Home

What's up with the wussy online "rules"?????

infragreen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to ignore the rules people make in the game. The fact that i hardly play the game online anyway is besides the point, it's best to ignore the rules because people set up these rules only because they are trying to set the conditions they THEY prefer and where THEY will win. So ignore them, and play the game like it was meant to be played is what i do. It may seem a little obnoxious but it makes sense.

we don't mess, Its just how we like to play it. theres nothing to say that a game is supposdd to be played one way or another, its the people that play it that make it the way it is. Just because some people like no rules all out ffa all the time, that shouldnt allow the others to play ruled games that they enjoy.

lmfao, note the term "heavy weapons"... Seriously, a blaster rifle is better for all round infantry combat, but requires some degree of accuracy. Which if you don't have, you use the rocket launchers, thus why most people use them... ;)

on live/online, that's true. Its incrediby hard to use the blaster rifle/pistol without some kind of auto aim, purely because of the dismal speed they fire at. Rockets are slow firing, so if you miss the first time you're f****d, and sniping is...awkward on that game. The only semi-decent fast firer is the clone commando, whom i dislike because of the similarities his clothing shares with the HAM guys off runescape... *shudders*

Engineers have detpacks, ammo and health drops and a shotgun. A nice reciepe for slaughter :D

So now you're saying that we should make a rule that there should be no rules?

Often, I find that rule servers where everyone follows the rules are more fun than all-out, no-rule slogfests.

And Jawathehutt, that isn't exactly true.

If you go and charge somebody, they can counter you. If you try using a normal attack, they'll just jump away and throw, or roll and attack.

If you throw, if it's allowed, they can dodge.

If you use Force, they're dead.

It may be as you said, but it's hard to get the first hit.

Which is the point. You have to think to win, not just press the right mouse button.

And no lightsabers/blasters are also there for a reason, because some people prefer it like that. I prefer all-lightsaber battles or duels, for example, or gun v gun duels.

Sniper only games are also more fun than normal games, usually.

Adapt to variation or leave.

we play video games to ESCAPE reality.

Here here. I like this guy.

Rules are there to be broken. If I go on HaloPC and see that the only game says "girlz only", i go in there and I kick there asses anyway. Same deal on battlefront. If you can't handle someone alternating force pull and push with yoda, play a game that doesn't have said abilities. Don't whine at people for using features that were intended to be used.

Yes, and we have the ability to change and make rules as to how we want to play. Im not saying playing without rules is wrong, i just dont like it all the time. Sometimes, yes, theres nothing better than going all out ffa, but most of the time i like some sort of mutual agreement between the players about how somethings are just pure sad i.e force push

I think BF2 online has become more like halo in a sence like when i play Bf2 people curse and when they get mad at you the give you a virus or screw up the programing so you quit. I think online play has gone to the dogs, but i still play it because killing computer players gets boring

you do relise it would be near impossible for them to give you a virus over the game and would require extensive h4x0r knowlege which Im sure most of the 13 year olds who think their big since they use F*** and F** over and over again and speak in 1337 in order to make the people of the US look mentaly challenged. Online play has only gone to the dogs on games like that that 13 year olds play, try some other game like Call of Duty UO, there are almost no servers with jackasses and annoying 13 year olds

Well, Jake123456 will probably agree with me on this one. We just had a clan refuse an already planned battle because a few members didn't talk in game. I'm not to knowledgeable about this, but isn't it common courtesy to play silently with other clans? Of course, with the exeption of saying GL and GG.

About the 13-year olds, you can avoid most of them if you play space maps or conquest maps, and the majority of immature people will be playing jedi battles with no force, or getting schooled in conquest.

Archived