Home

What's up with the wussy online "rules"?????

infragreen

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you do relise it would be near impossible for them to give you a virus over the game and would require extensive h4x0r knowlege which Im sure most of the 13 year olds who think their big since they use F*** and F** over and over again and speak in 1337 in order to make the people of the US look mentaly challenged. Online play has only gone to the dogs on games like that that 13 year olds play, try some other game like Call of Duty UO, there are almost no servers with jackasses and annoying 13 year olds

I have seen people send virus but your right they have to have extencive (exuse my spelling) knowledge in that area, and I am 13 years old but I do agree with you most of them are jackassses.

you said it bro!!!!(joke)

but it is super hard to hack a consle unless you plan on breaking yours

g*y idiots go around with wepons that explode on contact and put mines on EVERY SINGLE DOOR and it is hard to live if you die every five seconds, like i was playing this morning on the Tantvine 4 level and every where i go i get shot up 5 feet

Agreed. And, for the controversial point, i guess the american view on tking is fine. they seem to incorporate it into real life as well...

hey just becuase the government is currupt and the elections were rigged and we got a moron as a leader doesnt mean were all TKing loonys who cant say nuclear. Team killers are some of the most useless people on earth, about the same level as celebraties and should be left in a big forrest and forced to do manual labor some time.

• 2 weeks later...

Errr... Then just throw a Detonator at every door... Or make a no mines server... Hey, that's original!

And if they're noobs, then they should be easy to kill.

And btw, if they use Force in a No-Force server, DON'T go to another game without said abilities, just boot their sorry *ahem* bottoms.

hey just becuase the government is currupt and the elections were rigged and we got a moron as a leader doesnt mean were all TKing loonys who cant say nuclear. Team killers are some of the most useless people on earth, about the same level as celebraties and should be left in a big forrest and forced to do manual labor some time.

well, TK IS FINE IF NOT DELIBERATE. Well, if you see people shooting at that tank over there you don't just walk in front of him and yell TK when you get killed, you deserve it. Same for jumping in front of that sniper guy, he is usually zoomed in and don't see you moving in front of him suddenly. And same goes for standing right in front of a speeding tank... There is a difference between DELIBERATELY attacking teammates, and people getting themselves killed cause of their own stupidity. Well, personally I would ok for people to tk if it takes some guys off the other team as well, like a well placed datpack with some "friendly" nub sitting on it, but thats another topic.

I actually prefer to play on FF=OFF servers, so I don't need to hear those stupid people yelling. Though I think BF1 did it better. Cause in BF2 people don't get blown flying when FF=OFF making quite some cheesed out situations.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a part of the DSA clan for the PS2. We run our own servers with our own rules. Generally we have 7+ servers running at one time. 2 firefight servers with full AI, but only 8 can play at one time. 1 heroes on server, 1 space server, 1 no AI on server so we can have up to 24 players at one time. We also have an assault server that one certain nights resets itself, is password protected and is a no force power server for that night. All of those servers are with Team Damage on and other then the NFP server for those nights are free and open for whoever with a ps2.

We try and have fun within our servers with our biggest rules being no glitching and team killing. Sometimes we'll come up with rules in game like no tanks if there are only a few people playing in the server at the time. I mean with 4 to 6 people and no AI do you really need tanks? Sometimes in our no force server we'll have a guns only match. Sometimes in the conquest servers we'll have an all grunt or sniper battle.

We try to be fair and have fun and we really only set these special rules if there are people in there we know or if, like with the tank, there's just no need for it. Yes we will make fun of people that double pull to get cheap kills or steal kills from teammates. We'll also make fun of rocket whores for not knowing how to use any other class and not realizing that with TD off running up to us and putting a mine down at our feet will kill them too. We've kicked and banned a bunch of people that don't follow our rules. That has made those cheap players mad, but the good players love coming to our rooms because they know the games will be fair and for the most part glitcher free.

I'm 13 years old. I haven't played online nor have I got it for PC. But when I do I ashure you I won't be speaking 1337 or saying anything worse than damn. Besides, I'll probably like to maintain "radio silence". I'm more "rambo style" than "lay siege style". Unless there would be experienced players willing to raid a cp. I'm more of a sniper anyway, one shot, one kill, as they say, I prefer to stay away from a battle unless I'm a lightsaber pwner, and rarley do I be that anymore.

I can bag a kill with a sniper rifle from 100 feet away just as good as I can from 1 foot away.

Well, people whine about datpacks and what not, and whine about people not fighting them mono amono... but excuse me, if you really want to duel go play JK/JA.

I don't mind force whores, btu I myself do not prefer using a hero, and would mostly deny the chance even if given(bounty hunters not withstanding).

A few rules would be nice, but long lines of rules only make it a craapy server.

Agreed with rules there PoiuyWired. Most of these complaints I would think

come from frustration and in there oppinon not right to them. I prefer the

"Play how it was made type ' instead of all of these rules to me. You can

easily counter all of these complaints like people that use tanks for instance.

Use vanguards,detpacks etc. All it requires is some teamwork. Teamwork actually

is what gives people wins etc.

Quote by Darth Newfie I'm 13 years old. I haven't played online nor have I got it for PC. But when I do I ashure you I won't be speaking 1337

Glad to here such things from a 13 year old. Im 18 myself and I dont prefer

talking that trash to others. All that this trash does is give a bad impression

to fellow gamers and ruins the fun of games. Not talking this stuff gives

a good impression which makes friends etc which I do have a good amoutn due

to being nice etc. So best of luck kid

Yes agreed there -(db)-Leader on teamwork. Many problems with teamwork

involves a few things.

1. enough teamates which can be hard due to not that many people playing.

(ok an over statement on my part but hey its more than some games out there.

I just hope that 1 day ioll get to play with about a full squad of people. I think

about 64 65 if im correct.)

2 Communication. This is a hard 1 due to the chat system. Typing and trying

to play at the same time is no small task actually 1 tough 1. Thankfully there

is voice chat capabilities but since I never tried it out and that there are

only a few servers that use it (none that i have seen though) teamwork

will thus be hard to do.

I agree with you there on the at ats. Those are tough suckers to beat on

your own. Atleast you have air that can take em but since from my experiances

that people have a rough time doing it. And ill agree on that myself.

• 1 month later...
So this is what has become of Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Predictable.

Good thing I didn't buy it. :)

SWBF2 was a game that was totally geared towards the immature crowd to begin with (Oooooo! Play as Darth Maul!) Not suprising that its multiplayer is overrun by twelve-year-olds that have invaded the intarnets. See Jedi Academy multiplayer as another perfect example of a game ruined by kiddie admins and such...

I am offended. I am no "kiddie admin" or whatever your talking about. I hate that battlefront 2 is being taken over by immature 12 year olds but I am NOT IMMATURE. *end of vengence lust*

Archived