Home

The New Enhanced Sabersystem Manual

JRHockney*

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(sign) I got to stop making changes in the middle of the night. :dozey: Manual fixed.

So, should I update the old ingame manual I made with this new manual, or does someone else want to do it? (I got bored so I came to these forums, I was looking through favorites and thought, "Hey, didn't I make a script for that mod a while ago?").

Sure if you want. Heck we might even want to put that script (updated of course) in the next build. :)

Heh. Frankly, the saber combat guide is still a mess, so I'm working up a revision for it. Should have it posted later tonight. ;)

Please do :p I'm sick people saying its too long or to hard to read or what ever. Though some people say its fine and learned everything from it, I'm sure it could be alot better.

Alright, I've run out of weekend, but I have a lot of the grunt work done. It still needs a number of thumbnail screen shots to go with the video links and maybe a few other convenient screen shots, but here's a link to what I have so far. Once I am completely through, I'll package it up and put it somewhere more appropriate. :)

http://www.valembrosa.net/OJP_SaberSystemManual.html

I noted a lot of excess terminology which I tried to cut down on some, however there are still at least two names for almost every technique, sometimes more. This seems excessive and confusing and, with permission, I'd like to pare it down to just one name to describe each technique.

A little bit of in-line CSS would also make the insets look nicer, too. All in good time. ;)

Looks good, but I'm not seeing the youtube links properly. :|

The links have stubbed still images that don't currently exist. Doing a full link to the YouTube content is next, I just used the existing links initially. Also, as one responder noted, the videos are from the old HUD, so it would be nice to update them with something fresher (and better quality/higher res).

and good work on Crediting me for the revision Causticus :D

Yeah, well, I have no idea how much you put into it, but I didn't want to snub you unnecessarily. ;)

All, I have updated with proper embedding of the YouTube content. Next task is a second thorough pass on grammar, terminology, etc. Another night. :drink3: XP

Nice guide, however to go a little off topic how come your hud looks so different?

newmeter.png

Mine does not look like this, the meters are not tick based, they are solid colors. Also, the dodge is green not purple on mine, why is this?

However when I open the enhancedstuff.pk3 I can see the tick based images in the hud files but it is not using these, how come?

I'm running what I believe to be the latest 0.1.1 and the enhancedstuff.pk3 in the sticky "Get OJP here!"

Nice guide, however to go a little off topic how come your hud looks so different?

newmeter.png

Mine does not look like this, the meters are not tick based, they are solid colors. Also, the dodge is green not purple on mine, why is this?

However when I open the enhancedstuff.pk3 I can see the tick based images in the hud files but it is not using these, how come?

I'm running what I believe to be the latest 0.1.1 and the enhancedstuff.pk3 in the sticky "Get OJP here!"

Those videos and pictures or whatever are pretty old most likely. but their still up to date as far as how each move looks and works. We may eventually shoot some new videos but we have other things to do right now.

Great job updating the Manual guys. When your through I'll post it here.

newmeter.png

That is the newest HUD from Enhanced 0.1.1 (I think), though it took a little work to get it installed correctly. Honestly, I don't know how it is supposed to work, but through trial and error, my final result was a combination of extracting the 0.0.9 version to get my GameData\ojpenhanced folder, then removing all the version suffixes (_005 and _009), and lastly replacing the 0.0.9 ojp_enhancedstuff.pk3 with the new 0.1.1 version. This seemed to give me all the latest updates in an essentially functioning mod. Good luck. ;)

(to echo JRHockney, the vid's are all the older HUD, but I think you were asking about the new one)

Yes I was talking about the newmeter image not referring to the videos. It was referring DP to purple and looking at it the meter is tick based or at least has block/square images. I'll have to play with it, if it doesn't work not a big deal will just wait for the next version to come out, good luck to you guys.

Great job updating the Manual guys. When your through I'll post it here.

I recommend that you commit the changes to the repository and then just have this thread point to the file on the repository. That way the document only has to be updated in one place.

That's actually an old HUD, and installation of 0.1.1 should be as simple as installing it to the right location and deleting all of your old files. All you need is the new enhancedstuff and enhanceddll pk3's.

Okay then that answers my question, my hud is how it should be then. I was just thinking my hud is the older one and that tick based one with purple DP was the new one.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure everything was how it should be.

I still have the graphics files for those (it was constructed via Photoshop layers with the intention of having individual pieces used for a new GUI). It's just that I don't have the time anymore to learn how to code everything into a cohesive GUI. Between work, grant-writing, classes, research, and a research thesis, there hasn't really been much time to pick up something new.

If someone is interested in working with me on it, I can provide the individual icons and whatnot to be used; making new gadget/force power/weapons icons is a piece of cake for me, but coding is not my language, and I don't really see myself capable of spending the time to rig something together.

And yeah those videos are outdated. If one of you guys would be kind enough to let me borrow rcon on a server that can afford me some good ping, I can make new demos in what little spare time I have. Hell, the whole manual can just be a series of embedded videos with a brief description underneath.

speaking of the HUD, when are we going to see this one?

Quote:Originally Posted by Tanqexe

TrueView w/ Clone Rifle | HUD explanation

Third Person view w/ lightsaber | HUD explanation

its still my favorite one yet

Wow can I download it somewhere? :p

Archived