Home

Texture tear/black, then lockup

Zagadka

Greetings,

I'm running KotOR 2 on WinXP 64 with an AMD dual core processor, and a GeForce 7900 card. I have the latest drivers for everything, and I have the game patched. I've tried isolating it from background programs, but it doesn't seem to matter what is running. I've tried applying the dual-processor hotfix stickied in this forum.

Anyway, my problem is this; ever since the beginning of the game, it'll play perfectly well, beautifully well. But after some period of time (varies from 10 minutes to 30 minhutes), it inevitably first starts texture tearing/blackening, and will lock up entire soon after. I've noticed that this happens a lot more aftert the scripted in-game "cutscenes" (not the movies) than it does just running around.

After it locks up, I can't play again until I reboot. If I try to go into the game before rebooting, the menues are flashing rapidly, and loading any game returns to the lockup.

Any ideas? I tried Lucas Arts, and they replied that they wouldn't provide support for TSL for 64-bit systems :smash: I don't think it is a processor thing, anyway...

I tried Lucas Arts, and they replied that they wouldn't provide support for TSL for 64-bit systems

IMHO this type of answer from a game company is really inexcusable. :disaprove

Sorry, I don't have a 64 bit system myself... but that is a really sad thing to hear from LA. :(

Archived