Home

Commander Keen

Maverick5770

I've played tonnes of DOS games, as my first computer barely even has Windows (it had version 3,1, which was, actually, a rather swell version).

Commander Keen was really good. My favourite will always be X-Com: UFO Defence, though:cool:. I bought it in a pack with Terror from the Deep and two huge strategy guides covering absolutely everything (each was several hundred A4 pages long:eek: - this was back when PRIMA actually could make strategy guides, as opposed to today's thin books slightly more than manuals:().

TIE Fighter was awesome, too! I still regard it as the best combat flight simulator game ever. I helped port it to X-Wing Alliance a few years ago (search the forums here, you'll find them).

Oh and of course Tie Fighter and X-Wing were incredible too.
"Incredible" isn't the word that comes to mind when I think of X-Wing. It's "incredibly, sadistically, unfathomably hard":p. I never completed more than two or three missions:o.

Oh, and here is a direct link to the TIE Fighter conversion:). Features:

A. Battles 1-7 from the original TIE Fighter game (battles 8-13 expansion planned).

B. New TIE Fighter models with cockpits.

C. All Introduction and Battle Cutscenes.

D. All in-flight and briefing voices (converted from the users TIE Fighter CDROM).

E. Concourse/Imperial Quarters Interface.

F. Imperial Star destroyer hanger and items.

G. Custom “extended” version of the intro Cutscenes.

H. Custom award ceremonies.

I. Custom/Converted concourse music from TIE Fighter.

J. Custom battle CBMs and Icons.

K. Custom Email messages following the chronicles of Stele Maarek (runs parallel with Stele chronicles and Prima’s Strategy Guide).

L. Custom game launcher (you must use the launcher to play).

I've played all six Commander Keen games. I believe Keen 1 was the first computer game I got exposed to. Definitely a lot of fun (Keen 6 is my favorite, though. It's a shame they never made the slated 7th installment).

Ah, yes. DOS Games. I recently got the first two Monkey Islands from a friend, and I am pretty much hypnotized by the two! As for Commander Keen, I downloaded it and its sequel when I was browsing an abandonware site.

[nostalgia]Heh. Those days I would just go on downloading and go on playing like there was no end to the world.[/nostalgic]

Archived