Home

What's your name mean?

Dagobahn Eagle

Alex ~ Short form of ALEXANDER, ALEXANDRA and other names beginning with alex.

ALEXANDER

Usage: English, German, Dutch, Hungarian, Slovak

From the Greek name Αλεξανδρος (Alexandros), which meant "defending men" from Greek αλεξω (alexo) "to defend, help" and ανηρ (aner) "man" (genitive ανδρος (andros)).

Kewl, from greek. "Alegis" could mean 'from Alex' in Ancient Greek.

Apparently, Nathaniel means "God has given". That means that I am a gift from God along with the transformers. I'd make a flow chart, but I'm too lazy to link the three together.

No sir. Jesus died hundreds of years ago and all we did to repay him was make stupid ****ing cartoons like the Transformers.

:p

Can't find an explanation for my name (Ailo) anywhere, since lappish websites aren't exactly over-populating the inturnetz.

JOACHIM

Usage: French, German, Polish

Pronounced: JO-ah-kim (English), zho-a-SHEN (French), YO-ah-khim (German), yo-AH-khim (German) [key]

Contracted form of JEHOIACHIN or JEHOIAKIM. According to the apocryphal Gospel of James, Saint Joachim was the husband of Saint Anne and the father of the Virgin Mary.

haha cool...this site's pretty good: Behind the Name

Louis /LOO-ee/ is the French form of the German name Ludwig. Ludwig is composed of the words for "fame" (hlod) and "war" (wig) which may be translated to famous warrior or "famous in battle". This was the name of 18 kings of France, including Louis IX (Saint Louis) who led two crusades, and Louis XIV (the ‘Sun King’) who was the ruler of France during the height of its power, the builder of the Palace of Versailles, and the longest reigning monarch in the history of Europe. Rendered fashionable by the Carolingians’ (Dauzat) in 751 -987 AD.

DAVID

Usage: English, Jewish, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Czech, Slovene, Biblical

Other Scripts: דָוִד (Hebrew), Давид (Russian)

Pronounced: DAY-vid (English), da-VEED (French) [key]

Possibly derived from Hebrew דוד (dvd) meaning "beloved". David was the second and greatest of the kings of Israel, ruling in the 10th century BC. Several stories about him are told in the Old Testament, including his defeat of Goliath, a giant Philistine. Jesus was supposedly descended from him. Other famous bearers of this name include the 5th-century patron saint of Wales, two kings of Scotland, empiricist philosopher David Hume, and explorer David Livingstone. This is also the name of the hero of Charles Dickens' semiautobiographical novel 'David Copperfield'.

-----------------------

WOOT!!!!

My last name means "Keeper of the forest" in German. Lolzors.

"The beloved keeper of the forest."

Archived