Home

Feat tree request - Cleave

Zagadka

One of the things lacking from D&D 3, which most of the KotOR gameplay is based on, is a very useful tool - cleave. For much of the game, you are struggling your way through hordes of enemies that attack you many v. one. While there are area of effect powers and grenades, there isn't much that you can do with a saber.

What I'm proposing is a new series of feats. Requirement off of Improved Power Attack. The first one, Cleave, gives you a free attack on the next target within range when you kill an opponent. Improved Cleave would add a +2 to hit and damage, and Master Cleave would hit as many enemies as are in reach (akin to swinging your saber in a complete circle). Cleave would be a level 8-10ish feat, Master Cleave would be 18-20, I think. The feat only works with lightsabers (no other melee swords etc) and does not carry bonuses from Power Attack etc.

Any thoughts?

Sorry, but creating new feats is beyond the scope of what we can do.

The only thing we can create are placeholder feats that really do nothing, but can be used for things like script or item checks or something. The feats are hard-coded so we cannot do things like this.

Oh, one other feat I thought of - to give ranged weapons a little more "umph", a Quick Draw feat that lets them get off an extra shot when not in combat (ie, when they initiate it and aren't already being attacked). I dunno how that would quite work out, though, just floating ideas.

Archived