comic that provided more details about Duron Qel-Droma, Guun Haan Saresh, and Shaela Nuur. I'm going to have to go out and buy that one.

• 2 weeks later...
The KOTOR comic series has tons of references to the games...

Tons? Where?

While I agree that the KoTOR comics are good, unlike the Legacy comics that remind me of Conan the Barbarian... in space, I'm not sure where you saw tons of references to the game, except the ''guest appearance'' of those Jedi Masters from Dantooine and the fact that the first six numbers occur on Taris.

Right. I forgot about the Swoop gangs, as for the Mandalorian Wars, I wouldn't consider them to be a reference to the game itself. This story happens during the Mandalorian Wars, so they had to be mentioned. What's interesting to me is who is that associate from Coruscant that Lucien Draay mentions. Hmmm, maybe there should be a separate thread with that topic.

Right. I forgot about the Swoop gangs, as for the Mandalorian Wars, I wouldn't consider them to be a reference to the game itself.
Why not? Much of state of the galaxy in KOTOR is a result of the Mandalorian Wars, and they are often mentioned in the game. Thus, that is a connection between the comics and the games, along with the other places, characters, organizations, and events that are also mentioned.

Archived