Home

Glitches!

kitmit13

Im making a glitches page for The Department of Death. I have the following glitches already:

• When you’re on the roof near the beginning of the game, bite the mouth guard from Doms office just before the pigeons chase you, they will push him along.
  • At Bowsley's shop when you walk backwards into the door Manny reaches through himself to open the door.
  • When Celso leaves the DOD with only at walking stick he ends up at Rubacava before Manny through the woods whilst Manny is in the Bone Wagon.
  • Celso says that his wife died shortly after him but Velasco says she left 2 weeks ago on the same day Celso dies.

If you have had any glitches which aren't listed (whether they're technical glitches or storyline mistakes) please post them.

Thank you

During an intermission sequence, say when Manny comes out of the lift is is held up at gunpoint by Charlie, if you save the game, then load it up again, Manny disappears, and his head flashes when he talks. During the time when Manny isn't talking it looks like Charlie is talking to thin air and giving the union card to nobody :D

I think theres one during the start of year 3 in which as soon as you take control of Manny out on deck, you open the inventory and then close it again and Manny's captain hat disappears, but when you enter the ship, it reappears.

I would check but its late :) Can anyone verify this?

There's another one but I can't remember the details properly... perhaps someone else knows about it. When you walk past Eva for the first time with the balloon animals (when she says "What's that horrible squeaking noise you're making?", there's something that you can do to make the line come out of the other character's mouth, but I can't remember what.

I would check but its late Can anyone verify this?

I would but I lost GF disc 1 :(

Edit

I found this one on the GFC, but I think it's slightly different:

Go to Eva's desk next to the hole punch. After punching the playing card stand aside and wave the card at Eva (hit enter). She will say "Maybe card tricks some other time when I'm not so busy."

Now turn about a quarter turn without moving left or right. Hit enter. Manny will say "I don't feel like pitching cards right now."

Here's the Easter egg. While Manny is saying "I don't feel like pitching cards right now" Turn and face Eva. Before he is through talking hit Enter again.

Eva will say her line, but it will come out of Manny's mouth!!! Try it!

There's a story error at the very beginning of the game, not really a technical glitch, after Manny sends Celso off he goes back u to his office; there Eva tell him that Don Copal wants to talk to Manny after he gets back from his trip. Yet from that point onward Eva thinks that Don is in his office, creating this error.

It's obvious, but in terms of story I suppose its relevant.

Ok I created the glitches/mistakes page and it is up here: http://www.grim-fandango.com/mistakes.php . It includes all of the ones listed here and some ones I found on Grim Fandango Central. Some mentioned here were original (I haven't seen them anywhere else before) but others have been listed on sites for a long time, so if your name is not listed by a glitch which you posted here that is likely to be the reason.

Well, it's not really a glitch, but it is a hidden thing.

Yeah, there's a difference between mistakes and easter eggs. Glitches and mistakes are obviously not noticed by the game's creaters, but easter eggs (such as Manny smoking after a period of inactivity) are obviously intentional. Easter eggs are fine to post too though because I can add them to the easter eggs section of the DOD :)

Archived