Home

Who thinks EMI s-u-c-k-s?

Kingzjester

Guest The Feral Chicken

That's a bit far, Kingzjester, it isn't THAT bad! It isn't as good as the other 3 MI games, and a few other adventures, but it isn't t'The worst game LEC ever made'.

------------------

eatproto2.gif

Feral

Not Me!!!,I think it was a good game,just not as good as the older 3.But I agree with you on Star Wars it is just crap.Can't they stop making the star wars games and start with more graphic adventures EVEN if it does mean it takes longer to make.

------------------

EMI_Forum_Sig.jpg

In reply to the limpy guy, and all the others who want to know my motives: Check out my goda[/i]mn review on www.deepinthecaribbean.com, or click here: http://monkeyguide.mixnmojo.com/noescsz.htm

------------------

moi.gif

-Yorick the King's Jester

Backfire Killed the Sly - The Adventure Game

[This message has been edited by Kingzjester (edited March 01, 2001).]

Guest Dr._Threepwood

I liked it and it probably wasn't as hard as the others but I wouldn't go as far as saying it s****. Why do u have such a low opion on EMI

------------------

SoginSIg.JPG

Please Sign my Guestbook

The only thing I didn't really like about EMI was the fact that it didn't seem so, well piaraty, I mean it's a great game and everything, but maybe it woulda been better if it wasn't a MI game if this makes sense, I think that EMI wasn't really made for the fans it was made for the money, and I am used to point n click Guybrush, so the keyboard moving kinda irriated me, but on a scale of 1-10 I'd rate it a 7 1/2 I still prefer the stories of SOMI and MI2 but with the graphics of CMI, but to say it's the worse Lucas Arts game ever made does seem to be a lil unfair

------------------

misig.gif

Guest Brighteyesmonkey

I CANT BELEIVE YOUVE MEADE ME USE THE ANGRY ICON!!

NO WAY WAS IT CRAP IT WAS AMAZING GRAPHICS A GOOD STORYLINE, CHALLENGING TASKS AND OTIS'S VOICE WAS REALLY COOL!! TELL IT TO THE HAND COS THE FACE DONT LISTEN TO S**T!

------------------

brighteyesdrums.jpg

[This message has been edited by Brighteyesmonkey (edited March 02, 2001).]

I think the reason why Otis's voice was like that was coz of the trauma he went though when he was on Monkey Island, and because he was so deeply affected, he's basically being reduced to a wimp all because he couldn't handle some monkeys biggrin.gif

------------------

misig.gif

Otis had an excellent voice. I thought it perfect for him 'cos he was tramatised like you said and it gave him feeling. It was distinctive in a good way. The voice i hated was that talking figurehead. God that was annoying. It was a well chosen voice, it represented the character well, but i hated the sound of it.

------------------

There are only a few hands I want down my pants and this isn't one of them

Originally posted by the_xxxxx:

Hey Otis is cool man, so is MI4! And I don't care for you stupid review cous all the PROFESSIONAL testers tought I rocked!

The XXXXX

By professional you think of those that are paid to review stuff? The ones that get their bread by reviewing stuff from the companies who buy advertisement space from them?????????????? You're funny.

------------------

moi.gif

Thanks but I'm not getting paid for being funny (I wish).

Those people play games more than you've got braincells, and a lotta them are independent! It wouldn't be the first time I saw a games-magazine with an ad for a game, 2 C the same game getting a 4 or 5 a few pages later.

The XXXXX

What's up with that? Can't you insult me in a more gentlemanly fashion, spearing my gray mass?

I am independent enough et j'ai assez de compétence pour donner mon opinion sur cette chose. And I still think that independent people on the inside of the genre such as I, are better judges than some Quake freaks that were forced to review the game.

------------------

moi.gif

I don't want to force this any further, for I intend not to cream you. By getting with you in a discussion, I was asserting that you're my equal in terms of cranium power, but now I see that it will be a massacre from my part, since the only thing you can say in return is "you're dumb". Well, to insult you in layman's terms: <big>My library card has more checked-out books at all times than yours will ever! smile.gif</big> That is my biggest problem: I assume that all the proles<sup>(*)</sup> are gentlemen.

<small>(*) - A 1984 by George Orwell reference. cool.gif</small>

------------------

moi.gif

Well thanks you ever saw me as your equal although I didn't ask for it.

I never said you were dumb, I just said you were wrong about Otis, and then you started saying I was dumb (at least I understanded it that way). I don't think you're dumb, cuz if you were you wouldn't have been a 3headed.

But lets be real gentleman and end this useless discussion OK?

BTW I didn't understand a thing about the books, I guess that makes me stupid? My libary card has now got 6 books on it, I dunno about yours?

The XXXXX

GIVE ME A BREAK!

(and stop that u 2, there's no reason to get nasty)

I've read the points made against M4 and I have to say that I agree with some things he said:

"The puzzles in Monkey Island 4 are simply ingenious at times", "there's no depth to the puzzles" The puzzles in M4 would be either too easy and simple(most of the time) or too hard.

Fine, but people need to judge M4 (and anything in life with a impartial point of view.

In all P, he talked about POINTLESS (as the word he choose to use)details and forgot the main idea, which is how the game satisfied us.

I'm not saying that I liked M4. It was good though, but it (like we say in Brazil) left us on hope. Many people including me were expecting more than we got.

Did it have a good plot: YES à (I can't see why he didn't like the idea of ultimate insult)

Did it followed the basic stile of the game: YES (even though it wasn't that good)

Did it have good jokes and stuff like that: YES (more than the other 3 I'd say)

Did it fulfilled the idea of a sequence of CMI successfully: YES

What were u expecting?

Maybe u r kinda like me: I'm the kind of guy that is always disapointed with everything, ("tell me about it", Al would say), and I had a hard time to learn that, as long as disapointments go, just sit back and enjoy.

------------------

-->Hi, I just came back from The Big Whoop.

-->So...? What do u want? An award?

-->Actually, I just wanted to know what's the secret of Monkey Island

-->What planet r u from!?!?!?! EVERYBODY knows what are the secrets of Monkey Island!!!

-->Howcome they're secrets if everybody knows'em?

-->Maybe I should hit you with a coconut... and then with a milkbottle, and an accordion...

-->Oh, like Guybrush did with HT in Escape from... hey, was that an insult?!

Archived