Home

Exile's Sith Lord Robes

Master Kavar

Every Sith Lord in the KOTOR series always had their own distinct appearance (Bandon, Malak, Revan, Sion, Traya, Nihilus), everyone except the Jedi Exile from TSL. The Dark Jedi Robes look great and all, but I wanted something unique that would make my new Dark Lord really stand out.

That's when I discovered the Sith Lord Exile had already been given his/her own iconic look, sort of. In a peice of concept art, it showed the Exile wearing the armor of a Sith Lord underneath the cloak of a Dark Jedi Robe. I loved this idea immediatly and tried to mod it myself, but quickly realized that simple skinning wouldn't be enough. The two outfits are just too different. (the pants, and the mid section especially don't match at all)

So my request here, and it's a doozy, is that someone who's familiar with modeling remove the cloak from the Dark Jedi Robes, and place them over the Sith Lord armor, to create this.

I don't know much about modeling, other than this kind of project may be extremly difficult, if not out-right impossible. Doubley so since there would have to be a male and female version. But if anyone is interested in taking this idea, I have some ideas on placement and discriptions as well. The biggest hurdle will just be getting the models to work at all.

I also tried something similar to this, I tried pasting parts of a heavy battle armor, and recoloring it, then giving it a slight shine... but for the life of me I couldn't get any kind of robe to have a reflective shader. Appearance.2da didn't work, txi editing didn't work, so I gave up. I was able to make it look like an armor underlayer but it never got anywhere. Best of luck to you Kain if you can pull this off.

About model: Is possible to make this thing by removing one part from kjedi robe and complet with polys the big gap betwen legs and torso. The really hard part is to set weight for each new vertex. I added 10 polys to jedi master robe and spend 2 days setting weight.

I think I see what you mean oldflash, thanks for your insight. That's dissapointing to hear, but I thought it was atleast worth a shot.

On a seperate note I hope you haven't given up on that other model you started for TSL awhile ago. It was looking fantastic on your last update. :)

That's a better answer then I was hoping for Oldflash. I'm really looking forward to that first mod you're making, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it can be worked out. I don't think you'll have much competition for making my mod idea. >_>;

Sorry to see it didn't work out Kain. :/ I had a feeling it wouldn't, but I hoped you'd find something I over looked. Thanks for trying anyways.

Archived