Home

Matrix of the new age [OOC chatter]

Okay, I have this pretty big idea of a new Matrix. It's basically a somewhat surreal view of a future. Here's the backstory as I've planned it:

It was a new world inside the Matrix with the year going at 2051. No colonies outside earth quite yet, but commercial visits to space are a great tourist attraction nowadays. The knowledge on human genomes has also evolved, mostly because the machines in the Real world have developed enhancements on how to make a better battery out of a human by mutating the genes. This is represented in the Matrix as nanobot enhancements used internationally by everyone who can manage a steady, over $500 per week paying job. The nanotechnology also divided the Matrix world, which was unexpected to the Machines. Some people loathed the use of nanotechnology, denying the use of nanotechnology on themselves. Their bodies rejected the gene mutations in the Real world and the Machines were forced to further mutate the genes by reversing them into what they were. It was inevidable that these all-natural people would form a sort of a cult, slowly starting to kill off everyone with nanotechnology in their bodies. The problem is that these people are so strong-willed that not even the agents can do much about it without causing an error in the system. This will be the main threath of the Matrix world, even if the heroes of the story will still try to "liberate" the people from the Machines.

On the weapon side, bladed weaponry and projectiles are still used. The guns have actually been evolved slightly with various enyhancemnts in bullets and nanotechnology in the form of a nanocomputer on the gun as an auto-aim reducing the spread of the bullets when fired by forcing the barrel to turn on the handle back towards the target scanned by a laser. As in the bladed weaponry, no vibro-blade or lightasber-like weapons. They're just normal metal-made swords, knives and such. No nanotechnology on that front yet.

The Agents will not be the only Machine-threath in the world. There will be so called "Super Police" which are humans connected to the Matrix but they have been taken in by the Agents to train. Their genes are also modified so they have greater speed, agility, strenght and such, so they can quite easily match a hero even if they would not believe in the laws made up by the Machines.

So, whaddya think? It's totally new and I hope it'll be the longest running Matrix RP here too. I don't have a storyline yet in mind, so it's all open for your ideas

Just a quick question and then I'll offer some ideas: who are you calling the heroes? Our characters? People freed from the Matrix? The 'all natural' humans?

And I'm curious: are some genetically altered humans also freed from the Matrix?

Of course the 'hero' thing depends all on the view of your ethics, but storywise, the 'heroes' are the main characters, which means mostly the crew of our hovership.

Most people in the matrix are genetically altered, so yes, they will also be released at some point, but their augmentations inside the matrix will be coded out so they're just as 'weak' as normal humans. The real world genetic manipulations is all about just how to make the human body a more sufficent battery

Name:

Purist?: (Simple Yes/No question)

Preferred weapons:

Appearance:

Matrix appearance:

Short info:

Other:

If you have anything to add to this, please note of it. No need to yet fill out the profile. Just wait until we have approval of most players and I'll let the profile filling begin

Wow... so many people say "I'm in," and I'm still the first to officially join? :p

Name: Maria Cortez

Nickname: Lady Luck, but most people shorten it to Lucky

Purist?: yes

Preferred weapons: any sort of lightweight meelee weapon

Appearance: 5' 2" tall, hispanic appearance (tanned skin, dark hair and eyes), wears jeans, a dark blue long-sleeve shirt, and a leather knee-length jacket

Matrix appearance: add a pair of sunglasses on sunny days. Otherwise, the same.

Short info: Until she turned ten, Maria had lived in Guatemala. Then, her family moved to America and settled in Chicago. Maria picked up the language quickly, but to this day she has a clear accent. At twenty years of age, Maria was freed from the Matrix and enthusiastically set to work doing whatever she was given to do.

Other: Though her enthusiasm has faded slightly, Maria is still a hard worker. Due to her service on various ships, she has received a few scars from tussles with the machines. Her newest scar is on her back and runs from neck to waist. It was received no more than two months ago, when she and her crew had gone out to patrol. The ship was very nearly wrecked and then attacked by machines. Only Maria and the pilot survived. They drove off the machines three times, while repairing their ship. The third time, Maria was hit.

Despite her injury, she kept working until she lost consciousness from loss of blood. By that time, they had successfully given their ship enough repairs to limp back to base. There, Maria was given as much medical care as could be spared. She's back to normal as for manouverability, but keeps the scar as an added reminder of what could happen. It was after this close call that Maria was given the nickname 'Lady Luck' since most people thing she shouldn't have survived.

Didn't I say you don't have to fill it yet. Also, by purist I mean the group of people who have no gene manipulation done to them while in the matrix. Also the freed ones must fill this because it'll judge your feelings towards the purist cults in the matrix. However, now you can start filling the profiles out if you want. I also added Nickname, which I had forgotten. Also, we need to pick a name. It's all up to you people. You're the ones who RP this thing, I'm just one piece of the puzzle.

Name: Hong Qiu (This is written like chinese write it, a.k.a. Hong is his surname)

Nickname: Python

Purist?: Yes

Preferred weapons: Blades of all kinds

Appearance: 5'7", Asian look with narrow eyes, short black hair and nicely tanned skin. He usually wears a red, ripped shirt with brown pants and a taiji symbol hanging on his neck. Also has scars on many places on his upper body but much less on the lower body. There is also a scar going across his right cheek. Most of the scars are from the Matrix as "the mind makes it real"

Matrix appearance: Very similiar but with a bit longer hair and the outfit turned into a white cotton outfit which has taken designs from the martial-arts outfits in example on the buttons and the overall mobility of the thing, which of course means it's much more easy to fight in than the leather ones many others use. There are also normally two wristblades under his sleeves which are retractable and detatchable if needed to. Both wristblades are 14 inches long at full lenght and do have a hilt once it's fully detatched.

Short info: Since childhood he has been living in New York's Chinatown with his family. His family is an influential triad family in New York, even if you might think Matrix would have no such threaths, but it does. His family's triad has done many horrible things which he has heard of by other members of the crews he has worked with. When he found out about the Matrix's reality, his mind started rejecting the machines, which caused him to have so-called seizures when he would go from the Matrix to the real world and then back into the matrix again, which were painful for him. The agents did nothing to him as he was not a threath. He never really went into cracking and was more of an engineer all his life, but was quite able to do some pretty nice things when he had to. When the crew of the Morpheus found out about him, they arranged a meeting with him and freed him for good, releasing him of his pains and annoying seizures. The seizures also somehow managed to mix the code inside him, causing that he could not be traced by the agents so easily. He has since gone throught many crews, eventually ending in this one and becoming an engineer on the ship with Maria, as the ship is indeed quite large.

Other: His family thinks he moved away, so he can still contact the triad when in need, which is what he has done a few times when trouble has risen and only a couple of the crew members are inside and can't get out.

Name: Micheal Ironside

Nickname: Ironside

Preferred weapons: Big and loud ones.

Appearance: hair to his shoulders, kinda messy like, a short moustache and soul patch.clothing wise is similar to the stuff neo wears.

Matrix appearance: leather jacket, jeans and beige work boots.

Short info: Micheal was freed fairly young and eversince has been a soldier for zion. He fights with vigilance and with valor. Although he is very serious when it comes to battle, he does have a sublte stlye of humor. He'll talk and join in on conversations, but he won't start them. He has excellent navigating skills and sometimes takes the spot of the co-pilot.

Other: Is a BAMF

((Oh, hey, Tepe. The name of Morpheus' ship isn't Morpheus, it's Nebuchadnezzar

Name: Jack Moika

Nickname: Aedan (means "fire" in Gaelic. pronounced eye-den)

Preferred weapons:His hand crafted Zion katana, and any guns that are heavy or light, preferably pistols, shotguns, and his personal favorite, the XM8 assault rifle

Appearance: 6' 3", well built, kinda on the slim side but very muscular, has dark brown hair with ocean blue eyes. Normally wears a semi-tattered cotton shirt, black cargo pants, and military style boots.

Matrix appearance: Black leather jacket, dark sunglasses, cropped hair, cargos

Short info: Jack was freed 2 years prior to now. He served on the Defiant for 1 year and then was transfered to (insert ship name) after the Defiant was destroyed by squiddies while Jack was on shore leave.

Other: Has a strong liking towards motorcycles. If he can get one, he will drive it. Proficent sniper.

Hey, Royal, did it occur to you that Tepe actually meant what he said? That perhaps, in that mind of his so crammed full of cool ideas, he came up with a ship of his own called the Morpheus?

And as for ship names, I say we get that settled right this very instant. I'm all for something out of another language... like Tiburón for example. And what about a storyline? We haven't much set one of those yet, have we?

And Tepe... sorry, Black Knight... whom I shall now call BKK, I know you said we didn't have to fill in our char sheets, but I wanted to do it before I forgot my character.

Archived