Home

GUI modifications

Zagadka

I was poking around the moddable data files with the Tool, and I saw several entries in there for the interface... this is a completely stupid n00b question, but is there any way that the interface can be modified in any way? There are a lot of things I'd like to change about it (farking X-Box limitations)...

Scrolling through powers, specials, feats, med packs, etc is so freaking annoying, especially when they reset to the original one as soon as you zone. There has GOT to be a better way to cycle through powers, attacks, specials, and usables...

Are the "stats/info" pages static, or templates? I can see the use of having smaller text to show more items in the screen.

I was poking around the moddable data files with the Tool, and I saw several entries in there for the interface... this is a completely stupid n00b question, but is there any way that the interface can be modified in any way?

In my limited testing I've only been able to move things around, change transparency and color of some elements and such. Adding new elements don't seem to work (and the engine probably wouldn't know what to do with them anyway). I'm guessing the .GUI files just contain properties of static elements hardcoded in the game engine.

I tried (no success yet) changing how medpacks and stimulants work. It's annoying to click the party member portrait each time you want to apply a medical item to the PC. Is that too hardcoded ?

Thanks.

Pretty much. You could create a new Item similiar to a Grenade that has the effects of a medpack but would come up in the grenade action menu. However unless I miss my guess this would only work in combat. The reason you have to click on the portrait to use medpacks or other usable items by each of those characters is that the game has those assigned as items of a type that have to be activated by the user for the character that is in the group leader position.

IMHO the way the game controls these actions is much better than having your character stop in the middle of combat and go heal a partymember. Also the way it's setup in the game gives a subtle but much deeper immersion effect.

Archived