Home

Sweet new bandwidth test

RoxStar

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have linksys.....****. Well, my download speed shot up to about 12000 kb/s now that it's later. I guess that's at least part of the problem.

Yeah, I'm on Comcast too (and Linksys also...)

I always do better on these tests after everyone has:

A.) Gone to bed (after midnight)

B.) Gone to work (after 9 a.m. on a weekday)

I've learned to keep my heaviest downloading (big, ol' Windows updates; game demos) limited to those times.

Still, compared to what most people are using, scores in the 8,000 - 9,000 kb/s range are really nothing to sneeze at.

iMac. :dozey:

Seriously. I kid you not. And not even an Intel one... one of the 2 generation ago G4 ones, with the big dome base and the flat screen mounted on a silver boom arm. And it's not even the big screen, either!!! :rolleyes:

Although we do have a number of PC laptops (5 at this count.) 2 out by the mixing board for real-time-analysis and remote-board-control (one with an Internet connection,) our system EQ control tablet, an office machine, and a spare (that might eventually get made as a wireless control for the mixing board,) the entire rest of the college is almost exclusively Mac-based. Not that we could ever get away with much in the way of gaming, anyway... or even take adavantage of the connection for personal downloads.

Oh,.. by the way, I work at the concert hall at a college in Boston with a shared T1 (or is it a T3 by now...) line.

It's a screamer... when nobody is around. During the period between semesters when the dorms are empty it's fast Fast FAST!!!!

During the height of the semester, though, it can be another story completely.

• 1 month later...
Well, my mom just informed me of something I was pretty sure of already. Cox upgraded their speeds, and now we get this for the same price as before:

47672159.png

:D

Aren't you in Las Vegas, BongoBob? I just got a notice from Cox Communications last week saying they were going to charge me $5 more per month for my hi-speed Internet service. So yeah, they upgraded us here in the Phoenix area but then decided to start charging more. :dozey:

Archived