Home

What's up with the wussy online "rules"?????

infragreen

I always play space battles on Battlefront 2, but last night I was playing some non-space battles and I noticed dorks that like to take over games and make their own "rules". Like "no tanks", "get out of our base", meaning you cant take over spawn points, you just run around and shoot at each other all night. Why? No idea, but its BORING. If you don't follow you get whined at then booted. Whats the deal with that? I'm surprised also in general at how quick people get booted for the dumbest reasons. Oops, accidental team kill, see ya! "He's using a tank, his screen name is dumb, he took my ship, he stepped on my toe, LETS BOOT HIM QUICK! See ya!" I'd swear I was playing with a bunch of little girls if it wasn't for the dumb comments I keep hearing on the headset from snot-nosed pimply faced adolescents. My least favorite being white kids talking "ghetto". Grow up. Why don't you guys get around to actually going out on a date and kissing a girl so you don't have to be always acting like one and just PLAY THE DAMN GAME.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this is what has become of Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Predictable.

Good thing I didn't buy it. :)

SWBF2 was a game that was totally geared towards the immature crowd to begin with (Oooooo! Play as Darth Maul!) Not suprising that its multiplayer is overrun by twelve-year-olds that have invaded the intarnets. See Jedi Academy multiplayer as another perfect example of a game ruined by kiddie admins and such...

So this is what has become of Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Predictable.

Good thing I didn't buy it. :)

SWBF2 was a game that was totally geared towards the immature crowd to begin with (Oooooo! Play as Darth Maul!) Not suprising that its multiplayer is overrun by twelve-year-olds that have invaded the intarnets. See Jedi Academy multiplayer as another perfect example of a game ruined by kiddie admins and such...

Exactly.

Hey, I'm a kid! (if 13 counts)

If you play Mos Eisley, when you play as Aayla, Maul, or anyone w/ force choke, you get a bunch of ppl shouting "pull noob!" or "maul noob!" or "choke noob!" You get really sick of it. Instead, I've joined the modding community so I don't have to put up with such ill-behaved whiny children. Oh and infragreen? I'm acne clean.. :xp:

Hey, I'm a kid! (if 13 counts)

If you play Mos Eisley, when you play as Aayla, Maul, or anyone w/ force choke, you get a bunch of ppl shouting "pull noob!" or "maul noob!" or "choke noob!" You get really sick of it. Instead, I've joined the modding community so I don't have to put up with such ill-behaved whiny children. Oh and infragreen? I'm acne clean :p

So are most kids at 13. In a couple years you'll be playing battlefront on your bathroom mirror with pus-missles.

Yep, I het this all the time. It's not everywhere, though, so it's not as bad as it sounds. Once I remember being in a space battle where it got so bad with everyone whining that I was doing anything other then shooting other fighters that I almost quit before I got booted.

That doesnt happen to me. partially because i've outgrown the "gam3sp33k" as such. (proper language is a much more proven and effective way of getting your pouint across) and also because if i do find a game like that that you don't like, go find another one. Say i came across a game that said "no tanks", i'd play along or go find another game where you can. and the whiney voices? mute.

I usually don't play online much, other than against my cousin and we don't have any rules like that in our games. We just play the game how it is and the only thing we change is the amount of reinforcements. I don't understand why someone would want to make rules as it's already a good game the way it is. People who aren't able to keep up with others should practice before playing online, or just lose (like I do sometimes)

Meh, I browse these forums more than I post but I recently went back to playing Battlefront II for the PC (despite this being an Xbox started dicussion). I must have joined three different servers where I got kicked for capturing Command Posts.

I find the games like this change as time goes on, people make up rules that just go against the games style of play itself.

• 1 month later...

Wait a second... What's wrong with these rules?

No AI? Of COURSE no CPs...

No tanks makes the game more dependant on skill than whether you're in a tank or not.

Dueling, No Force, etc, are for the same reason. Using skills, not Force. WITH Force, you just can't play properly. Since there are pull noobs and choke noobs, etc. (:p)

Basically, the rules are to make the game more fun.

Playing the games in different ways is what it's all about.

They're playing a game, except in a way that maybe YOU don't like, but many others do.

Such as duels, Prison Break, etc.

If you don't like them, leave.

Making rules and variations on the game isn't girly, it's human.

Don't double post ~ET

Well, I think that if there is a rule, you should say it in the name of the game or soemthing, not kicking/banning people without warning.

Also, these house-rules should be kept at a minimum per game, too many of them make things too complicated. Since we all know that you can't do nice scripts like JA+ and the online interface is horrid to say the least, with next to no server messages and what not.

Dueling, No Force, etc, are for the same reason. Using skills, not Force. WITH Force, you just can't play properly. Since there are pull noobs and choke noobs, etc. (:p)

Don't double post ~ET

Need I remind you that w/o force skills, Mos Eisly is the same thing except its who swings first wins instead of who force uses first

No tanks makes the game more dependant on skill than whether you're in a tank or not.

Basically, the rules are to make the game more fun.

Playing the games in different ways is what it's all about.

They're playing a game, except in a way that maybe YOU don't like, but many others do.

Such as duels, Prison Break, etc.

If you don't like them, leave.

Making rules and variations on the game isn't girly, it's human.

You forgot the no blasters and/or lightsabers rule.:xp:

I hate rules, but

He does have a point you don't have to stay.

And like TK said "to escape reality is the point of video games."

or somthin' like that.

Oh my, bumping old threads? tsk, tsk.

Rules Shmules. Maybe one rule per server, that's it. I got booted last week on ctf for pounding 4 people all by myself 5-0 in the game before.

What we need is that server thing Kurgan has going on JKJA, without the "honor" crap.

:o

honorz are great! Different people have different preferences. If you enter a game where there are "rules" as such, tough. Play it or p**s off. Likewise, if you enter a game where it is an all out hell for leather killfest, and you want rules. tough. play it or p**s off. the world ain't gonna change for you, so you change for it.or p**s off.

no offence intended, of course ;)

Archived