Home

One Post Bandits

HerbieZ

Hi, this has probably been mentioned before and it is in concurance with the thread about the Kotor 3 section becoming spam. I seem to have noticed an increase in the "one post bandits" striking usually posting a thread all in lower caps with something barely along the lines of "any news on kotor 3" or "when kotor 3 comin out". I was thinking to curb this, if it is possible to put a limit on how many posts a user should have before he can start a thread. Maybe a post count of 5 required to start a thread as there will be people joining up to simply post on the Technical help boards and i believe it would dissuade people from posting useless threads and make them actually browse the forums abit more.

This thread itself can easily backfire on me...

I don't like that idea, because it penalizes new users who don't have the intention of posting spammy threads. I think the mods have it pretty well under control that they can handle any threads that need to be closed.

Also like you mentioned some people may not be interested in discussion but need help in the workbench forums, why force them to post 5 times previously when they don't want to? Since they wouldn't be interested in posting, they would probably be spammy posts anyways, or they would leave.

I suppose so. I presumed it would mean less work for the Mods but as long as it is not spiralling out of control then it is something they can manage. As you are a moderator, id like to ask if the random posting of these threads is a major problem?

I don't frequent the KoToR 3 forums really, but when I have seen some threads like the ones you suggested and they are usually swiftly closed by a moderator.

I can see where you're coming from with trying to help out the moderation team but I think that it would hinder and even drive away too many new members who want to post a thread.

Archived