Home

T-21 Stormtrooper Rifle

monsoontide

Hello all!

Anyone still playing?

Here's a little model I've been working on to replace that piece of c**p Flechette thingy.

It's the T-21 Stormtrooper rifle (As seen in ANH) which was based on the real life Lewis Gun....

There's still a few details missing but it's almost finished...

t21riflerenderty9.th.jpg

Working on LOD's for it too.

Will post some more screenshots when I get it in game.

Hopefully this week.

Big thanks to the BBC (Blaster Builders Club) website for the blueprints and reference pix... http://www.imperial-fleet.com/bbcforum/index.php

Working on a new SIEGE (also featuring FFA/CTF/Duel) map too.

Later

Hi Psyk0 - great to see you're still around somewhere!

OK, got the darn thing in the game now.

Just have to tweak a few things...

Mainly a shader and finish the textures and LODS plus move the positions of the *flash and *weapon tags - most notably for the first person view which is all messed up at the moment - those small barrel bits from the original Flechette model are showing up (Something in the weapon.def file perhaps?)

Sorry if the pix are a bit washed out.

shot0005xq5.th.jpg

shot0006gi1.th.jpg

shot0007hh5.th.jpg

shot0009df8.th.jpg

shot0010qx2.th.jpg

shot0013om3.th.jpg

Nice to see you're back.

I like the model. Looking at the screens it's more accurate than the version I did 2 years ago.

t212fo3.th.jpgt211ye2.th.jpg

And the map ... it's crlearly Myrkr. Will you release that one? Or is it even your Siege project?

Too many questions, I'd like to get in contact with you over a few things. :D

Regards

-Pahri

Ha ha! Very clever Pharicida!

That is indeed little bits of my Mykr siege map in progress! LOL

Your model looks fine - I was just lucky to find the Blaster Builders Club website which had all the blueprints for it.

(Would've made modeling my scout trooper pistol a hell of a lot easier if I'd only known!!!)

Have scaled the gun up a bit now (I felt it was a bit too small in 3rd person view) and have finally managed to get the first person view to be how I want it - just have to remove those damn mini barrels from the original flechette.

Am reworking the skin too... going to make it a more glossy black than the current rusty grey.

shot0045ho2.th.jpg

shot0047sm7.th.jpg

shot0048wt1.th.jpg

shot0050sz7.th.jpg

shot0054nk4.th.jpg

Release Date: W.I.D. (When it's done! LOL)

Got the new skins almost done. Here's a couple of 3D renders to peruse in the meantime.

Have a bit more work to do on the 1st person view. Then its just the shader to be completed (And redoing the icons), so I'm hoping to get it done and released this week - all going well.

-OH! Before I forget... does anyone have a decent replacement sound FX for this?

:blaze6:

t21riflerender3ze7.th.jpg

t21riflerender4di5.th.jpg

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18762.html

(Pix are old ones not including shaders - but they don't really look that different)

Feedback in this thread please, so I can make any necessary fixes and/or improvements ASAP.

Hope you like :D

Feel free to use in whatever project you are working on - as long as I'm credited with the model and Grevious for the sounds!

I was working on LODS, but it really doesn't need them, since they are only for first person view, since the general graphical horsepower of most video cards has increased considerably since JKA came out! Still if you'd like a version with LOD's I'm sure I can do something - though it may take a bit longer.

I was working on LODS, but it really doesn't need them, since they are only for first person view

Hm I though LOD's are only for third person view. :p

According to ModView the .glm has 1668 Faces... which is really not much for an up to date graphic card.

However I for example still have a Radeon9550 which, in situations with many custom player & weapon models that do not feature LOD's, can really get to it's limits.

I had a look through the stuff Raven made and there were LODS for the 1st person views which are all md3 files. But for the 3rd person view, there was just the one GLM file.

I'm not sure if/how to make GLM lods...

I looked for weapon making tutorials but couldn't find any, so I'm really not sure on this point!

ha well usually you have the gun_w.md3 which will later be turned into the gun_w.glm with MD3view.

There are gun_w_1.md3, gun_w_2.md3 and so on files which are actually the unconverted LOD's for the third person gun_w.glm

If they're all in the same folder and properly set up MD3View will automatically merge the gun_w.md3, gun_w_1.md3, gun_w_2.md3 etc. into a gun_w.glm with LODs.

Archived