Home

[FIN]A Twist of Fate

Jason Skywalker

A Twist of Fate

Please feel free to leave comments here. Thank you.

The Jedi: Guardians of Peace. A Jedi carries a tool of peace or chaos that can make someone live or die. The lightsaber. Many disobey the Council. After the Mandalorian Wars, many Jedi died, others lived. And only 2 of the living face the wrath and hanger of the Jedi Council, which made a decision, fatal for many persons.

Jaden and Kyra were in the Jedi Temple, they were summoned for a meeting by the Council, and feared for their place in the Jedi Order.

The door opened and they made their way in. Inside were Masters Vrook Lamar, Zez-Kai Ell, Kavar, Lonna Vash and Atris. Vrook then started a long conversation.

“Do you know why we have called you here?” Master Vrook said.

“You have called us here to answer for our crimes on Malachor V.”

"As Revan summoned you, so have you come full circle to return to the Jedi." Said Master Kavar.

"Why did you defy us? The Jedi are guardians of the peace and have been for centuries. This call to war undermines all that we have worked for.” Said Master Zez-Kai Ell.

"Is Revan your master now? Or is it the horror you wrought at Malachor that has caused you to see the truth at last?" said Master Atris

”I realize that following Revan to war was in violation of the Jedi Code - and I broke it, knowingly defying the wishes of the council.” Said Kyra.

”You were not at Malachor, and you will never understand!” said Jaden.

"You refuse to hear us. You have shut us out, and so have shut yourselves to the galaxy. Know that there is no turning back from this judgment. It is good you recognize this. It means you will understand why you must leave us. We feel that your true understanding of what happened at Malachor V will only happen in time. And it cannot happen here, near the battlegrounds where you fought." Said Zez-Kai Ell.

"You are exiled, and you are Jedis no longer." Said Vash.

"There is one last thing. Your lightsabers. Surrender them to us." Vrook said. Kyra, not wishing do defy the Council anymore, ignited her Purple Lightsaber and thrust it on the center stone. She was about to leave when she noticed Jaden just stood there with an angry look.

“I will not surrender my lightsaber.” He defiantly said. Kyra padded his shoulder and gestured him not to do that. Jaden nodded, ignited his cyan lightsaber and thrust it in the stone before leaving the council halls with Kyra. They left the room, and he took his cloak out, and so did Kyra, and they left, leaving their pride and honour in that room.

"Much defiance in that one…" Kavar noted.

"You were correct, Kavar. When he was here I felt it. It was as if he was not there, more like an echo. Although the girl is different, she’s calm and patient, she may help him get through that. But Revan's influence has grown, amongst the youngest of the Order - he speaks to their passions, not their sense." Zez-Kai said.

"The war has touched the youngest of the Order. Many of them have lost themselves in battle against the Mandalorians. It is as I feared. And I fear that we have played into the hands of the enemy." Vash noted.

"We have not lost Jedis this day. You felt it... they have lost themselves. They are no Jedi – they walked Revan's path, but weren’t strong enough." Atris grimly said.

"I fear it is our teachings that may have led Revan to choose the path he did." Zez-Kai said with a sad face.

"We are not the ones who taught him." Atris said, obviously blaming Revan’s teacher.

"We take responsibility, Atris, not cast blame." Vash said, trying to calm Atris down.

"The choice of one was the choice of us all. Revan's teacher intended no harm. And Revan had many teachers since." Zez-Kai noted, once again.

"Yet they all stem from the same source. Her teachings violated the Jedi Code and lead all who listen to the dark side, as they did the Exiles." Atris said.

"You are wrong. The dark side is not what I sensed in the Exiles. Surely the rest of you felt it as well. That emptiness we felt... they have changed." Vash said.

"Whatever that wound was, it was of the dark side. We should not have let them depart. They will simply join Revan again, or perhaps worse." Atris said.

"What would you have be done with him, Atris? Be mindful of your feelings. This is not Revan who stood before you. These ones walk a different path." Zez-Kai noted.

"No, although that may come in time. We let them go because we must. Where they travels, they carries their destination with them. We must let them go there. That is our only chance to know what has happened, and what the future holds." Kavar said.

"Malachor V should have been their grave. You saw it in their walk, and in the Force. It was as if they were already dead." Atris said.

"No, not death. Many battles remain for those, if what we have seen is true. But the future is a shifting thing, and they cut like a blade through it." Zez-Kai said.

"We should have told them the truth. A Jedi deserves to know." Vash sadly said.

"No good would have come from it, even if what you believed was true. There is still the matter of Revan, and such truths could leave us vulnerable on two fronts." Observed Vrook.

"Perhaps in many years, we will call them before us and explain what happened to them and how they may be healed. Until then, they must accept this journey." Kavar said.

"But they may never discover the truth. And they will never know why we cast them out." Vash noted.

"Then that is the future we must accept." Kavar bravely said as they all walked out of the Council Room.

The End

Archived